Jussi Jokinen To Be Put on Waivers

TheMazz

I actually think Lou would claim him, but its what everyone else said- he probably won't make it to us. I mean this guy's name at its mere mention has caused me to involuntarily twitch since 2009, so it would figure that the Rags will probably wind up with him lol.

I think I'd have to pull a lead pipe in a stairwell type deal if that happened. I'd have nightmares every night before playing the Rags. I don't think I'll ever remove the last few minutes of that game from my head. Frontal lobotomy, here I come!

Edited by ATLL765

I actually think Lou would claim him, but its what everyone else said- he probably won't make it to us. I mean this guy's name at its mere mention has caused me to involuntarily twitch since 2009, so it would figure that the Rags will probably wind up with him lol.

I think I'd have to pull a lead pipe in a stairwell type deal if that happened. I'd have nightmares every night before playing the Rags. I don't think I'll ever remove the last few minutes of that game from my head. Frontal lobotomy, here I come!

Games 4 and 7... Been trying to forget 'em for 4 years. I truly wish I could burn that series from my memory, what an utter disaster.

Canes aren't able to spend up to the cap. They also have about $20 million tied up in Semin and the Staal brothers. To sign Semin to  $7 million deal they may have thought to themselves we can count it as $4 million (plus another contract to replace Jokinen) if we cut Jokinen. Its some kind of creative internal cap maneuvering.

That being said, he is obviously not SO good. But his 5 goals in 30 games are more than our parade of 4th liners have had in 3+ seasons combined.

it didn't affect how much they were paying this year. If he had any value, they would've held onto him for at least a trade possibility this summer or something. He's fallen off 

it didn't affect how much they were paying this year. If he had any value, they would've held onto him for at least a trade possibility this summer or something. He's fallen off

and so have the Canes. A few more losses like last night and it will be a good summer.

Anyone that was hoping to get rid of Tallinder or Volch, forget it now. Teams ain't taking money for next year with a $64 million cap apparently.

Only way I see it is a trade for a forward where the salary swap is the same. I do not see it happening as well.

Anyone that was hoping to get rid of Tallinder or Volch, forget it now. Teams ain't taking money for next year with a $64 million cap apparently.

They're not taking it now, because they don't know how their team is going to shake out.  Once they figure that out, there will be people looking for help and Tallinder might be a guy that helps them.

I thought at least one team would bite, but yeah.  I didn't want the Sharks to claim him and I can't imagine a better potential fit for him.  3 million for a 3rd/4th liner is not worth it.  Sharks are potentially going to buy out Adam Burish who only has a 1.9 million cap hit, can't add 3 million.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

This pretty much means he will be bought out right? I mean if they can't trade him doesn't he just get buried in the minors? And Im pretty sure that if a player is making more than 1m in the minors it counts against the cap anyway. So it's basically trade or buyout for Jokinen now.