DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

First, about ego... I'm in the Supporters section because I love to yell and scream but feel like a dolt when I'm doing it by myself in the balcony. Shouting with a bunch of crazy people makes it all ok.

Also, any word on Islander tickets for the event yet? I have friends interested in going too. I might be able to bring 3 more to add to the noise and atmosphere.

Thanks to all who come and bring life to the Rock. I love it.

Scoops

I am actually curious to get everyone's opinion on this and one of unknown poster's comments a few pages back got me thinking. Do you feel that calling the section the "Supporters" section can come across wrong towards other fans in the arena that also cheer their hearts out for the Devils? I know in soccer they call the sections for groups like ours supporters sections, but perhaps that doesn't translate the same into hockey. As a group we just want to be one part of the fanbase to help support the Devils alongside other fans, no matter where they sit when they attend games. Just wondering what everyone's two cents are on this.

I am actually curious to get everyone's opinion on this and one of unknown poster's comments a few pages back got me thinking. Do you feel that calling the section the "Supporters" section can come across wrong towards other fans in the arena that also cheer their hearts out for the Devils? I know in soccer they call the sections for groups like ours supporters sections, but perhaps that doesn't translate the same into hockey. As a group we just want to be one part of the fanbase to help support the Devils alongside other fans, no matter where they sit when they attend games. Just wondering what everyone's two cents are on this.

I made that point earlier. But again the hope is that the group can do such a good job, whatever their name will be, that there won't need to be an individual section because the building will be rocking each night. I think that a wild run down the stretch could do that and being at the building will be a special thing. I really think a loud and energetic building is a must for this team if they are going to continue to have success. Just like a game against the Sharks where the team may have not had their legs and were tired, but the crowd kept cheering, that might be the case down the stretch with the players knowing they have such support on what they have done so far, and it gives them that extra boost.

It might sound ridiculous, but that is what home ice advantage is all about in sports...feeding off crowd energy.

Edited by devilsrule33

Okay, looks like one poster needed a break from the forums. Anyone else feel like perpetrating an endless argument?

You are an absolute Hero. Make it a PERMA and I'll build your statue out of SJPs jersey collection!

Seriously folks, the Supporters Section is a great gathering that has picked up momentum thanks to the initial efforts of a few followed by the enthusiasm of their mass. Fans should be contributing to unity in the stands instead of letting egos get in the way. Also, some of you who like to call others out all the time sure are funny when you complain about those who do it to you in return. You know who you are. For those of you who don't know, read the threads, and they should stand out. They hang out in pairs. Black pots and kettles anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Edited by этотсайтебут

I don't really see any problem with being called Supporters. I do sort of see it as a way of having a group of people standing and cheering/chanting/singing throughout the game. There may be some kinks to go through, but this is mostly due to having the group being organized on a game-by-game basis. If we do end up with an official Supporters section next season, it would be easier to get organized. As someone told me after the 2/4 game against the Panthers: "We need to do this every game."

It has been successful because it brought together fans that had been going through one of the worst starts the team has experienced and something had to be done in order to bring the crowd and the team back to life. Based on what has happened since, that excitement has returned once again.

Edited by DeevFactor

I'll have the link for the game on the 12th sometime this week. I'll post it here as soon as it's ready to go.

I've addressed the name thing a few times but I'm definitely going to stick with the supporters name for the rest of this season at least. I haven't really heard too many complaints about the name, and it's routine in soccer to have "supporters sections" It's not meant to mean that if you don't stand there that you aren't a supporter of the team. I don't believe the majority of people actually think that is the case anyway. The name thing isn't anything more then something that's easy to remember and a way for everyone to find the facebook to find out when the next game is.

Also, if there does happen to be an official section that's done by the Devils next season it will probably be something like the "Devils Army Supporters Section" or something else that they decide to name it.

And the last thing with the name thing, no matter what it's called there's always a chance that people may think "oh hey those people think they are better fans then us" but most of those people are the minority. I've said this before and it's entirely true, it's just 100% impossible to please everyone.

I have no problems taking criticisms of the section, I have taken a lot of criticisms into account actually and changed things because those criticisms made things better.

If ya think there is an ego involved with anyone in the group then ya need to come out and join us for a game. Everyone I have met(and it's been a lot of people over these last 4 games) have been nothing but nice and pleasant to meet. The section is for everyone, old, young, kids, anyone who wants to cheer on the Devils. I just wanted to try to bring a little extra boost of noise into the building and that's all I am ever interested in doing. I want the rock to be loud every night with all of our fans screaming "lets go devils!" just like it was the other night against the sharks.

This is suppose to be a fun thing for everyone that is drama free, so let's try to keep it that way. This is about rooting for the Devils in a loud way surrounded by other loud Devils fans. Nothing more to it then that.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Sorry everyone about taking too long to action him, I think we can mostly agree that a cheering and supportive section is positive. We know others came first, others more organically formed but can there really be anything wrong with supporting the Devils?

:clap2:

I like the Supporters name. If a less generic name is attached to it, then undoubtedly t-shirts would be made and/or personalized jerseys would start being worn, and all the sudden it becomes more like a clique. As it is now, it seems much more open and inviting. Just my two cents.

I like the Supporters name. If a less generic name is attached to it, then undoubtedly t-shirts would be made and/or personalized jerseys would start being worn, and all the sudden it becomes more like a clique. As it is now, it seems much more open and inviting. Just my two cents.

I didn't think of it like this, but that's a good point.

If the supporters section all wore NHL approved authentic jerseys (no knockoffs) perhaps unknown poster wouldn't be so upset.

The fact that some fans are getting so up in arms over a group of enthusiasts is rediculous. Take your energy and form your own group if you want. Just don't start crying the blues when you face the same adversity you have doled out toward the organizers of the supporters section. Keep in mind, any group of people has a couple of clowns in its mix. Don't be so quick to judge the masses because of a couple of toolbags. Better yet, join the group as I see it is open to all to be a part of. Some of you are acting as though you are not invited.

Edited by этотсайтебут

IT'S OFFICIAL

Just got my email from the Devils for the Supporters game for March 12th against the Isles AND the March 18th Retro Night against the Caps.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_corp_start.htmI?l=EN&team=devils&owner=617908&group=317&err=&event=&customerID=

Code: Devils

Remember only buy here if you are going to stand, be loud, chant, and wear red! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

Section 117 by the way for Supporters Islander game. Not sure yet for Caps game.

When I pulled a ticket for the Caps game, the section there is 121. Anyway, I already have a ticket for the Caps game, but I'll be donating that to charity and will be there for both upcoming games.

I do have a bit of a minor name suggestion to toss in. I was thinking of something like Devils Army [section Number] Infantry Section. Like for the Islanders game, it would be Devils Army 117th Infantry Section as an example.