GDT: Vancouver @ New Jersey

Mayday

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are saying we are excusing the devils. The devils are still 9-2-1 since the all star break. Who here would trade that in for the records of most other teams since then? We didn't lose to some chump team, we lost to the Canucks. I don't care if they might have been tired from the game before they still are one of the best teams there is. Hell the devils used to win a lot of both games in back to backs in 2000-01 season from what I remember so everyone just calm down a bit. Schneider also played his ass off tonight.

We go back on Sunday and we will win that one and e 10-2-1 since the all star break and everyone will calm down

damn, a tough loss, i wanted that one so bad. it sucks to get this loss but i cant say we didn't play a hell of a game. we played em tough for sure. our D definitely had some collapses that game though, and they scored 2 goals on 16 shots, pretty weak on our part. we did almost double their shots on goals though, and that shows how intense we played for the majority of the game

for those of us who were looking at this game as a barameter on how we stand against the fast skating western leaders I think we faired pretty dam well(excluding the final score) we completely out-shot a tired vancouver team. so far only boston has made us look bad

and dumping foster takes a bit of the sting out

nice face plant into the boards by kesler too!

Edited by EdgeControl

Schneider was on top of his game, he played like he knew he had to steal this one and he did.

Devils, on the other hand, have gone cold as of late. Kovy hasn't scored in four games including tonight, Elias has a 6 game goal scoring drought, Parise/Henrique have had 1 goal in the last 6-7 games.

I think this loss was a combination of these two happening and it happens. Time for Kovy/Elias/Parise/Henrique to get back on the board and start scoring. Hopefully they rise to the occasion against TB/Rangers on Sun/Mon

Me, personally, I think Elias/Sykora aren't clicking with Clarkson. Clarkson's individual style of play and his inability to cycle seems to take the other guys out of the game. Clarkson is perfect for the bottom six pairing with his style of play as he will score regardless.

Parise-Henrique-Kovy: these guys need to find their own way and battle through it

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus: this line had great chemistry, it should be put back together

Poni-Josefson-Bernier: JJ's skill and confidence is picking up in his play and together with the wings should be able to create better scoring chances here and cycle the puck better in the O-zone, dont deny Zubrus, but i think Zubrus brings more value with Sykora and Elias.

Boulton-Carter-Clarkson: Clarkson can chew the puck as long as he wants here and bring an offensive touch to this line

Edited by Anhkheg

Did anyone see that dude take a spill while going up the escalator by the Lafayette tower? All I know is I heard some loud thumps and saw a lot of blood.. Not sayin he was drunk, but he was with a guy I know drinks a lot on the $10 like and he did somehow severely hurt himself on an escalator

This loss is all PDB's fault. Putting your number 1 goalie in net versus a team that's not in the conference is stupid. Win or lose Moose should have played. Based on his history, the last thing we need is Marty to get exhausted entering the playoffs. This is the typical mistake a coach who's never been the bench boss of a winning NHL team would make.

Did anyone see that dude take a spill while going up the escalator by the Lafayette tower? All I know is I heard some loud thumps and saw a lot of blood.. Not sayin he was drunk, but he was with a guy I know drinks a lot on the $10 like and he did somehow severely hurt himself on an escalator

Damn was this going in I take it?

Parise-Henrique-Kovy: these guys need to find their own way and battle through it

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus: this line had great chemistry, it should be put back together

Poni-Josefson-Bernier: JJ's skill and confidence is picking up in his play and together with the wings should be able to create better scoring chances here and cycle the puck better in the O-zone, dont deny Zubrus, but i think Zubrus brings more value with Sykora and Elias.

Boulton-Carter-Clarkson: Clarkson can chew the puck as long as he wants here and bring an offensive touch to this line

this

This loss is all PDB's fault. Putting your number 1 goalie in net versus a team that's not in the conference is stupid. Win or lose Moose should have played. Based on his history, the last thing we need is Marty to get exhausted entering the playoffs. This is the typical mistake a coach who's never been the bench boss of a winning NHL team would make.

Except Sutter and Lemaire did the same thing. Is it 100% on the coach or is someone else calling the shots?

I was near there but no, didn't see it. I was too busy screaming "it's ok everyone the Rags lost to the Islanders in a S/O"

Even though this loss wasn't anywhere near Marty's fault...I agree and wouldn't have minded seeing Moose in net. Just something to switch it up. Change the setting and environment. Brodeur's track record vs. the Canucks is pretty bad I think.

Three straight games that the Parise line has been unable to finish.

Agreed. The first line had some chances but they weren't smooth transition chances. Seemed like a lot of chippy play and a puck would land somewhere and they;d be like 'oh cool' and then would shoot.

As for everyone talking about Clarkson going to the 4th line. I dunno. It's hard to say because he's second on the team in scoring. Now, I feel like he would look good there but it almost doesn't make sense...but jesus christ is he a horrible passer. If it weren't for his strength and (sometimes) strong wrist shot..jeez I dunno I'd wonder how he's in the league.

For everyones that's saying Harrold sucks...eh. No. He doesn't suck but he is small and EXTREMELY hesitant at times..especially when it involves being in the opponents zone. He is afraid to shoot. It almost looks like PDB has pulled him aside and said 'whatever you do, don't shoot.' It's weird.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Jesus guys. They lost a tough game to the best team in the league, and are still 9-2-1 since the All Star break. You'll see Moose on Sunday, and this game was NOT a poor effort at all, the Canucks just happen to be pretty fvckin' good, especially on the road.

oh no they put quite the effort on out there...just couldn't finish. The first line has hit a small slump since Henrique rejoined them.

I was near there but no, didn't see it. I was too busy screaming "it's ok everyone the Rags lost to the Islanders in a S/O"

Even though this loss wasn't anywhere near Marty's fault...I agree and wouldn't have minded seeing Moose in net. Just something to switch it up. Change the setting and environment. Brodeur's track record vs. the Canucks is pretty bad I think.

yeah because when a team is 9-1-1 they need to switch things up.

you cant really hate on what we did tonight.. were were aggressive in almost every minute of the game. ive hated on devils' losses this year but this one i was at least glad to see that they came to play and they played hard. yea the first line didn't get to put one in and they put together some nice chances. the only time i would ever worry about a player is if he started to not hustle or get chances. tonight i feel like all the players had good chances, the puck just didn't go in. we had just a couple lapses on D but we outshot VAN 31-16 and i feel like thats a good way to represent the chances we had.

Just no puck luck tonight. Thought they handled them well and certainly outworked them. CS put on a show in net. Tough break on the second goal, Greene was caught in no mans land screening Marty on the drop pass.

One thing that frustrates the hell out of me is what they are doing at the dot. On the power play I saw Kovalchuk and Clarkson be the first people in to take a faceoff, what's the deal with that?

What are you talking about?? He started Marty (who is red hot for christ's sake), so he can then start Moose Sunday against Tampa and have Marty back against the Rangers. He already said Marty would be playing most games but not back-to-backs. And jeez, was Moose really gonna get a win there?

What are you talking about?? He started Marty (who is red hot for christ's sake), so he can then start Moose Sunday against Tampa and have Marty back against the Rangers. He already said Marty would be playing most games but not back-to-backs. And jeez, was Moose really gonna get a win there?

Not to mention, Marty let in a whopping two goals.