NJDevs '13-14 FHL (Fantasy Hockey) is ready to go!

NJDevs4978

If you want in just click the invitation link and create your team: http://y.ahoo.it/pMFp0kla.

I set the draft for Monday September 30, 8 PM (the night before the season opens) to give us time to fill out the league and make better picks lol

If you're a noob and want to know the rules, it's a rotisserie league where you get points per category (if you're first in goals scored, you get 20 points if it's a 20-team league, if you're last you get one point and in between).  There are fourteen categories total:

For forwards/defense - goals (G), assists (A), points (P), plus-minus (+/-), power play points (PPP), shorthanded points (SHP), game winning goals (GWG), faceoff wins (FW), hits (HIT) and blocks (BLK)

For goalies - wins (W), goals-against average (GAA), save percentage (SV%) and shutouts (SHO)

There are eighteen total roster spots, of which you can start up to eleven players on a given day - you play two centers, two LW's, two RW's, four D, one goalie and each spot itself has a game limit of 82...i.e. you can play a max of 82 games at goalie, or a max of C/LW/RW 164 games since there are two spots there, and 328 total games on D since there are four spots.  Because there are game limits, don't just go automatically trying to fill every spot every day in the lineup, you have to either play your starters or mix and match a little.

I'll try to set the trade deadline for after the NHL trade deadline, once I find out when the NHL trade deadline is :P  Anyone who wants to sign up, first-come first-serve so have at it!

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it now...I always forget when you roll over a league all the spots still get reserved even if you don't send mass emails.

Hopefully someone new steps up this year, as interesting as a third mano-a-mano title showdown in four seasons would be it'd get old only having the two of us duke it out every year lol

Try clicking the (new) invitation URL maybe?

http://y.ahoo.it/pMFp0kla.

I could just use your e-mail and invite you but I really want to figure out how to let everyone on the board in without having to manually do it for each one  :P  I don't understand why there's only a league ID and not a password this year either.

Just found this:

New for 2013: Prospective owners no longer can join the league using the ID# and password. They must accept an invite from the commissioner by clicking on the link provided in the invite email.

So if that link above doesn't work for you guys lemme know, I'll just manually invite everyone but you have to give me an e-mail to do it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So far we only have ten...we could use a few more but only if you want to play, don't really need a bunch of dead teams floating around. Maybe trimming the league from normal is what we need anyway :P

It would be nice to at least have 12-16 teams I suppose.  Either way I'm locking the league at 5 PM Monday so I can do the draft order before it begins 8 that night.

Edited by NJDevs4978