Dainius Zubrus

Jerzey

He's always making the play before the play.

Always seems to be in the right spot at the right time and he's always giving 100%.

I once considered him our most tradable asset (as in the one guy besides the superstars who would bring in the best return), but now I don't think he's replaceable.

Nothing we don't know already, really, but I wanted to show him some appreciation for the work he's been doing this year.

agree! Zub is having a strong year! he's a one man forechecking machine; looks like spiderman on the boards. he appears way more confident skaking with the puck too and showed off a spin-o-rama to boot! lol

and to think deboer demoted him earlier

Edited by EdgeControl

This board really is in a "what have you done for me recently" mentality. This guy underachieved for arguably the majority of his contract with the Devils up until this year (and maybe during the run last year).

He's having a great year so far this year, but let's not get carried away here. He's finally living up to his contract.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Since the playoff series against Philly, he's been using his body effectively. Our complaint with him was always he played like he was smaller. He hasn't done that lately. He may never be a goal scoring machine, but he's done a great job getting the skill players on his line the puck where they can do some damage.

Please explain what he has done in the playoffs? thanks

Do you remember that year when we played the Flyers and everybody seemed to don't give a fvck and play like sh!t ? The only guy who was playing with his heart and giving his maximum in these playoffs was Danius Zubrus.

Do you remember that superb first half of the season last year. The only player who constantly played with his heart and gave all he had every night while the rest of the team was sleeping is Danius Zubrus.

Just for that I think he is a big part of this team.

This board really is in a "what have you done for me recently" mentality. This guy underachieved for arguably the majority of his contract with the Devils up until this year (and maybe during the run last year).

He's having a great year so far this year, but let's not get carried away here. He's finally living up to his contract.

That's not Zubrus's fault. He hasn't lived up to his contract, but he's been a solid contributor every year he's been here. This year the pucks happen to be going in at a higher rate than usual, I'm sure that will likely slow down, but if he can put in between 15 and 20, that's a solid year. And remember, this is year 5 of a 6 year deal. There's not a lot of 6 year deals for average-type players that work out well, but this one is.

For those of you who say he's "finally" living up to his contract....

07/08- 13g, 25a, 28 pts, +2

08/09- 15g, 25a, 40 pts, +6

09/10- 10g, 17a, 27 pts, +4

10/11- 10g, 17a, 30 pts, -11

11/12- 10g, 9a, 19pts, +/- 0

This year on pace for: 22g, 20a, 42pts, +/- 0

So he's on pace to only beat his 08/09 season by two points.

What I think this is... is Devil fans getting the wrong impression of the kind of player Zubrus is. When he was signed... he was seen as the Gomez replacement. Were fans expecting 60/70 pts a year? His best season was in Washington when he got 57 points playing aside Alex Ovechkin. Currently the numbers that Adam Henrique is enjoying with who he is playing with.

We saw two season ago that whenever Zubrus was paired with Parise/Zajac, he would all of a sudden start putting up some points. Then for some reason, Sutter/Lemaire would take him off of that line and his stats would suffer.

Even since he got here, he's been consistent with his board play and what he beings to this team. He's been the same player the whole time. He's used on the penalty kill as well as the power play... he's also been asked to play every forward position. I have been a huge fan of his for his entire stay here in NJ. Not to mention off the ice there's no one nicer than he.

Zubes is one of my favorite Devils for sure... always has been.

For those of you who say he's "finally" living up to his contract....

07/08- 13g, 25a, 28 pts, +2

08/09- 15g, 25a, 40 pts, +6

09/10- 10g, 17a, 27 pts, +4

10/11- 10g, 17a, 30 pts, -11

11/12- 10g, 9a, 19pts, +/- 0

This year on pace for: 22g, 20a, 42pts, +/- 0

So he's on pace to only beat his 08/09 season by two points.

What I think this is... is Devil fans getting the wrong impression of the kind of player Zubrus is. When he was signed... he was seen as the Gomez replacement. Were fans expecting 60/70 pts a year? His best season was in Washington when he got 57 points playing aside Alex Ovechkin. Currently the numbers that Adam Henrique is enjoying with who he is playing with.

We saw two season ago that whenever Zubrus was paired with Parise/Zajac, he would all of a sudden start putting up some points. Then for some reason, Sutter/Lemaire would take him off of that line and his stats would suffer.

Even since he got here, he's been consistent with his board play and what he beings to this team. He's been the same player the whole time. He's used on the penalty kill as well as the power play... he's also been asked to play every forward position. I have been a huge fan of his for his entire stay here in NJ. Not to mention off the ice there's no one nicer than he.

His best season was the year before we got him - he had 60 points and he was looking like the kind of player who could do 70. His play changed for the Devils a lot. And yes he's only on pace for a few points more but 22G would be much better than usual.

My feelings exactly. Since he arrived, he's probably been our most consistent forward not named Elias. Even guys like Zach and Zajac have hit their cold spells. But Zubes seems to go out every night, be a beast on the boards, play whatever role is asked of him well (1st, 2nd, 3rd line, PP, PK, center, left wing, right wing, whatever) and rarely make a bad play with or without the puck. His ability to slide in and out of roles and positions without any awkward learning curves has given this team a tremendous amount of flexibility in its lines and capabilities.

He's been a favorite of mine since Day 1 here. Big time.

I was just asking myself... when was the last time Zubrus made a glaring mistake that left you yelling "DAMMIT ZUBRUS!" at the TV or at the game? I honestly can't remember...

Even with our most consistent player in Elias I found myself saying "jesus christ who was that pass to?!"

Edited by njdevil26

Zubrus is a team player, very unselfish and making his teammates look good. To have a strong complete team, you must have not only snipers like kovy, but a whole pyramid of different type players - Zubrus is one of the more important "bricks in the wall". A lot of "numbers" to other players comes from the things, that Zubrus do on the ice. And out of the rink, he's a very nice person. As a Lithuanian, I appreciate his presence. He's taking care of our inferior hockey - he's the president of our national junior league and is the man, that our children want to be like... I'm still thanking God, that he plays for my favorite NHL team, and now for 5 years I can cheer only for Devils, not for Devils and "Zubie's team". Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line is the most hockey-intellectual line. They playing with their brains, and playing really good... Look at their "line age"...