Leafs announcers killing the Devils

officerfarva

The Toronto media is out for blood. Apparently this is the worst hit since the Bertuzzi incident. Hilarious! This is no way even on the same scale as that in any way shape or form. Not for nothing but isn't this the same Toronto media that actually claimed Niedermayer was "faking" his injury after the Domi hit?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After careful consideration I have to confirm that I agree with LOULAM1 on this issue.

If Kaberle just braced for the hit instead of trying to duck out of the way he would have been fine. Mddevsfan has it right.

When Coburn threw Parise into the boards a few weeks ago noone complained. This was not any worse.

Why is no one mentioning the fact that what hurt Kaberle was the way he went awkwardly into the boards? He was admiring the pass and didn't see Cam until the last second, at which point he tried to duck out of the way. As a result, the hit spun him around and sent him awkwardly into the boards.

At worst, the hit was borderline late - 1.3 seconds as someone posted earlier. Five years ago, that's called "finishing your checks".

This kind of hit happens a couple times every game, the only difference was that this time the recipient was a little off balance and had a bit of bad luck in the way he went down.

Why is no one mentioning the fact that what hurt Kaberle was the way he went awkwardly into the boards? He was admiring the pass and didn't see Cam until the last second, at which point he tried to duck out of the way. As a result, the hit spun him around and sent him awkwardly into the boards.

At worst, the hit was borderline late - 1.3 seconds as someone posted earlier. Five years ago, that's called "finishing your checks".

This kind of hit happens a couple times every game, the only difference was that this time the recipient was a little off balance and had a bit of bad luck in the way he went down.

The Toronto media is out for blood. Apparently this is the worst hit since the Bertuzzi incident. Hilarious! This is no way even on the same scale as that in any way shape or form. Not for nothing but isn't this the same Toronto media that actually claimed Niedermayer was "faking" his injury after the Domi hit?

Nobody mentions it because it was irrelevant. It was a late hit any way you slice it, no matter what caused the damage. And that was not 1.3 seconds after Kaberle let the puck go, if it was that was the longest 1.3 seconds in history.

But I don't wanna hear from Toronto either, they had absolute thugs on their team. Janssen's just a mullethead.

Nobody mentions it because it was irrelevant. It was a late hit any way you slice it, no matter what caused the damage. And that was not 1.3 seconds after Kaberle let the puck go, if it was that was the longest 1.3 seconds in history.

But I don't wanna hear from Toronto either, they had absolute thugs on their team. Janssen's just a mullethead.

Hit was a little late, Cam should get at most 1 game and that's because the league is completely results-based on these issues and has been for years.

This hit did not 'inspire' the Leafs - they played garbage hockey for the rest of the second and luckboxed two goals in the third. BFD. Lucky game - just like when we played them in October.

Just saw the replay over and over again. Its unfortunate what happened because it was supposed to be a clean hit. But it was totally legal and definitely augmented by his head hitting the boards. Hope Kaberle gets on the ice soon enough...

But I wonder how the Toronto circus media's gonna play this out. How much can they actually say when you look at the things Domi, Tucker, Corson have done in the recent past. I think the Paul Maurice and Leafs should just focus on trying to get to the playoffs rather than "payback." Brooding and anger can only take you so far...

No need to blame their disappointing season on Cam Janssen (the 4-minute-a-game player). Like the man said, "I was just trying to take the body and do my job." Plus, aren't the Devils known to be one of the classiest organizations in the NHL...and that's for more than 10 years. Worse comes to worse, Janssen will have to sit out a couple of games- well he can then sit out and think about it a bit.

Watching the game here in Guelph on Rogers Sportsnet, Cam has been called "Cementhead" and "Goofball" by former Leafs' employees Bill Watters and Gord Stellick. Joe Bowen and Harry Neale, announcing the game, really need to find something else to talk about. Cam DID NOT leave his feet, Kaberle was so busy admiring his pass he did not see Cam coming. Cam Janssen has NEVER intentionally hurt an opponent and never will. When Darcy Tucker and Cam fought in Toronto in December 2005 and Tucker hit Cam on the head with his helmet, not a word was spoken by any Leafs' fans or announcers. To me that is worse than what happened tonight. I certainly hope Kaberle is okay, I'm sure he'll be fine but again, Cam did not intend to hurt him.

Before Leafs' fans freak out, I was a lifelong Leafs' fan but that all changed when Tucker used Cam's helmet in the fight. Having had the opportunity to watch Cam play junior for a few months in Guelph and knowing the type of person that he is off the ice converted me into a Devils' fan. Tucker can stand in the hallway and yell all he wants, Cam is not afraid of him or Belak or anyone else on that team and if Paul Maurice wants to make veiled threats about retribution, he can go right ahead too because the Devils will have the last laugh when they are playing hockey while the Leafs are out golfing. By the way, another channel here, The Score, timed the hit and it was 1.33 seconds after Kaberle passed the puck. And don't even bother mentioning Bertuzzi and Cam in the same breath because Cam does not and never will attack helpless opponents from behind, he has the balls to face them and follows the code of the NHL fighters.

I have nothing against Canada but the media up there is so hypocritical it's not even funny. They love Pat Quinn, Shane Corson, Tie Domi, and Marcy Tucker and have continuously made excuses for their thuggery. But Janssen is a "cementhead" for a late hit on Kaberle?

The media keeps the myth alive that the Devils are boring because they play a trap. But did they say the same about the Habs in the 70's when they played the exact system?

Canadian media is a disgrace. I don't care what sportsnet says about Janssen and the Devils, tonight they got a taste of their own medicine. It sucks doesn't it?

Janssen should get NO suspension and NO fine.

Edited by officerfarva

darkain71 (1 hour ago)

Dirty. Devils fans I've been talking to say it was no elbow. How can you be that blind?

K First.. Mister Kain71 you should calm down.

Didn't Domi hited Niedermayer?Didn't the Maple Leafs were the reason why i used to hate so much the hockey? Because of their Dirty plays?Well, Lot of people in Nhl, Fans,Coach,Players,Media,Ect. Are actually saying that the Devils are boring because of their System. How well, I used to say: Oh No.. Not again the Dirty Leaf playing tonigth. Here they go with their: Belak,Reichel,Green,Corson,Domi,Tucker,Roberts, AND MUCH MORE Dirty plays.

But in the New Nhl, Leaf's style Hockey doesn't fit. Hell no. Well, Last year they were like: Lets continue to play our style. They missed the Playoffs, And they fired up Death Coaching Quinn.

And.. If your message is, DAMN IM FRUSTRATED OF THIS HIT. I will go to google.ca, Type: Devils forums. I'll find one, Then start to bash untill 2o'clock am, That the Hit of Janssen was Elbow and Dirty.

Well, you're not a Hockey Fan. Your one of these Homer's , who defend his team To Death".I suppose your 15years old? Didn't Hockey is supose to be, a Game of Passing with a Puck, little hit, Penaltys...?

Well that hit was Late, But, Not elbow. If i was you, 3-4years ago, I would go to each forum of the leafs, and bash bash bash, That leafs are the dirtiest team ever.

K and a other Thing. Imagine the player was... Belak. How would you reacts? Ha , Its onlt Belak. But, Its KABERLE. ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSEMENT IN THE LEAGUE. So, you have to talk talk talk about it.

WELCOME TO HELL. WHERE NJ DEVILS FANS DON'T GIVE A fvck WHAT ABOUT A 13YEAR OLD HOMER IS COMPLAINNING ABOUT A DIRTY HIT.

Roberts isn't dirty, neither in green, or Belak. Domi has had his moments, and Corson was an A-hole. But I don't think that it in any way justifies the hit. Janssen will go back the the AHL where he belongs.

Anyone see the replay? Tucker actually came out of the press box, and outside the dressing room door to have some choice words with Cam. He's a Warrior, I can't wait to have him back in the lineup.

Janssen isn't going back to the AHL, his hits strike fear into the opposition. Just ask Kaberle.

Tucker coming out of the press box is joke. The guy is a gutless coward, always has been always will be. He takes out knees, runs goalies, and uses a helmet when he fights he's not exactly William Wallace.

Another thing, tell Tucker to eat something. Did you see his body without the equipment on, Chris Rock laughs at his muscle tone.

This is so stupid, I'm ashamed I'm even commenting on it.

There is no intent to injure. Nowhere near Domi's flagrant elbow on Nieds. Not even close to Nied's chop on Worrell. It's a clean check, probably a little late on Kaberle admiring his pass.

If the NHL feels good suspending him for a couple of games, whatever. Fine.

For anyone to compare it to Bertuzzi or Domi is assinine.

Why are we even talking about this?

I think it would be interesting if this were reversed and one of the Devils were injured. I'm sure the river of excuses would be flowing from up north. If they were disgusting enough to defend Domi, something like this, which was a clean hit, albeit a tad late would be absolutely nothing to them. Too bad it happened to a guy who plays for "the center of the hockey universe". Hopefully he'll be back in time for the playo--oh wait, nevermind.