NHL SEASON OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

PeteyNice

Just so everyone knows at noon (EST) TSN.ca will be holding a live cybercast with analysts discussing the future of the NHL. If there were to be any last minute shuffling they would probably comment there first.

Then it is on to the press conference, and the worst that could happen to the NHL.

chris

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the sabres and such won't go up to the limit but there will be considerable pressure to go above what they are now because of the agents pressure due to "cap room".

Yes the owner can say no. But they haven't been able to in the past.

Also, there will be even more FA's out there b/c clubs like Philly & Toronto will need to cut players to get under the cap. maybe they'll renegotiate salaries but I bet a player would rather be cut and renegotiate than renegotiate a contract that is already cut by 24%.

Anyone watching the cybercast?

Glenn Healy just said his sources say $45 million will get it done....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I turned it on, but all it's been for me so far has been advertisements :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn every time they start talking again, I get a call someone with a network problem!! Dont these people understand Im busy??? :lol:

Nobody PK, it's all about who's got the biggest dvck right now.  Neither side wants to be seen as the one who budged last.  So we might wind up with a canceled season because of ego (not that it would ever have been about anything else).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:doh1: dammit! Now you've got me thinking about Scott Stevens again... :(

Is Bettman's PC going to be televised in the US? I know tsn.ca will cast it but anything more live? ESPNNEWS maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they're actually supposed to show or at least you can hear both press conferences on WFAN believe it or not (presuming no more Giambi press conferences :P), so try YES if you got it and I know you do :lol:

oh yea, 45 million. Lets go!

did Healy say that was Bettmans proposal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No clue, he did not mention who...but to me thats not important...just get this thing done already

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone has been saying since last night that 'sources indicate' both sides could live with $45-46 million, the clock's about 40 minutes and counting so we'll find out if those reports are true or not...

I also love this Countdown to Cancellation with the countdown of the time...I feel like this is New Year's and Dick Clark will show up to drop the ball!!!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or as RD reminded me last night, this is like the trade deadline...especially given the 1 PM deadline doesn't neccesarily have to stick (i.e. it CAN get pushed back at the last minute I suppose).

:whistling: are we done yet... really that's all I feel like. I dont care I just want a flipping announcement already :rolleyes: Not sure why... not sure how it'll even effect my life in reality...

:noclue:

anyhow one o'clock canNOT come fast enough for me... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darwindog

:whistling:  are we done yet...  really that's all I feel like.  I dont care I just want a flipping announcement already  :rolleyes:  Not sure why... not sure how it'll even effect my life in reality...

:noclue:

anyhow one o'clock canNOT come fast enough for me... :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know what they say, a watched clock never ticks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.