GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 3 Philadelphia @ NJ - 5/3/12

NJCroMag

Obviously, anything can happen in OT...it's fitting that each team has won an OT game. But it's incredibly encouraging that, after those two brutal periods in Game 1 where the two-steps-slower Devils appeared to be back, that the Devils have, for the most part, either been playing better than or equal to the Flyers. I didn't think they had it in them to do that, and I especially didn't think they had it in them to do it two games in a row. Of course, the biggest key is that they found a way to win last night...I still would've been impressed with how they played last night, but being up 2-1 sounds SO much better than being down 2-1. No "they played well, but" today.

you need to squash that, look at Sykora's "fast break" again from game 1, tic tac passing...sykora pumps, fakes, wrister...take it back.

i know people think we didnt play well in game 1 period 2 and 3 but that was coming off a 7 game series OT...Philly will get their legs going again just as it took the devils a few games to come back in round 1.

my beard needs another round of growth.

http://video.devils.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,3,221&event=PHI582〈=en

Edited by lazer

A helmet right? He also had this red mark on the side of his head.

Not sure it was a helmet but my wife yelled to me in the other room, "hey...that glow worm guy just beaned in the head!! Lol"

I ran in to see but missed it! Haha

you need to squash that, look at Sykora's "fast break" again from game 1, tic tac passing...sykora pumps, fakes, wrister...take it back.

i know people think we didnt play well in game 1 period 2 and 3 but that was coming off a 7 game series OT...Philly will get their legs going again just as it took the devils a few games to come back in round 1.

my beard needs another round of growth.

http://video.devils.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,3,221&event=PHI582〈=en

The Devils were pretty thoroughly dominated in those periods, and in OT to boot. Look at the shots and scoring chances in that time.

But like I've said, they've been solid since. Game 4 is big...Devils win that one, and I think the Flyers start wondering what the hell is going on.

And I owe you a brew my friend! Tried to get you one but I just missed the damned cutoff.

To anybody who hasn't met Colin yet...one of the nicest and most down-to-earth people you'll meet.

And yeah, about the bathrooms...since I was wearing my year 2000 Daneyko jersey, some Flyer fan started calling me an alcoholic while I was waiting to take a whizz...every Devils fan near me who heard that guy basically abused him and the Flyers for the next 10 minutes. I didn't say anything to him myself, just shook my head at him, but the Devils fans were getting zinger after zinger in...really shut him up and made him look like an ass.

Wait, you were at the game and he didn't introduce us???

To anybody who hasn't met Colin yet...one of the most absent-minded people you'll meet.

haha, j/k :giggle:

Post game replay is on MSG+ right now.

The Devils were pretty thoroughly dominated in those periods, and in OT to boot. Look at the shots and scoring chances in that time.

But like I've said, they've been solid since. Game 4 is big...Devils win that one, and I think the Flyers start wondering what the hell is going on.

they're wondering right now! laviolette needs to find an answer to our forecheck/O-zone trap and Bryz has got to have them worried. thats a bad combination for them

hiding clarkson with zach and patty appears to be working other than his blown coverage same with zub and henrique covering for sykora love the lines now

greene and zids are getting it done against their forcheck

deboer has us playing good sound hockey keep it going

And really the crowd last night almost deserves its own thread.. All through the game it was a hostile environment for their fans.. The bathrooms were insane!! It really felt like after all the years of getting tossed around by their fans, we just gave it all back in one night

A great many cryers were crying lastnight after getting heckled like crazy... Freaking loud as hell in the arena with all the cheering! Wow! I might get to know tinitus really well this playoffs...

Wait, you were at the game and he didn't introduce us???

To anybody who hasn't met Colin yet...one of the most absent-minded people you'll meet.

haha, j/k :giggle:

Post game replay is on MSG+ right now.

Yeah he's sat by us before, I just always forget to introduce you guys

I saw you set the DVR to record the post game.. Awesome thanks