The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I'm wondering when meigray is going to lower Elias' price. They've got tons of his jerseys in stock.

They have a more sweaters of his than the Devils shop at the Rock.

I'm wondering when meigray is going to lower Elias' price. They've got tons of his jerseys in stock.

They have a more sweaters of his than the Devils shop at the Rock.

• Like 1

I was just searching through meigrays site, and came along Raffi Torres. It seems as though he has asked for his meigray tag to be sewn onto the fighting strap. Anybody know why?

Here is the link, pretty cool.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/Ex...2&scId=4532

At last year's expo they explained why. I cannot remember the entire reason, but it kept ripping, or tearing off. unknown poster should be able to comment. Jordan might know too as he was there too. The Rangers hemmed up the Rangers sweater per Sean Avery's suggestion though; we did learn that.

I'm curious to know what they will have DIFFERENT in the tent sale outside. What else do they have hidden away?

• Like 1

I've never been to the expo. I might go this year though. Sounds like a good time, I think it will be a hike for me, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I live two hours + away from it, but worth every penny. You'll meet: me, unknown poster, JWomp, and we'll all meet KC Devil for the first time (or will it be the equipment sale). Maybe you've met everyone, but me, but if not... well. You need to come.

• Like 1

There's a white 03-04 Rupp jersey on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-RUPP-NEW-JERSEY-D...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Seller states it's game worn, but according to the MeiGray Population Report, it's only game issued (set 3).

I thought the jersey looked pretty clean...I was surprised that someone bid on it.

I live two hours + away from it, but worth every penny. You'll meet: me, unknown poster, JWomp, and we'll all meet KC Devil for the first time (or will it be the equipment sale). Maybe you've met everyone, but me, but if not... well. You need to come.

I haven't met any other collectors, as a matter of fact I have not met anyone else that understands the hobby in general.

Matt-

Good finally meeting you on saturday! Did you and your wife have a good time at the NOVA Game Worn expo? I had a blast.

Later,

Derek

Thanks for all the pics!

Derek,

Your welcome for the pictures. Thanks for the ones you gave me. NOVA was a great time as well. You need to bring your future wife along next time. My wife says she enjoyed herself, but she would love female company. Only had the other Derek's wife to chat with.

I'd like to take in a practice please! Let me know how and when. Send me a message and I have some more pictures for you already. Probably some matches for the sweaters you already have. Let me know. Let me know also when you want to switch over to a "winning" team like the Devils! :giggle:

• Like 1

Does anybody know Frank Perone or Ben Ruefner? I see they have great collections, but kind of don't keep up to date with updating and stuff like that.

Whats there deals :noclue: ?

I know of Ben Rufener and his collection ( www.gameusedhockey.com ) but I'm not familiar with Frank Perone. Is there anywhere I can see his collection online?

Ben and I have had trade discussions in the past, but they always fall through, partly because he asks for A LOT in return, and partly because his return emails are very sporadic and unreliable.

I know of Ben Rufener and his collection ( www.gameusedhockey.com ) but I'm not familiar with Frank Perone. Is there anywhere I can see his collection online?

Ben and I have had trade discussions in the past, but they always fall through, partly because he asks for A LOT in return, and partly because his return emails are very sporadic and unreliable.

Here is his stuff. http://community.webshots.com/user/frankper16

I sold him my Greene opening night jersey last year, but has yet to put it up.

Nice collection...especially the Brodeur. Makes you wonder what else he has that isn't on there.

I would trade every jersey I had for a Brodeur lol....maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have one.

His Holik pro player is awesome, along with the Brodeur jersey. I think he might work for the Devils as part of the event management team. I traded a couple of emails with him when he wanted to buy the Greene, and he said that he had tons more jerseys to put up on the site.

I've dealt with Frank via ebay I believe, but I had no idea who he was at the time.

I've had similar experiences with Ben Rufenor where he wants A LOT for what he has. He offered me an even up trade on a my 92-93 Richer for a 07-08 Jack Skille Ice Hogs with autograph. I've had two-to-three trades that fell through because he stopped replying to my emails. I know that Jordan and I are NOT the only ones who have experienced this with him, but I'll let them speak if they want to. Ben is a seems to be a nice guy to talk to as we spoke at the expo this past year, but I don't think he has done much in the way of trading or selling. I remember at the expo I really wanted the Chorske gloves/skates he had, but he said he was going to make a package deal for all of his items to someone. I asked (thinking taking the Chorske gloves out wouldn't matter to anyone reallY) about just getting the Chorske and he explained "It was a package deal". I just wish he would follow through with a trade and more so communication. Again, I chatted with the guy and he seemed nice from my one meeting with him, but trading is next to impossible.

Getting back to Frank. From what I have heard, he is a legend in terms of having had, or currently owning a TON of sweaters. I suspect items we all would want either sit wit him or have come through him at some point. I always read my LOA and see who owned the sweater before me (if applicable). His name appears on three or four of my LOA... Only one person trumps him: Some guy named Mike Martin.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Speaking of trades, it seems I'm becoming a trading machine as of late.

When I first started collecting, I could have never imagined trading or selling any of my jerseys. I figured once I got something, it would stay in my collection forever. The first time I traded/sold even just a stick was hard for me, and to date I've only ever moved two. Just last week, I traded away a jersey for the first time ever, my 01-02 Brylin. I had picked up a 96-97 Brylin Rats jersey, so I decided to send off my NJD Brylin for a Madden (in sticking with my goal of having as many different Devils players as possible, rather than multiples of a particular player)...by the way, thanks Mike, the Madden is great!

Anyway, the point of this rambling post is, I have the chance to make a pretty significant swap and I'm torn on what to do.

I have someone interested in my Sykora jersey and another person wants to buy the Brylin River Rats I just got. If I sell those two, I would be able to acquire Brian Gionta's '03 white Cup Finals jersey if I chip in a few dollars out of pocket.

I don't know what to do!! If you guys were in my position, what would you do?

Gionta is one of my all-time favorites, but getting rid of my Sykora and such a unique jersey in the Brylin Rats would be hard to do.

Help me!

First,

The Ice Hogs are a minor league affiliate to the Chicago Blackhawks. Second, Skille is draft pick of the Hawks and has played maybe 30 NHL games over two or three seasons. He is grinder/power forward whom my wife and I like. However, I don't think an unproven player like Skille should equal a 750+ point former forward with two fifty goal season. Call me crazy!

:whistling:

As far as you Jordan... I really like the River Rats Brylin. THAT IS UNIQUE. Lots of people can say they own a Brylin Devils, but I don't know anyone who owns Brylin Rats. The red set SCF sweaters (like Giontas) were worn for TWO (that's right 2) games max due to the fact that in the finals the players wear the MeiGray sweater we can buy until one team hits three wins. At that point, both teams get a new sweater that the players get to keep. Sure the patch is cool and yes I own one, but... 2 games... Langenbrunner had one assist during those two games. Gionta had zero points.

So, it is you Jordan who has to figure out which way your collection is heading:

What is your focus? This is the first question you need to ask. I've been asking myself this question for a while and it is always evolving. I've been on the fence on what to focus mine on. I like a ton of players who are US born, but not all are (Daneyko, Richer, Grant Marshall, and Kirk Muller are not). I like two non-Devils (Scott Young and Adam Deadmarsh), but both have played for team USA and they both won a gold medal in 1996. So what do I do. But more importantly what do you do?

Do you want a finals sweater (white set has better wear and was worn longer... go figure)?

Ask yourself where you want your collection to head and that will lead you to your answer of what to do.

I would get rid of the Brylin rats if it meant obtaining a Gionta finals jersey. In terms of monetary value in the future you will definitely get more out of the Gionta, as opposed to Brylin who could quite possibly never play in the NHL again. Perhaps when you get tired of the Gionta, you can move it for a Parise, or Elias or someone like that.

But I guess its up to you.

Thanks for the advice Matt. The Gionta is actually the white set worn throughout the entire playoff run and in games 1, 2, and 5 of the Cup Finals.

Jordan,

A Finals jersey is rare.....who knows...we may not get back there again (sh!t, did I just say that?). I know for sure that you have been wanting that Gio.....go get it. A Sykora will pop again somewhere....Brylin Rats will probably be gone for good. Is it worth it?

Or, will the Gio be around long enough for you to raise all of the funds (without losing your collection)? Tough call, but I would get the Finals jersey, personally.

Let me know what you do. And that Brylin you sent me........INCREDIBLE WEAR!!!! I love it (but can be bought!!!!!)!

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.