2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

I've been saying this all week. Give Whitney a shot. He's been  a AHLer for 3/4 years, he's earned a shot. We need something offensively, so what the hell. It doesn't cost a thing and we have a roster spot already open and potentiall a second with Gionta maybe going on IR.

Totally agree with this. I'd give Whitney a shot, while scratching Brunner for a bit. Whitney has Brunner's speed, but with the will and desire to get in the dirty areas. Obviously he doesn't have a comparable shot, but we really need people who will crash the net and get some chip ins with all the point shots our system generates.

I agree with that. We aren't getting maybe as many garbage goals as we've gotten in the past with Zach and Clarkson cleaning up nicely. Clowe was supposed to help with that, but oops.

I think we need to look towards more off season free agency to help us out. Stastny would be a huge help as the number 2 Center slot.

not bad bring him on up he cant possibly be as useless as brunner is

Boucher would almost certainly be worse than Brunner, I'd guessing.  I admittedly haven't watched a single AHL game this year, but I'd imagine Boucher is worse than Brunner defensively.  Not to mention he's still a 'boy' among men, so to speak.  I bet he'd get dominated in the big leagues at this point.  A full year in the AHL would definitely be the best thing for him.

I've been saying this all week. Give Whitney a shot. He's been  a AHLer for 3/4 years, he's earned a shot. We need something offensively, so what the hell. It doesn't cost a thing and we have a roster spot already open and potentiall a second with Gionta maybe going on IR.

Absolutely agree, why not?  Especially with Gio going down.

I think we need to look towards more off season free agency to help us out. Stastny would be a huge help as the number 2 Center slot.

I'll bet he gets stupid money though, as is now almost always the case.  I think he'd be great here, but not at the 6-6.5m AAV he's going to get.

I'm willing to try anything.  lol

I don't know much about him though.  Is he a true point producer, or is he simply having a good year?

Do shot levels change as competition levels change or do they have significant differences? Boucher and Whitney seem to be able to get in the spots they need to get open. That remains to be seen right now with Brunner. When was his last "big" scoring chance even?

brunner hasnt produced a point in atleast 12 games maybe more now

I hope Whitney gets a shot since he's been playing well in Albany and I'd rather see Boucher stay down there for the time being. Whitney did enough to earn himself the NHL contract in the offseason so why not give him a shot? Sure he's 5'6, 170 but he's a 0.73 point-per-game player in Albany. Would not mind seeing Brunner scratched and I still don't think much of Tedenby. I love Janssen but he shouldn't be playing every single game, why not let Whitney have a shot.

Do shot levels change as competition levels change or do they have significant differences? Boucher and Whitney seem to be able to get in the spots they need to get open. That remains to be seen right now with Brunner. When was his last "big" scoring chance even?

Against San Jose he had a 2 on 1 and passed the puck, but he was in a good scoring position.

The thing about Brunner is that he's still the team's leader in shots on goal.  I don't think there's a ton of quality shots in there, but the guy is able to get the puck and put it on net, something that a lot of the guys on the team aren't able to do.  Playing with someone who isn't Bernier or Ryder would help him, I think.

I wouldn't mind Whitney as an injury call up and I think Janssen's time has come and gone, but I think he should be playing with offensively-minded players.  I'm not sure what he will accomplish playing on the 4th line.

Against San Jose he had a 2 on 1 and passed the puck, but he was in a good scoring position.

The thing about Brunner is that he's still the team's leader in shots on goal. I don't think there's a ton of quality shots in there, but the guy is able to get the puck and put it on net, something that a lot of the guys on the team aren't able to do. Playing with someone who isn't Bernier or Ryder would help him, I think.

I wouldn't mind Whitney as an injury call up and I think Janssen's time has come and gone, but I think he should be playing with offensively-minded players. I'm not sure what he will accomplish playing on the 4th line.

Brunner has played with everyone but jagr. Who else do you want to line him up with? He was given zajac. He's been given Elias. He's gotten henrique. He's had loktionov.

It's him

Brunner has played with everyone but jagr. Who else do you want to line him up with? He was given zajac. He's been given Elias. He's gotten henrique. He's had loktionov.

It's him

I want Clowe and Elias to play with him.  Or Elias and Henrique.  I'm aware that he has been terrible, but the Devils need him to be better.

I don't like to propose trades but erat here in Washington supposedly wants out... He's a consistent 20 goal scorer but I admit I haven't watched many caps games this season and didn't see him at all in Nashville... Is he a type of guy that would be a better fit than Brunner?

I just think we need more puck possession guys who can also put it in the net... Not sure if that's what erat is but I know that's what Brunner isn't.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 52sJanssen in tonight on line with Josefson and TedenbyTom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 54sJanssen is in. Brunner is out.That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.

janssen on a line with jj and teddy...oh my god lol

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 52s

Janssen in tonight on line with Josefson and Tedenby

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 54s

Janssen is in. Brunner is out.

That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.

josefson had a strong game on Monday so I hope Pete rewards him by shuffling him and carter/loktionov later in the game. Plus he'll get pk time too...

Tedenby and Janssen probably won't see the ice at all after mid second period (depending on the score)

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 52s

Janssen in tonight on line with Josefson and Tedenby

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 54s

Janssen is in. Brunner is out.

That's gonna be some fourth line. What's the over/under in minutes? 4.5 is my guess.

Once again, I'm not a Deboer hater, but this crap makes no sense. And it isn't totally on him either since Lou has Janssen up. You want to send Brunner a message or have him watch another game in the press box, fine. But you can't have Janssen in for him when your team struggles to score. 

That 4th line makes is a trainwreck. Impossible for the Swedes to make any mark with Cam.

Enough with Janssen! Once again, if you only feel comfortable playing someone 4-5 min a game and no shifts in the 3rd, he should not be playing in this league.