GDT: Washington Crapitals @ New Jersey Devils

TheMazz

New-Jersey-Devils-Logo.png-2.pngVS CapitalsLogo.png

Time: 7:00PM EST

TV: MSG

We all know what happened the last time we had a shortened season but If the New Jersey Devils win tonight it will be the first time they have reached 3-0-0 since the 2003 season. We all know what took place that year as well.

Let's get a win and prove that history is on our side. Let's prove that once again our Russian superstar is head and shoulders above theirs.

Oh and I suppose we can do it for our monster Cap killer known as ZUBRUSAURUS

dre0eh.gif

LGD!

Projected lines for tonight's matchup:

Your New Jersey Devils:

Tedenby-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

CBGB

Barch-Josefson-Matteau

Salvador - Zidlicky

Greene - Fayne

Tallinder - Volchenkov

Marty

Moose

Washington:

Wolski - Backstrom - Ovechkin

Hendericks - Ribiero - Brouwer

Chimera - Beagle - Ward

Johansson - Perreault - Crabb

Alzner - Carlson

Poti - Green

Hamrlik - Kundratek

Holtby

Neuvirth

Edited by TheMazz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they'll just be lazy/Oatesie will have lost them.

Take this for example:

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera

As others have mentioned, Ovechkin was back on LW in third. Oates said "I still think he should be a right wing" but wants him to be "happy"

Never let the "inmates run the asylum".

Or they'll just be lazy/Oatesie will have lost them.

Take this for example:

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera

As others have mentioned, Ovechkin was back on LW in third. Oates said "I still think he should be a right wing" but wants him to be "happy"

Never let the "inmates run the asylum".

Wow. That would absolutely terrify me if I was a Caps fan. That's bad. You can't coach like that. Oates sounds like he's in over his head.

Wow. That would absolutely terrify me if I was a Caps fan. That's bad. You can't coach like that. Oates sounds like he's in over his head.

There is also this:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski

Brouwer: We're doing things pee wee players do. #Caps

Brouwer: Embarrassing not strong enough word; prefers pathetic for Caps effortI al

There is also this:

Brouwer: We're doing things pee wee players do. #Caps

Brouwer: Embarrassing not strong enough word; prefers pathetic for Caps effortI al

It sounds like it may be on the verge of ugliness down there. If it keeps going like that, we may have to refer to him as MacOates from now on. :P

I feel for Caps fans if those quotes are accurate, based on what we went through with Maclean.

Hopefully the Caps GM won't drag his feet like Lou did and change the coach up soon, assuming Oates is the problem.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Tonight it's Ovi vs Kovy. Most summers they spend time in Mother Russia training for the upcoming season. This summer they played for their respective teams, in the KHL while waiting for the lockout to end and an NHL season to start.

KHL STATS

kovyovi.jpg

The Who:

New-Jersey-Devils-Logo.png-2.pngVS wsh.gif

The What:

51D5GE66AAL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

The When:

78993564.jpg

The Where:

prudentialcenter_0.jpg

For your viewing pleasure:

Msg_hd18.png

Potential Lines:

I hear only the forwards are important...

carterh.jpg

ovi.jpg

Side note...

Flyers 1-3

Rangers1-3

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA

We all feel that.

I feel for Caps fans if those quotes are accurate, based on what we went through with Maclean.

Hopefully the Caps GM won't drag his feet like Lou did and change the coach up soon, assuming Oates is the problem.

I really want to give Oatesy the benefit of the doubt since he really hasn't had the time to teach a system.3 games in, no training camp...

Big game tonight. If Zubrus is moving down to second line, wouldn't Clarkson get the go ahead for line one rather than Tedenby?

I agree with above about Oatesy too. Should be given a chance with a decent training camp in the summer and then take it from there.

Up The Devils!

A: This is embarrassing.

B: How the fvck did you think of same GDT title.

C: I started this at 5pm on the 24th.

D: Who the hell makes a GDT on a winning streak.

E: Meh don't really care just merge my stuff into his.

F: I fell asleep, wanted to post at midnight but couldn't

G: Meh, really don't care just merge mine into his.

H: You are completely to blame for the upcoming loss. Yup I said it.

Edited by Coorslight

A: This is embarrassing.

B: How the fvck did you think of same GDT title.

C: I started this at 5pm on the 24th.

D: Who the hell makes a GDT on a winning streak.

E: Meh don't really care just merge my stuff into his.

F: I fell asleep, wanted to post at midnight but couldn't

G: Meh, really don't care just merge mine into his.

H: You are completely to blame for the upcoming loss. Yup I said it.

Really?

I have no problem deleting mine in favor of yours since yours was obviously more well thought out and done then mine anyway. There is no reason however to be a complete ass and say I'm to blame for any "potential loss" which won't happen. I saw that no one did a GDT at 12...was I supposed to know that you started one early? If I knew this and it was such a big deal to you then I wouldn't have made mine.

Also "Crapitals" isn't exactly the most original titles anyway. It was pretty easy to think of... Haha.

Big game tonight. If Zubrus is moving down to second line, wouldn't Clarkson get the go ahead for line one rather than Tedenby?

I agree with above about Oatesy too. Should be given a chance with a decent training camp in the summer and then take it from there.

Up The Devils!

The great thing about Zubrus is he can play any of the forward positions. Tedenby goes up instead of Clarkson since Tedenby is naturally a LW and Clarkson a RW, plus they want to avoid having Tedenby attempt to play defense against Backstrom and Ovechkin as much as possible in my opinion.

The great thing about Zubrus is he can play any of the forward positions. Tedenby goes up instead of Clarkson since Tedenby is naturally a LW and Clarkson a RW, plus they want to avoid having Tedenby attempt to play defense against Backstrom and Ovechkin as much as possible in my opinion.

Having Teddy on the 1st line is mind boggling. He shouldn't even be a second line player in my opinion. This is why a trade really needs to be made sooner rather then later.

Really?

I have no problem deleting mine in favor of yours since yours was obviously more well thought out and done then mine anyway. There is no reason however to be a complete ass and say I'm to blame for any "potential loss" which won't happen. I saw that no one did a GDT at 12...was I supposed to know that you started one early? If I knew this and it was such a big deal to you then I wouldn't have made mine.

Also "Crapitals" isn't exactly the most original titles anyway. It was pretty easy to think of... Haha.

Well Coorslight is off to a 2-0 start this year. :P It's all good man, some of the superstitious types may get worried now but I'm sure no one is pissed. I think Coorslight was just messing with you with no harm intended. B )

Well Coorslight is off to a 2-0 start this year. :P It's all good man, some of the superstitious types may get worried now but I'm sure no one is pissed. I think Coorslight was just messing with you with no harm intended. B )

Oh well in that case my apologies for over-reacting. Sarcasm/ball busting really doesn't translate well over the computer as it would in person. Haha.

Having Teddy on the 1st line is mind boggling. He shouldn't even be a second line player in my opinion. This is why a trade really needs to be made sooner rather then later.

Well I agree with that, I'm not a huge believer in Tedenby. At least Zajac and Kovalchuk should be able to pull him along against a struggling Washington team. PDB gets last change so I won't be shocked if Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson gets a bit more ice time than Tedenby-Zajac-Kovalchuk (assuming he stays with those lines). Really hope Lou makes a move for forward soon though.

Well I agree with that, I'm not a huge believer in Tedenby. At least Zajac and Kovalchuk should be able to pull him along against a struggling Washington team. PDB gets last change so I won't be shocked if Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson gets a bit more ice time than Tedenby-Zajac-Kovalchuk (assuming he stays with those lines). Really hope Lou makes a move for forward soon though.

Hemsky :whistling:

You dont have to be a superstars to be on the first line either, fvcking carcillo was playing with kane and toews on the first line before he got injured... CARCILLO

We all know what happened the last time we had a shortened season but If the New Jersey Devils win tonight it will be the first time they have reached 3-0-0 since the 2003 season. We all know what took place that year as well.

Great...so I can look forward to another urinary tract infection this year?

Edited by NJCroMag