2873 replies to this topic

#701 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, I get the feeling these a$$holes are leading him around by his nose. It happens to a lot of pro athletes, but I honestly thought Zach wouldn't be the type to allow that to happen. I'm starting to think I was wrong about that. Be your own fvcking man.

Well when one of the a$$holes is your dad, kinda hard to do that. Yeah I know JP isn't an agent, but he can't get Zach away from us fast enough.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#702 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Well when one of the a$$holes is your dad, kinda hard to do that. Yeah I know JP isn't an agent, but he can't get Zach away from us fast enough.

I know JP is his dad, but Zach is a 27 year old adult. Again- be your own man. Make your own decision. Don't let these morons influence you one way or the other. I hate people that depend on others to make important decisions for them. It's weak, and it shows a lack of character.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#703 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Bob McKenzie on TSN: #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello will make one last effort tonight to re-sign Pairse before free agency opens up tomorrow.

per twitter https://twitter.com/ToddCordell

followed by: The ‪#NJDevils‬ will obviously remain in the mix tomorrow once 12 rolls around if Parise is not signed.

Edited by Prucenterrules, 30 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#704 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

i just can't see a deal getting done tnight so close to free agency, even if Zach would like a deal his agent would tell him to wait to see other offers tomorrow and come back to NJ with that deal if anything.

100% sure its IMPOSSIBLE that he sign a deal tnight. If he does im never gonna say a bad thing about Lou of my whole life

www.SterioDesign.com

#705 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, not a chance he signs tonight. Even if he wants to, I'm sure his dirtbag agents will probably persuade him not to. Big commission on the line after all.

#706 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Tomorrow is gonna suckkkkk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#707 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hockey is really a tough business...

#708 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Let's not kid ourselves. Zach is gone. He's going to get offers that the Devils just cannot match. He'll have the chance to play with Suter in Pittsburgh or Detroit and get megabucks to do it. His reasons for staying in NJ have been the same since he reportedly rejected the 7/50 offer. The ONLY reason to go to 7/1 is either because NJ has not made an offer or he wants more money. Well, come tomorrow, he'll have it. He could have signed anytime up until now to be a NJD. He hasn't. And if the strategy is to see how much he can get on the open market to lift the Devils offer, well, he has to know that they can't match it based on their finances. So, this is about money first and foremost.

I love Zach Parise and want him on this team, but I just can not see him re-signing come tomorrow. I still have doubts about Pittsburgh as that will be Sid's team, but I think Detroit may just be the landing place for him...AND Suter. No captain and a call from Rafalski telling him how "great" it was to become a Red Wing after leaving NJ (even though he was a local boy). My money is on Detroit.

God I hated writing that. :evilcry:
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#709 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Holy ****. I missed the Brodeur news and now the statement that ZP isnt gonna sign before tomorrow, if at all. Being in Cyprus has its perks, but I am gonna be tense until tomorrow. Having limited internet access is not helping lol

#710 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

I know JP is his dad, but Zach is a 27 year old adult. Again- be your own man. Make your own decision. Don't let these morons influence you one way or the other. I hate people that depend on others to make important decisions for them. It's weak, and it shows a lack of character.

Come on now. How do you know that Parise isn't interested in hearing everything. Even if he is sure he wants to stay in NJ, why not wait. The bottom line is he'll be offered the moon tomorrow at noon. You only get one chance at this. Take advantage of it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#711 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Come on now. How do you know that Parise isn't interested in hearing everything. Even if he is sure he wants to stay in NJ, why not wait. The bottom line is he'll be offered the moon tomorrow at noon. You only get one chance at this. Take advantage of it.

Exactly. I think anyone in his situation would do the same.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#712 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ah ok, that makes more sense. Yea, I don't know about the Pens, I mean they'd be tying up about $25 million in cap space and who knows what in actual $ every year for the foreseeable future for 3 forwards. Not the best plan long term. I'd be shocked if Zach went to Minnesota. Obviously if he does its mostly about money. Yes its close to home but the Wild have very little prospect of being any good for a while and they'll likely throw the most ridiculous contract at him tomorrow.

Fletcher is going to be spending money this offseason. Its also rumored that they're going to get Langenbrunner because he and Zach are buddies. I just don't think the Pens are realistic with 3 forwards having such crazy contracts. If he does go to the Pens, it wont be a 10 year long deal.

I think its between us and the Wild and have thought that since January.

#713 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I love armchair GM / everyone's an inside NHL expert season. Whatever's going to happen is going to happen, no sense sitting around trying to read into every bit of news and over analyze it.

#714 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

What gets me most is the mindset of the Penguin HFboard that they are getting him just because some dumbass beat writer said his "sources" claim the Penguins lead the pack and Parise desperately wants to wing Crosby.

fvck Pittsburgh. They have one playoff run and they trade Michalek and all of sudden their fanbase wants Martin traded and Shero to sign two of Parise, Suter, Doan, etc. Disgusting.

#715 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Where is this 7/50 offer coming from?

#716 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Where is this 7/50 offer coming from?

I think last summer when he was a RFA? :noclue:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#717 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

With all the tampering going on, I'm sure his camp has a very good idea of what kind of offers he can expect. I understand him wanting to test the market. I just hope the people in his ear don't influence him so much that he does something he'll regret. Also, like most here, I'm pretty on-edge right now, so that leads to some posts out of frustration.

#718 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

With all the tampering going on, I'm sure his camp has a very good idea of what kind of offers he can expect. I understand him wanting to test the market. I just hope the people in his ear don't influence him so much that he does something he'll regret. Also, like most here, I'm pretty on-edge right now, so that leads to some posts out of frustration.

That's free agency. How else do teams sign guys at 12:05. Zach has an idea what every team will probably offer him. He wants to win more than a huge contract, and a couple of teams will offer him both.

Don't worry. I fully expect you and many others to be ripping Parise to shreds tomorrow when he signs somewhere else haha. But in the end, if the number is ridiculous, it might be best for NJ.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#719 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

If Zach goes to Pittsburgh he'd be Chris Bosh to Crosby's LeBron and Malkin's Wade. If he says here he'll be beloved forever and a captain of an upper-echelon team with a chance to make his own mark on a champion. If he goes to Minnesota he'll be a god for about four months until he doesn't live up to being the highest-paid player in hockey and miserable with ninth-place finish after tenth-place finish.

We'll see what's important to him I guess.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#720 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

That's free agency. How else do teams sign guys at 12:05. Zach has an idea what every team will probably offer him. He wants to win more than a huge contract, and a couple of teams will offer him both.

Don't worry. I fully expect you and many others to be ripping Parise to shreds tomorrow when he signs somewhere else haha. But in the end, if the number is ridiculous, it might be best for NJ.

I'll be honest- if he takes the insane money from Minnesota, I'll be pissed, sure. But I won't fault him. And I won't boo him when he comes back to play against us either. But if he bolts to Pittsburgh for comparable money and years to play with that bitch Crosby- then yes. I'll rip him a new a$$hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users