‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

not a peep from parise or lou, so that's good news. at least they are busy talking.

TG said earlier today that he was waiting to hear from both Zach and Lou. Usually he posts what they say afterwards but i havnt seen anything. Could be a good thing if they couldnt get back to him, maybe it was a full day of contract negotiations

TG said earlier today that he was waiting to hear from both Zach and Lou. Usually he posts what they say afterwards but i havnt seen anything. Could be a good thing if they couldnt get back to him, maybe it was a full day of contract negotiations

But I think the Pittsburgh (or Minnesota) beat writer managed to get a hold of Zach yesterday.

But I think the Pittsburgh (or Minnesota) beat writer managed to get a hold of Zach yesterday.

Nope. Not one quote from Parise anywhere yesterday. As usual, it was just idle speculation/rooting for the Devils to fail from all corners of North America.

Like most of you, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get to tomorrow now. We always have to sweat this sh!t out til the last minute. The same sh!t will happen with Zajac next year too. And whoever else is a UFA the year after that. Quite frankly, its annoying as fvck, but its just the way it seems to go for us.

This is good news.....Sports Illustrated knows diddly about hockey and they're usually wrong with their predictions.

They're also way off on Brodeur in the hockey department. Yeah, it's huge news in that he's going UFA, but it's not huge news hockeywise. He's a slow starter at this stage of his career and needs to play every night to get into form. If he's not careful about where he plays and he doesn't get off to a good start, it could be an ugly stint wherever he plays.

My first thought when signing Brodeur would be "okay, he played deep into June and played alot of games down the stretch... when does he warm up?" It used to be November/December, now it's into the second calendar year of the season. I just don't understand where the money is coming from, the most money is gonna come from the Devils if/when they brick on Parise. When Marty is on he can still be really good but as a whole, he's basically a starting goalie in the NHL. The trend lately is that this isn't worth a whole lot of money.

They're also way off on Brodeur in the hockey department. Yeah, it's huge news in that he's going UFA, but it's not huge news hockeywise. He's a slow starter at this stage of his career and needs to play every night to get into form. If he's not careful about where he plays and he doesn't get off to a good start, it could be an ugly stint wherever he plays.

My first thought when signing Brodeur would be "okay, he played deep into June and played alot of games down the stretch... when does he warm up?" It used to be November/December, now it's into the second calendar year of the season. I just don't understand where the money is coming from, the most money is gonna come from the Devils if/when they brick on Parise. When Marty is on he can still be really good but as a whole, he's basically a starting goalie in the NHL. The trend lately is that this isn't worth a whole lot of money.

What most of this comes down to is that unless it's Gulitti or someone else generally reliable who has an actual source, no one in he press has any clue about how the Devils work, and has less to offer than anyone who's speculating on this message board.

What most of this comes down to is that unless it's Gulitti or someone else generally reliable who has an actual source, no one in he press has any clue about how the Devils work, and has less to offer than anyone who's speculating on this message board.

Agreed, I look back even TG had to make apologies for one of his reports on Kovy this is going to be the same crap, exciting for some sucks for die hard fans best thing to do is, it's all 99% bs until its official. But on that note TG is our most reliable source and the New York Post and Єklund (2.3% accurate) the least reliable I would not post or beleive any crap coming from those comic book sources!

LGD !!!!!

McKenzie:

Hearing NJD GM Lou Lamoriello to meet with Zach Parise today, one final time before Parise is scheduled to hit UFA market 12 noon tomorrow.

Parise expected to be in Toronto-area offices of his agents/advisors tomorrow to field offers/calls/visits etc.

Edited by ghdi

McKenzie:

Hearing NJD GM Lou Lamoriello to meet with Zach Parise today, one final time before Parise is scheduled to hit UFA market 12 noon tomorrow.

Parise expected to be in Toronto-area offices of his agents/advisors tomorrow to field offers/calls/visits etc.

Just got this... really don't like our odds if we don't get the deal done today...

tweets indicate that lou will meet with parise today and that assuming a deal isn't reached, he'll field offers with his agents in their toronto office. i'd expect him to make up his mind no latter than 7/2.

That's kind, I expect it to be over with by dinnertime tomorrow...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.