GDT: Capitals @ Devils 7:00 pm EST

Devil Fan

What a great game... I missed the first period, but what I was in the 2nd and the 3rd was absolutely amazing. This team ROCKS! I was afraid a bit when it comes to tying the road wins record, but after tonight I have so much confidence in these guys... I think they can pull it off and set a new one!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Win!!!! This team just continues to impress me. The Lowell line was very solid tonight and congrats to Halischuk for his 1st NHL goal and Sestito for his 1st NHL point. Marty was amazing after those 2 goals.

The thing that impresses me most about this team is that they can shut down the other team once they have the lead. Last year, with a two goal lead going into the third, the devils would find a way to be pinned in their own zone for long periods of time. Its amazing to see how Lemaire's neutral zone system is so effective. The caps had virtually no chances in the third.

Only saw the first and was expecting the worst...but looking at the highlights looks like the really came to life. Great to see Halischuk get his first NHL goal, with a great shot to boot. Great game. Very strong.

And my god, I'm currently watching Hockey Night Live on MSG...seriously I think Al Trautwig is the worst commentator I've ever heard. Calling the Bruins-Pens game, first he gets the Pens goalie wrong, then says he that Michael Ryder (Bruins) beat Tim Thomas on a shot...then he called that they entered the third period when the previous goal highlight was already in the third...then he called that they went to overtime while they were still in regulation and Pens were down 5-4 with 1 second left, so he spoiled it, and then he missed the overtime goal completely. Seriously, that as terrible.

here's when you know the devils are riding high - they went down 2-0 early and i don't think there was one person who didn't expect them to come back.

they ran around a bit early b/c of washington's skill but they just owned that game after that.

if this team actually gets 100% healthy, they might really be something.

WOW! What a game tonight. this Devils team did not quit again after being down 2-0 in the first five minutes of the game. Five unanswered goals to rout the Capitals. Nice job boys.

Congratulations to the Devils...

-Matt Halischuk on scoring his first NHL goal of his career and it was a good one.

-on winning their 8th straight game in a row which beats last seasons record of 7 wins in a row.

-on the Devils franchise for winning their 1000th game tonight in their history.

-being 1st overall in the EC almost a quarter of the way through the season.

-on being 3-0 vs. the Capitals this season and winning their first season series thuis far this season.

Now a huge game on Monday night in Philadelphia where the Devils can tie the record starting the season 10-0 and win their 9th in a row. I hope they really get this big win on Monday. That would be just the icing on the cake.

First game I made it to this year, and it was a good one. Number 1 in the conference feels rea; nice right now.

the team is really competing...i am really impressed how they came back for the last 50 minutes of this game!

What a great moment for the Lowell line, congrats to both #14 & especially #16 with the ripper.

Parise is just money in the bank on those break aways... AWESOME!

On a side note Semin is such a wormy piece of sh!t...he is a pansy who does not back check and that dive was ridiculous.

Edited by ice dog

here's something fun, when i posted "1,000 win for my boys, let's go devil's!" on my facebook page, one of my ranger fan friend's best responce was "oh did you mix up win record with attendance?" HAHAHAHAHAHA...last arena buddy...got anything else? aren't ranger fans just precious?

Awesome night at the Rock, totally different environment then on Wednesday night when we played the Ducks. The crowd was roaring the whole night and it was just awesome to experience. We really did a nice job to rebound from those early goals and pretty much controlled the game from the middle of the first period on. Its nice to be 1st in the east :yea: Hopefully we can keep it up on Monday against the Flyers.

here's something fun, when i posted "1,000 win for my boys, let's go devil's!" on my facebook page, one of my ranger fan friend's best responce was "oh did you mix up win record with attendance?" HAHAHAHAHAHA...last arena buddy...got anything else? aren't ranger fans just precious?

No, rangers fans are jerkoffs and just jealous that we have a great franchise and in 1st place in the division as well as overall in the EC.

BTW, the attendance for last nights game was 16,521. Almost a sellout. It was a good crowd last night.

The thing that impresses me most about this team is that they can shut down the other team once they have the lead. Last year, with a two goal lead going into the third, the devils would find a way to be pinned in their own zone for long periods of time. Its amazing to see how Lemaire's neutral zone system is so effective. The caps had virtually no chances in the third.

What really amazed me was the way in which the Devils shut down the Caps. The Devs players seemed to always get a stick in the Caps players' shooting lane. They rarely got a clean shot on net; every time it looked like the Caps had a scorning chance, a Devils stick would deflect the puck wide.

I don't know what has caused this team to play so well, but it's time like these where we have to stop analyzing things so cynically and just enjoy what's going on.

Man I got off the R train at 33rd street and looked at the Path terminal for a few minutes wondering If I should have taken my chances with the 10 dollar line, this was about 4pm. I wonder what my chances would have been. Oh well, the game was plenty exciting sitting in my living room.

Sick game.. The energy in that building was amazing.. By far the best game I've been to this season.. what a rush!!

Yea that game was awesome last night. just lots of fun..... isnt trips to the Rock so much better when we are winning?! HA! :)