• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

hahaha Comment of the week right there.

Thanks man :cheers:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#282 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

sure he might be saying all the right things to those that ask (playing to the russian crowd), but i'd be pretty certain that if he could finish his year in the KHL and come back to the NHL next year, he would do it in a heartbeat.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#283 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Jay Grossman ‏@Jay_Grossman
RE: questions regarding Ilya Kovalchuk, there has been direct and thorough communication with New Jersey Devils throughout

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#284 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

im not that good in english but if it means what i think there is no problem with kovy

#285 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

im not that good in english but if it means what i think there is no problem with kovy

It means basically this: He's coming back and the Devils will win the cup this summer.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#286 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

From @IgorEronko

Ilya Kovalchuk: Alas, it is unreal to stay in #KHL. I have a contract with #Devils and I will stick to it. My flight is booked for Jan15

#Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk just told Sport-Express.ru that he'd be on a plane to NA on January 15. The saga has ended

Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#287 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Non-story
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#288 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Now let's just make sure our fans don't do something stupid like boo him on his return. That's the last thing he, and this team, needs

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#289 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Wait and the saga is over....what do we talk about for a week?

#290 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Now let's just make sure our fans don't do something stupid like boo him on his return. That's the last thing he, and this team, needs

He may get a smattering, if that. If he does, Ilya should be smart enough to realize that:

1) Yet another lockout has some fans ornery and cranky and not in the mood to let some things slide,
2) His quotes aren't exactly dripping with enthusiasm with regards to coming back, which is bound to tick off some,

and

3) Some of those who weren't as quick to warm to him as others will give him a hard time for this...some will interpret his quotes as him acting like he's doing the Devils a favor.

But it's like I said earlier, he plays well and it's very quickly forgotten.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 January 2013 - 02:11 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#291 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

That's up to how Ilya handles this when he comes back. I think he will hear some boos but they will last as long as he is scoreless.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#292 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

From @IgorEronko

He could've said "I'm so excited to be heading back to Jersey, can't wait to join my teammates, win the cup this season etc"

Reading between the lines

"Alas...I so desperately wanted to stay...but I must head back to Jersey. Boohoo...the contract must be honored"
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#293 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

That's up to how Ilya handles this when he comes back. I think he will hear some boos but they will last as long as he is scoreless.

Exactly. He lights up the scoresheet like we all hope he will, and nobody will be booing him. I still don't think he should be made captain though. I can see this team going the season with 3 "A"'s instead of naming someone captain this year. Long term, if Zajac stays, I can see him getting it next year.
Posted Image

#294 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

He could've said "I'm so excited to be heading back to Jersey, can't wait to join my teammates, win the cup this season etc"

Reading between the lines

"Alas...I so desperately wanted to stay...but I must head back to Jersey. Boohoo...the contract must be honored"

I try to give him the benefit of the doubt knowing those quotes are to the Russian press for the Russian fans.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#295 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

"#Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk just told Sport-Express.ru that he'd be on a plane to NA on January 15. The saga has ended"

I didn't know he had a drug problem.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#296 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Guys - this is why Kovalchuk has chosen to stay in Russia.

Posted Image

#297 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

@IgorEronko

Meanwhile Ilya Kovalchuk says he never had a dilemma where to play: he just didn't want to hurry until CBA is signed
More Kovalchuk: Medias made a mountain out of a molehill. My intention was to play in #NHL. And i'll be back in a very good shape

Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#298 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Guys - this is why Kovalchuk has chosen to stay in Russia.

I don't blame him. Russian chicks are HOT!

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#299 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Honestly this is a win win for Kovy if he comes back playing like he is in midseason form...we quickly forget and he leaves a fanbase in Russia happy...maybe Lou should start selling our Jerseys there...I hear they like Red ;-)

#300 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

1/2: @TGfireandice: RT @IgorEronko: #KHL head Alex Medvedev says he'll be in NA in February to discuss with #Devils Ilya Kovalchuk's contract buyout to have him back in Russia.

Really? What's with these guys? Yeah sure we will buyout a 100 million dollar contract no problem so you can take our best player, that makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users