Hey, thanks board owners

Blown01NJ

Hey board owners, thanks for not ruining this place like HF. I cant even go there anymore because of the fvcking ads. Intrusive, popping up in your face etc. Its disgusting.  I get that you need ads, but don't make them so fvcking annoying that people cant even go to your site anymore. Go try reading HF on your phone...Id rather punch myself in the dick repeatedly.

Anyway :devil:

• Like 2

let's just say there are a few hundred posters I would like gone. Triumph is definitely not one of them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CF was joking there and busting Tri's balls. I know I was, anyway. Tri has been on this board since before this board existed and I for one am glad he's one of the originals who stuck around.

I don't post often, but I am on everyday.  I enjoy all the different personalities on this board, if everyone was in agreement on everything it would be boring.  You have to realize where that poster is coming from, Tri has his analytics, and I appreciate that because I do like to read his postsand get that perspective.  Then CR is like a voice of reason and the general eye test, etc etc.  The variety on the board makes it a pleasure to read.  I am not a fan of the insults and attacking of each other for different opinions, I usually just glaze over that stuff.

That being said, it has been a while (or at least I didn't notice it), but a donation drive for the site. 

This is clearly the best devils forum going. Never mind the ads on HF (which are absolutely terrible- I can't tell them enough how much I dont give a crap about the new dodge ram), but the quality of posters and different viewpoints is so much higher than HF it's not even close.

Basically I go to HF when I need a good laugh, and maybe I'll stop by the devils Facebook or TG's comment section if I need to cry about how sad some of our fans are.

Edited by dmann422

This is clearly the best devils forum going. Never mind the ads on HF (which are absolutely terrible- I can't tell them enough how much I dont give a crap about the new dodge ram), but the quality of posters and different viewpoints is so much higher than HF it's not even close.

Basically I go to HF when I need a good laugh, and maybe I'll stop by the devils Facebook or TG's comment section if I need to cry about how sad some of our fans are.

I pretty much agree with this.  To me, the pecking order goes from this forum (which is much better than the others), HF, then TG's comments section and then FB as the bottom of the barrel.

I only lurk on HF and I am glad I have not yet had the urge to join.  Just the game worn/replica/authentic jersey thread alone makes my blood boil many times.  The only thread I really consistently look at there is the Prudential Center/STH thread since that section of this forum is pretty much dead.

Also yeah the ads suck there.  I know when I go there I am immediately going to swat away those ads and doing a game of "Where's Waldo" but instead looking for the X button.

I was on HF for a minute years ago. It was so heavily moderated, you couldn't compete a thought without getting a warning message. Most of the posters were sh!tty too from what I remember. I used to be on thenhlarena everyday. The traffic was always low, a handful of fans from each team, but it pretty much died last year.

Ive spent 7 years on this board, I can truly say it is MILES above HF.  As for the content on HF: you can pretty much have the same effect reading the facebook and instagram comment discussions,  Bunch of morons with 1-2 people who actually talk hockey.  

Lets never let this place die

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

+1 to what everyone's been saying.  Best Devils forum on the interwebs

I like Hfboards' main board - only because I get to see everyone bash on Leafs fans.  I wouldn't go there looking for any sort of actual debate.

Simple question, what's so different about HFDevils and NJDevs?  HF has a more strict moderation team imo.

Simple question, what's so different about HFDevils and NJDevs?  HF has a more strict moderation team imo.

Yeah so strict that they allow people to kiss the ass of a well-known domestic jersey counterfeiter who also has in the past (and to this day) profited off of death and give him free reign to basically advertise on HF.

I think that's the big difference for a lot of people.  A lot of people here don't want a moderated board.  Unfortunately that also leads to the crap you see with people destroying each other personally around here, which is my only real beef with this board as a whole - particularly the main site...now, the locker room part of this forum is the best (sub)board on the Internet and generally what keeps me coming back here tbh.  It's fun with good debate and not really tearing each other up except for good-natured ribbing.

Funny thing is the posters here are more concerned about HF than HF is about this board.  As far as the ads over there, there's ways around it - that's the only reason I still read HF, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stand the ads either.  ADP (ad blocker) is one site I use and I don't really see the ads over there.  But yeah that's definitely a big plus with this place in comparison in terms of not having to find ways around the ads.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah so strict that they allow people to kiss the ass of a well-known domestic jersey counterfeiter who also has in the past (and to this day) profited off of death and give him free reign to basically advertise on HF.

Well if you're referring to Dorholt, I wouldn't call him a counterfeiter.  He doesn't advertise his jerseys as authentic to my knowledge.

I think that's the big difference for a lot of people.  A lot of people here don't want a moderated board.  Unfortunately that also leads to the crap you see with people destroying each other personally around here, which is my only real beef with this board as a whole.  Funny thing is the posters here are more concerned about HF than HF is about this board.

As far as the ads over there, there's ways around it - that's the only reason I still read there.  I'm pretty sure ADP (ad blocker) will help with that.  But yeah that's definitely a big plus with this place in comparison in terms of not having to find ways around the ads.

Well I know first hand that they're a tight knit group over there.  They know each other personally, and if you have the slightest disagreement with the masses, you get an infraction fro trolling.  That's what I mean by strict moderation.  Not to mention they let some people get away with some things, and punish others for smaller offenses.

Well if you're referring to Dorholt, I wouldn't call him a counterfeiter.  He doesn't advertise his jerseys as authentic to my knowledge.

Authentic or not, when you slap something that is trademarked like the Devils logo on anything without paying royalties, then you are a counterfeiter.

He used to post on this board years ago until the other jersey collectors who used to post in the jersey threads in the Marketplace sub-forum called him out for his terrible work and producing counterfeit items basically chased him off of here.  He fits right in on HF.

On the list of things to worry about, whether a jersey producer is weasely is about 87th on mine.  But then again I'm not a hardcore jersey collector like you, three of the seven jerseys I have are sth gifts from the Devils and the others I bought or had a gift card for offline so honestly I could care less.  People that go to guys like Dorholt and the other jersey guys are looking for cheaper stuff than what they get from the mainstream market whether it's actual jerseys or just customizing a blank.  You always take a chance you might get something less than authentic when you do that, if that's a concern for you.

But that's taking away from the point of this thread anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On the list of things to worry about, whether a jersey producer is weasely is about 87th on mine.  But then again I'm not a hardcore jersey collector like you, three of the seven jerseys I have are sth gifts from the Devils and the others I bought or had a gift card for offline so honestly I could care less.  People that go to guys like Dorholt and the other jersey guys are looking for cheaper stuff than what they get from the mainstream market whether it's actual jerseys or just customizing a blank.  You always take a chance you might get something less than authentic when you do that, if that's a concern for you.

But that's taking away from the point of this thread anyway.

Well yeah it does bother me much more than let's say 97% of the rest of the people here because I am a jersey nut.  I doubt really anyone who doesn't still post in the jersey threads here could give two sh!ts about jerseys.  The funny thing is that he at best is only slightly cheaper.  He is for the fans who just want something that is "good enough" but are convinced by him that his stuff is great because he talks a good game on there.  His stuff is not really any better than the terrible Chinese knockoffs for 1/4 of the price that he sells his for.

The part that irks me the most is that he is selling those PB and JM patches.  Those were never sold at retail and only were on jerseys that were auctioned off to raise money for charity.  He was confronted about this on this board a couple years ago (if you dig enough you can find it) about that and the best he could muster was basically that he pinky swears he will donate profits from the ones he sells to charity.  Yeah right.

Basically my point is that that's the kind o environment HF encourages.  It is basically a slightly cleaned up version of FB.  Like I said before I really only lurk on HF as their Prudential Center/STH thread gets a ton more traffic and has some good information on off-ice Devils stuff.  That's really the only criticism I have of this board is that most topics concerning the Devils that are not directly related to on-ice affairs are pretty much dead within a few posts.

Edited by DevsMan84

This place is bar-none the best place to talk Devils.  There is a nice group (about 25-40)  of posters so everyone knows each other.  There are also people on both ends of the spectrum, which is nice to get different perspectives.  Even though there are some petty arguments, it's nice to see the mods not over-regulate discussion.  For the the most part, posters are respectful of each other too. 

HF Devils is one of the worst places I've ever seen.  Posters there are too hysterical and don't use any reason.  For the over-moderation that goes on, it sure is more chaotic than here

Thinking about this thread maybe realize I've been a member of this board for 10 years now! (exactly 10 years as of the 22nd of November). And there are a few people who were already posting back then who are still here.

Thanks to DM for making it such a cool place to talk Devils. There is a pretty good roster of posters here.

I don't post often, but I am on everyday.  I enjoy all the different personalities on this board, if everyone was in agreement on everything it would be boring.  You have to realize where that poster is coming from, Tri has his analytics, and I appreciate that because I do like to read his postsand get that perspective.  Then CR is like a voice of reason and the general eye test, etc etc.  The variety on the board makes it a pleasure to read.  I am not a fan of the insults and attacking of each other for different opinions, I usually just glaze over that stuff.

That being said, it has been a while (or at least I didn't notice it), but a donation drive for the site. 

I try to be reasonable.  I'm actually not nearly as pissed as many have been about this season to date...I think mostly because I didn't have terribly high expectations coming into this season...once Lou finished making his offseason moves I saw an "if" team that might be pretty good if everything broke right.  Of course, with "if" teams, things don't often break right...not enough, anyway.  This is a team in transition that will soon filter out the last link to the "old guard" (Elias).  The older "we signed them because we didn't have prospects of our own" guys will soon follow.  A completely new identity will be coming out of necessity...even more so if Lou soon leaves (he can't do this forever).

I've tried HF and devilsrule, and neither did anything for me.  This is really the only message board that I spend serious time on.  Crash does an awesome job with football every week, so I get my football fix there.  I take part in the Met thread every year too, but at times it feels more like my own blog, due to the other guys not posting as much as I'd like. 

Re:  Tri, you gotta get past the general humorlessness and often complete lack of bedside manners, but let's face it, even though he sometimes comes off as though he thinks he invented some of these advanced metrics, he's really the one who has made a lot of posters here aware of their existence in the first place, and he was posting about them before they became more commonplace...the board would absolutely NOT be a better place without his contributions.  And when he's inclined, he does a pretty solid job explaining what they mean and why we should at least consider them.  Some like advanced numbers, some don't, but the way I see it, the more numbers you have to flesh out what your eyes are seeing, the better you can make sense of what you're watching.  Those numbers always aren't as much "fun" as talking about the more familiar glamour numbers, but as we're seeing, they have a lot of importance.  What's interesting (and this is a testament to how a board like this is a great place to come to, just because you do get so many perspectives) is that people talk hockey so much differently now than they did 20-30 years ago.  You knew who was flashy, who could score, who could be a feeder/set-up guy, who could defend, which defensemen could put up pretty offensive numbers, etc.  Now people talk about play-drivers, what zones players are in for face-offs, what players elevate their teammates' play (and hurt them), etc.  Hockey is being talked about on a much deeper level now, a much more thinking man's level, and boards like this, and the internet in general, have really facilitated that in a big way...and a good one at that.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976