Germany Vs. Sweden / Argentina Vs. Mexico

Satans Hockey

Germans dominate Sweden and advance to the quarters.

Mexico vs Argentina next. Oh...and if you aren't crazy about the American coverage, watch on Univision instead. The coverage is so much better! :boogie:

Germans dominate Sweden and advance to the quarters.

Mexico vs Argentina next. Oh...and if you aren't crazy about the American coverage, watch on Univision instead. The coverage is so much better! :boogie:

More power to you if you can understand the Spanish coverage, I might know enough of what they're saying if they didn't talk so fast.

The actual game coverage is fine for me, the only real problems I have with ESPN/ABC is that there's not enough studio coverage and way too much US stuff (although this is coming from a not-big soccer fan who watches other nations in the World Cup as much as if not more than the US). I like all the ex-players - Foudy, Wynalda, Lalas and they don't get enough time, but I guess I can understand it with having to do all your commercials in the halftime and postgame segments.

Plus there's not enough Tommy Smyth for my liking :saddevil: I like his accent and wit :lol: I do like the lead commentators (the Balboa and Harkes pairings), although sometimes I listen to John Harkes and think it's Wynalda talking. And when Glenn Davis does games I wonder what's Sal Palantonio doing broadcasting a game before I catch myself and realize it isn't him :P

At least this Argentina-Mexico game looks like it'll break the mold of defensive stalemates, it'd be nice to see SOME entertaining games before the World Cup's finished, teams are averaging under 2.5 goals a game :rolleyes: The Germans are one of the few teams that's fun to watch and even their game wound up 2-0.

Edited by Hasan4978

Well, in terms of Spanish, i don't know much. :lol: But I can sort of understand what's going on in terms of how they build up each match-up. It's crazy.

They show all sorts of highlights and also interview rabid fans. It's awesome. They had fans in Mexico and fans in Munich. Plus fans in studio.

It's just so much more extensive. Who cares if I can't figure out exactly what they're saying. There's so much excitement! That is how a big even such as the World Cup should be coverered.

Totally agree with you on how they overcover the Americans (expected).

Btw...this game is great. Too bad the Argentina goal went off a Mexican defender. Argentina almost scored again but missed. And the Argentina goalie made a great save to keep it tied.

Good pace.

Booo Argentina won 2-1 in Overtime. I hope Germany knocks them out.

I know. I was hoping Mexico would pull off the upset. They had their chances late in regulation but couldn't capitalize.

That winning Argentina goal was sick. Great individual play there.