New STHers

Blown01NJ

I had $22 seats, they are now $24 next season.

Last renewal i waited a few days and still got a decent award.

Haha if i ever got "zamboni" i dont think i would renew the following year... Well this year include the basketball thing as well.

I was lucky enough to get season ticket holder of the game during a recent game, but my dad ended up doing it since i was mia :). So this award isnt something i would be interested in either. Sure wish they would bring back the 4 ledge seats option, i enjoyed those quite a bit.

FYI - Here is the link to the renewal brochure that the team sent out.. I thought maybe some non-STH would want to take a look.. They do a good job making these look nice lol

http://link.coremotivesmarketing.com/c/306/0e01e96022e89cf9953d6e16e909978e6d49fc0bad94adc63acb4f4f541349b3

I am glad the Devils these days are rewarding the fans more for buying season tickets. It is still a pretty big investment and with Stubhub regularly pricing the games cheaper than STH prices it still shows a good sense of commitment. I also see that they will only give the double your season tickets to STH this year.

Back in the day when my family had them I remember the only "reward" we basically got all year was the skate/autograph session. We didn't even go every year due to the long lines but I do remember we went during the 95-96 season cause I had Mike Peluso sign my Peluso jersey.

The email says I can renew online, but when I sign in to my account there's no renewal info there. What's up with that?

Well, after some struggle I finally got this all figured out and was able to renew my tickets. My wife and I were very curious to see how much of an increase they'd add this year, and were pleasantly surprised that it amounted to only about $2 per ticket. Made the decision to renew an easy one.

When I had full seasons I never renewed my seats until September, right before training camp started. I don't think giving them the money so early was every worth any of the "gifts" that they hand out.

I think if you dont renew by April 2 they 'release' your seats.

When I had full seasons I never renewed my seats until September, right before training camp started. I don't think giving them the money so early was every worth any of the "gifts" that they hand out.

What's the difference, you were still giving them the money. You'd rather have three months of minimal bank interest on a couple thousand dollars or whatever than the add ons?

Edited by NJDevs4978

What's the difference, you were still giving them the money. You'd rather have three months of minimal bank interest on a couple thousand dollars or whatever than the add ons?

I would use that money for other things at the time, just my personal preference.

This is my first year in many, many years that I don't have full season tickets. hdtv has spoiled it for me and I've found that it's really not worth the amount of money.

Seriously, right? Folks, consider the following hypothetical:

• Your season tickets cost $4000
  • You have an investment that you know will pay 2% APY compounded monthly (good luck with that)

If you hold off until September, you will earn an additional $47 in interest.

This is only worth it if the prizes that they offer hold less than this much value to you (in which case, What exactly about following the Devils gets you excited?), or if you have problems getting the cash (in which case you should probably be supporting the team on TV and leaving it at a few games attended in person).

This is only my second year as a STH so I had a question for longer time season ticket holders... I'm filling out my renewal stuff and I was wondering if people who had been to both the BBQ and the private practice preferred one over the other?

to answer your question, we took the practice and meet and great this year. Probably would do it opposite next year. Why?

The Devils just sent out a "tentative date" for the practice and highly touted that there is a chance of cancelation due to sched, if they cancel the practice would be the next day..... a freakin monday? I'm not kidding! I guess they feel the fans don't have to work.

Sounds like they do these things back asswards.

Yeah I'm not sure why they waited until the last minute to schedule the open practice.. Could have easily fit it in back in November/December.. If its on a Monday they will have a ton of pissed off STH.. Maybe next season they will announce the open practice is a morning skate in San Jose before a game lol

Yeah I'm not sure why they waited until the last minute to schedule the open practice.. Could have easily fit it in back in November/December.. If its on a Monday they will have a ton of pissed off STH.. Maybe next season they will announce the open practice is a morning skate in San Jose before a game lol

Agreed Colin, last moment = pissed off fans! the wording almost admits the are going to cancel, just think... they play Carolina in Carolina Saturday night, by the time they catch flight home and arrive at their destinations (HOME) it'll be nearly 3am +/- you think they are going to be up to a meet and greet???? Me thinks NOT! they will make it Monday, a regular skate/practice.

I think it is lame! could have done better.

Edited by John Q

i agree with this. there really is no excuse to not have this stuff scheduled awhile ago. there is plenty of time during the season to schedule these 3 meet & greets out where you could do one every few months instead of cramming 2 in at the end of the season when the schedule is crazy.

i assume next year will be a lot easier to schedule these things since the nets will be no more.

Edited by devils744

So I paid for the playoffs last week, and in doing so it asked me which game I want extra tickets to. I chose one, and today I received two extra tickets. The thing is, I havent paid for next year's tickets yet and I am not sure I am going to renew yet.

If I dont renew I wonder if they will charge me for the extras :noclue:

Edited by Blown01NJ

It doesn't matter if you renew, the extra tickets were strictly a bonus for paying your playoff invoice up front.

That's not what the email says. The only option if you arent renewing is to pay in full. I'll take it though. Seats they gave me are better than mine.

Edited by Blown01NJ

So I paid for the playoffs last week, and in doing so it asked me which game I want extra tickets to. I chose one, and today I received two extra tickets. The thing is, I havent paid for next year's tickets yet and I am not sure I am going to renew yet.

If I dont renew I wonder if they will charge me for the extras :noclue:

The two bonus tickets were an incentive to pay your playoff tickets in full not your season ticket package.

The two bonus tickets were an incentive to pay your playoff tickets in full not your season ticket package.

If you arent renewing there is NO other option.

From the email:

39804972820471596018.jpg

To me this reads the incentive if only if you renew your seats. I'm not complaining, just saying.