9 replies to this topic

#1 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

England's firszt game was a bore fest.. they took the early lead and just sat on it!!!

Hopefully Rooney play, that would make things mroe interesting,
Going to suspenders ( just north of Wall St on Broadway in Downtown NYC) to see the game....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#2 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

Well, that was a slightly better game...England finally found the net.

I was kinda disappointed with TandT, they didn't seem to be trying terribly hard, they seemed to be there to get in the way of Englands offence, rather than mounting an offense of their own.

But a win is a win, and at least England managed to score their own goals this time.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#3 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

T & T just packed everyone on "D" at the 75th min they had about 9 players in the penalty area... thought engladn would never break through!!

Although Crouch scored.. he is not all that.... should have scored 2 n the first half..
Samer w/ Lampard..missed about 3 great chacnes...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#4 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, I thought England had caught the Senators' disease (the can't find the net to save their fricking lives disease).

Plus I think changing up Rooney and Owen was a bad move, I'd have taken Crouch off, but then he did score the goal, so what do I know.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#5 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:18 PM

Trinidad deserves credit for keeping them off the board so long. They didn't allow a goal the first 171 minutes. Not bad for their World Cup debut!

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#6 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

Meh .. England should be ashamed - theyre not going anywhere either...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#7 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:50 AM

Meh .. England should be ashamed - theyre not going anywhere either...

Have to say I agree, They are playing like crap, and luck can only take them so far.

Posted Image

#8 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

Plus I think changing up Rooney and Owen was a bad move, I'd have taken Crouch off, but then he did score the goal, so what do I know.

Great Minds think alike... i thouhgt the same thing.. Crouch is often out of position, get in the way when others have better angles... and his over all skills are lacking.. if not for his size he would not even be on the team.. never mind starting!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#9 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, I think he just gets played because he is so damn lanky, personally, I think he is awful, he misses the net SO MANY TIMES.

Posted Image

#10 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:27 PM

Have to say I agree, They are playing like crap, and luck can only take them so far.

It is a mark of a good team to win when they play poorly, when we finally start playing our game LOOK OUT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users