Devils Name Jacques Lemaire Head Coach

nmigliore

This could be one of the worst days in the history of the franchise.

WOW...that's a little heavy.

Remember if Lemaire sucks this year, Lou has no problem firing coaches.

IMO as long as Lou is here the coach is not as important as they are to other teams.

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

I'm not going to be a big fan of the move if we get Lemaire. But if we hit the ground running in October, eh, I'll take it.

wikipedia is edited by like everyone, any info on that site is bogus unless its backed up by an article at the bottom

Wikipedia says Lemaire is the head coach of the NJ Devils, for what it's worth :evilcry:

I'm not going to be a big fan of the move if we get Lemaire. But if we hit the ground running in October, eh, I'll take it.

wikipedia is edited by like everyone, any info on that site is bogus unless its backed up by an article at the bottom

I know, just thought it was worth mentioning.

IMO as long as Lou is here the coach is not as important as they are to other teams.

+1

No its not that heavy. If this is indeed true, I think everyone owes msweet an apology over the "Is Lou Delusional" thread. I'm done with Lou. I'd go into further detail, but I'm holding out hope it's not true

Well we can expect a Stellar year from Marty under Lemaire.... I bet it will be his best year in roughly 4-5 seasons

In his last two full seasons, he's put up his second- and third-highest season save%s, despite facing the highest and third-highest season shot totals.

How much more stellar can he be expected to be, unless you're thinking the shots-against will go down.

If it IS Lemaire who's going to be named head coach, I don't think it's going to be as horrible as some here think. I'm going in with an open mind.

We have a top 5 player in the game that we are going to turn into a 20 goal scorer.

meh .. we lived thru the sutter, and rolston resigning days...

Im wondering where this will put all the kool-aiders? i mean if they hate the signing but trust lou emphatically its kind of a contradiction.. either way we have interesting years ahead .. that its until 2012 when it all goes to crap. :unsure:

Well we can expect a Stellar year from Marty under Lemaire.... I bet it will be his best year in roughly 4-5 seasons

In his last two full seasons, he's put up his second- and third-highest season save%s, despite facing the highest and third-highest season shot totals.

How much more stellar can he be expected to be, unless you're thinking the shots-against will go down.

If it IS Lemaire who's going to be named head coach, I don't think it's going to be as horrible as some here think. I'm going in with an open mind.

I'm going to try and do the same CR... Lou isn't stupid- since it was Lou who realized we needed to change our style, I have to think he and Jacuqes talked extensively about what kind of hockey this team is going to play. Lemaire isn't my first choice, but he's too good a coach and too smart a guy not to give the benefit of the doubt to.