Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

No thanks.  Too expensive, I hate the cold, the sightlines will be awful, and I don't feel like being surrounded by 30,000 obnoxious drunken Ranger fans in the Bronx just to say I was there.  I never paid that much money to see this team in the Stanley Cup Finals, and I've been to every home game.  This is for two points, and it's a watered down non-Winter Classic game.

I really would like to go. If prices come down on stubhub, i plan on grabbing a few seats. At the current rates (~185) they are just a little too much, hoping they fall to 125ish but I would probably settle for 150.

ANd they just might.  About 2-4 weeks ago the cheapest seats were in the $240 range and now they are about $185 like you said.

I paid with fees $186 per seat.  For the exact same section and row on stubhub right now it is going for $255 a seat so I am still happy I jumped.  Plus it looks like I will be getting those nice tickets instead of those generic TM tickets so that's a nice little bonus.

I'm not going due to the horrible sightlines. I'd go to something like this if it was happening in a special or historical venue, but there is nothing appealing or special about New Yankee Stadium. If this ever happened at the old stadium, I definitely would have gone.

Edited by thefiestygoat

I'll be there. Also, I voted for the season ticket option but... they aren't necessarily "included" with ST... had to pay for them. Also picked up an additional two. Going with two close friends and my 15 year old brother, I love being able to make it to some awesome games with him... probably the best game I ever saw live was #552 and it's all because we were there, felt like we won the Cup. Anyway, I understand the gripes about the cold and the sightlines but something about it just makes me want to be there. It's something very unique that we all almost in unison believed the Devils would never be a part of or at the very least it was in our distant future. So I jumped on that opportunity. I'm not even sure where I'm sitting, I'd have to look at the tickets but my brother has them right now. I know they were at the $149 price point so I think that's the second cheapest option that was available, so I am assuming it won't be that good of a view. Oh well. I'm sure it's going to be a blast either way. I've also never been to Yankees Stadium and even though it's the new one so I guess the mystique is gone, I love checking out new venues so this will be pretty cool for me. Can't wait!

Only Devils fans would piss and moan for 5 years about not being in an outdoor game and when they finally get one, they are suddenly "shocked" by the high prices and piss and moan about the poor sight lines and it being cold. :rolleyes:

Not everyone is "pissing and moaning".  For a regular-season game, it IS a lot of money.  For another, yeah, the poor sightlines and likely very chilly weather is deal-breaker for some. 

Big difference between wanting to see your team play in one of these things, and actually WANTING to be there to witness it.  I think most Devils fans simply wanted to see the Devils play in one of them while Marty was still on the team, for various reasons.  I just don't think they necessarily wanted to be there physically while it's happening.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not everyone is "pissing and moaning".  For a regular-season game, it IS a lot of money.  For another, yeah, the poor sightlines and likely very chilly weather is deal-breaker for some. 

Big difference between wanting to see your team play in one of these things, and actually WANTING to be there to witness it.  I think most Devils fans simply wanted to see the Devils play in one of them while Marty was still on the team, for various reasons.  I just don't think they necessarily wanted to be there physically while it's happening.    

If I had the time, I would go back to all the past threads about the previous winter classics and pull up every quote by every poster that said they wish the Devils would have one and would go to it in a heartbeat and then post it right along their comments about it being too cold and expensive about this game.

The Winter Classic games hold the exact same value as these as they are over 2 regular season points.  We all know the only way the Devils would ever be in one is if they played the Rangers and we all knew that if the Rangers were going to be in it, they wouldn't be playing the Devils as NBC would never allow it.  This literally is the only way the Devils could and would ever be part of an outdoor game.

If fans do not want to go that it their choice but I just find it funny that some of the same people who previous said they would be at a Devils outdoor game in the heartbeat are now pissing and moaning about the obvious that comes with these games (high prices, cold, bad sightlines) and act like they are shocked or taking some sort of a stand against it.

Only Devils fans would piss and moan for 5 years about not being in an outdoor game and when they finally get one, they are suddenly "shocked" by the high prices and piss and moan about the poor sight lines and it being cold. :rolleyes:

Haha, this is kind of true. I would have just preferred a football stadium, which obviously isn't available, where you'll be far, but at least you can see the ice.

If I had the time, I would go back to all the past threads about the previous winter classics and pull up every quote by every poster that said they wish the Devils would have one and would go to it in a heartbeat and then post it right along their comments about it being too cold and expensive about this game.

The Winter Classic games hold the exact same value as these as they are over 2 regular season points.  We all know the only way the Devils would ever be in one is if they played the Rangers and we all knew that if the Rangers were going to be in it, they wouldn't be playing the Devils as NBC would never allow it.  This literally is the only way the Devils could and would ever be part of an outdoor game.

If fans do not want to go that it their choice but I just find it funny that some of the same people who previous said they would be at a Devils outdoor game in the heartbeat are now pissing and moaning about the obvious that comes with these games (high prices, cold, bad sightlines) and act like they are shocked or taking some sort of a stand against it.

The thread was started to find out why some fans will be taking part, and why some people won't, with some specific reasons.  I don't think it's fair to label those who actually dared to say "I'm not going because..." as something they're not.  Most of the posts here are pretty matter-of-fact about why certain posters are choosing not to go, and if some of them weren't familiar with how previous WC classic games were priced, yeah, some who thought they might be interested previously might have been surprised by the cost.   

I don't see a lot of coming out here against the event itself, just fans simply stating their reasons for passing it up, and that doesn't make them wrong by default, which seems to be where you're going with this.       

80 bucks to get in the door before TM fees? No thank you. 50... maybe but 80 no way. Plus getting to Yankee Stadium is so out of the way.

Are you 15 years old?!?  You would go for $50, but not $80?

IF tickets were $80, they could fill multIple Yankee Stadiums

You can't sniff a ticket for $80

Not going to kid myself - I got tickets to this game primarily because it'll likely be the only time we'll ever see Marty in an outdoor game.  I assume he'll be starting..and it'll be pretty freakin cool to be able to say I was there to see it 20 years from now, when he's the GM of this team  :giggle:

Even if the Devils do get another outdoor game in the next few years..odds are Marty won't be there.

I am right there with you.  I honestly don't think the Devils will be in another of these for quite some time, if ever again.  The fact that Marty will be in the net, with a 41 years young #68 on the ice....

Can't miss, must attend for me.

Ha Ha, Marty as GM 20 years from now, you hope, I doubt.

If he is on a losing stretch will Devils play him in this game? I would hope not.

Another outdoor game you're correct Marty won't be there as a player.

Marty is playing this game 100%.  If you think otherwise, I have a bridge to sell you.

Yup

I have to 100% agree.. I can't decide whether to be shocked or just laugh about it.. Our fan base routinely has trouble being happy.. This game is a miracle, I still don't know how they allowed this.. It really may not happen again, or at least for a decade I think.. Totally worth the $310 per ticket in my view for this potentially once-in-a-lifetime experience.. But then we also have people getting all bent out of shape over jerseys.. A year ago we would have given anything just to be in the game, now everything about it is wrong or not good enough or not done the right way

You just have to shake your head

The thread was started to find out why some fans will be taking part, and why some people won't, with some specific reasons.  I don't think it's fair to label those who actually dared to say "I'm not going because..." as something they're not.  Most of the posts here are pretty matter-of-fact about why certain posters are choosing not to go, and if some of them weren't familiar with how previous WC classic games were priced, yeah, some who thought they might be interested previously might have been surprised by the cost.   

I don't see a lot of coming out here against the event itself, just fans simply stating their reasons for passing it up, and that doesn't make them wrong by default, which seems to be where you're going with this.       

Absolutely a fair point and hey I mean for those who don't go, the ones going will just see it as their loss and not lose sleep.. Likewise, those who don't go think we're overpaying for bleh.. But DevMan also makes a great point in that, when we could only dream of something like this involving the Devils it was "Man I would love to go to this but it'll never happen"... Now we have it and apparently it's too expensive, sight lines will suck, the stadium will be all drunk Rangers fans giving us swirlies in the bathrooms, etc, etc.. It's just very interesting to some of us to see this after it being an impossible dream for so long

Edited by Colin226

I have to 100% agree.. I can't decide whether to be shocked or just laugh about it.. Our fan base routinely has trouble being happy.. This game is a miracle, I still don't know how they allowed this.. It really may not happen again, or at least for a decade I think.. Totally worth the $310 per ticket in my view for this potentially once-in-a-lifetime experience.. But then we also have people getting all bent out of shape over jerseys.. A year ago we would have given anything just to be in the game, now everything about it is wrong or not good enough or not done the right way

You just have to shake your head

That's my entire arguement in a nutshell.

i agree but i think its been getting better year by year

I don't see any improvements to be honest.

There is a sense of entitlement with most, and take winning for granted.

If we ever sucked as bad as the Isles have for the past 10 years or so; the franchise would be in reaaallllll trouble.

We couldn't fill the old barn when we were a perennial contender with 3 first ballot HOF players on the team!

I don't see any improvements to be honest.

There is a sense of entitlement with most, and take winning for granted.

If we ever sucked as bad as the Isles have for the past 10 years or so; the franchise would be in reaaallllll trouble.

We couldn't fill the old barn when we were a perennial contender with 3 first ballot HOF players on the team!

you really think the fan base has not gotten much larger since the continental days?.. it has to have gotten marginally bigger. .. the thing is how is a franchise suppose to really grow their fan base one like the devils say when they have 3 other teams right on top of them in the same general area (rags, isles, sabers) .. i mean enless people are going to jump ship which 99.99% of people are not especially if they are real fans .. the only way to grow a fan base is to find new fans i guess?