Matteau defends his goalie

Matteau#32

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

The second part of your post is your finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

While I definitely think you failed to read my post the first time, we can definitely agree to disagree here. But you're standard for trolling is way too low, and you're unwillingness to realize that 95% of Matteau's posts were good, is the reason, if I were Matteau that I would definitely not come back after my team lost.

Ben00rs, we've been here for a bit and all your posts have substance, you should be able to see the trollage, however subtle.

You're right about Mattau KINDA. We've both been here long enough to remember SOME substance in his posts, but come on. This dude was out for his daily troll all series.

Martys better: Cute but not even close to the truth?

Saying that as a ranger fan on a devil board, and then writing off the devils as they lead the series 3-2 and claiming the rangers would win 2 easily?

That's not even being a rags fan. He was just saying sh!t to piss us offIf that isn't trolling at its finest then...

Ben00rs, we've been here for a bit and all your posts have substance, you should be able to see the trollage, however subtle.

You're right about Mattau KINDA. We've both been here long enough to remember SOME substance in his posts, but come on. This dude was out for his daily troll all series.

Martys better: Cute but not even close to the truth?

Saying that as a ranger fan on a devil board, and then writing off the devils as they lead the series 3-2 and claiming the rangers would win 2 easily?

That's not even being a rags fan. He was just saying sh!t to piss us offIf that isn't trolling at its finest then...

I have admitted that Matteau enters Troll territory for not coming back on here, I made the point that all the people who attacked him make it really uncomfortable for him to come back, but the point still stands nonetheless.

He DID make 1 or 2 Trollish posts on here, of his many posts, but that was long after many posters here attacked him simply for saying the Rangers were better and the Rangers would win. He's a Rangers fan of course he thinks that....and that was followed with a lot of, "fvck you!!!! No one cares what you think. Go fvck yourself and get off this board." And you know what? Matteau took it really well and rather than yell back he actually felt the need to defend his right to be on the board. Sad. So yea he eventually said some things to stir the pot a little but even they weren't that bad. It wasn't, "Marty sucks and slept with his sister," territory. Other posters attacked him first and said things that were way worse.

Edited by ben00rs

They're in denial CR. The only thing they could hold over our heads for the last 18 years is gone. They're mourning a death. Denial is one of the stages of grief.

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.

LOL good point.

I couldn't be happier that the Devils were the team to knock that franchise and its piece-of-sh!t fans (most of 'em, anyway) into oblivion. To have to see them turn the clock back to '94 yet again, and act as though everything that has happened since they bought their Cup is somehow irrelevant or nonexistent...I was actually starting to become indifferent to Ranger fans, but I have been fully reminded of what a truly annoying bunch of unintelligent blowhards they really are. They remain as predictable as ever...calling the Devils the "Debbies", spewing all their other lame quips they just think are so witty and hilarious. That team can't fail enough for me...I can't hate that team and its stupid fanbase enough. fvck the Garden, fvck their coach, fvck the Dolans, fvck Lundqvist, and fvck their idiot fans. All of 'em.

Couldn't have said it better myself, minus the part about being indifferent to Ranger fans- I've never been indifferent to them. I've always hated them and I always will. I hope they feel the same misery I felt 18 years ago. HENRIQUE!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself, minus the part about being indifferent to Ranger fans- I've never been indifferent to them. I've always hated them and I always will. I hope they feel the same misery I felt 18 years ago. HENRIQUE!!!! IT'S OVER!!!!

For me, I wasn't really paying much attention to them because I was SO focused on the Devils and what they were doing...there were times where this season felt like such a battle. But suffice it to say the full hatred is back.

LOL good point.

Tell us how you REALLY feel :evil:

I defended Matteau a lot, but not coming back after the loss is pathetic. Like ben00rs said, some of our posters were inappropriate to him, and if we want to have good discussions with non-trolls (charlemagne and lotcb come to mind, though they've been inactive for awhile) we need to do something about that, but I've lost all respect for matteau.

I defended Matteau a lot, but not coming back after the loss is pathetic. Like ben00rs said, some of our posters were inappropriate to him, and if we want to have good discussions with non-trolls (charlemagne and lotcb come to mind, though they've been inactive for awhile) we need to do something about that, but I've lost all respect for matteau.

I wasn't one of the ones jumping on him for the obvious...I was actually trying to have real dialogue with him (which always seems to be futile with a Ranger fan...like Derek, their true-blue colors show eventually). I remember when the Devils gained a 3-2 series lead, I admitted that the series was far from over, and that nothing would surprise me from then on out...one of the scenarios he said wouldn't surprise him was the Rangers winning 5-0 and 6-0 over the last two games...not only is that just assinine, he'd only say something that dumb in an attempt to try to annoy. NJDevs4978 has him pegged...he tries to put forth just enough intellgent ideas to balance the douchier comments he makes (the ones he makes simply for the sake of being a dick...passive/aggressive behavior at its finest). I also told him, if he was basically going to come on here to beat his chest over the series win he was SO sure was coming, that he should at least not disappear should the Devils win. He claimed he wouldn't. He did. So yeah, he's as big a joke as his team is. Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

Whatever respect I had for him is gone.

I don't think Mouse or I disagree with this. Like I said in my last post, I think we just see the deeper problem on this board in which a bunch of posters (mostly noobs to be fair) trashed Matteau right out of the gate, while he was debating Triumph and JMI completely legitimately. He might have been failing to keep up with them but he was being substantial nonetheless. Right now we have basically no fans of different teams on NJDevs (they've left)....and to continue to be a great board we need to make an effort to make this a great place for all fans of hockey to come and post.

I'm not saying he was ever planning on coming back, but the way some posters treated him didn't make it any easier. And so what if he said the Rags would win 5-0 or 6-0, that's hardly trolling at all. He's posting that out of hate for the Devils yes, but not necessarily to troll...he wasn't laughing about it like the Korean was for example. Honestly, it doesn't bode well for the board when Matteau is in the middle of an honest hockey debate and a third poster chimes in, "Dude get off this board, no one cares what you think. seriously, fvck off."

I really don't want to turn into the Fire and Ice blog where everyone is immature nor do I want to turn into HF where everyone just pats themselves on the back. Seriously, they are so boring.

Edited by ben00rs

I don't think Mouse or I disagree with this. Like I said in my last post, I think we just see the deeper problem on this board in which a bunch of posters (mostly noobs to be fair) trashed Matteau right out of the gate, while he was debating Triumph and JMI completely legitimately. He might have been failing to keep up with them but he was being substantial nonetheless. Right now we have basically no fans of different teams on NJDevs....and to continue to be a great board we need to make an effort to make this a great place for all fans of hockey to come and post.

I'm not saying he was ever planning on coming back, but the way some posters treated him didn't make it any easier. And so what if he said the Rags would win 5-0 or 6-0, that's hardly trolling at all. He's posting that out of hate for the Devils yes, but not necessarily to troll...he wasn't laughing about it like the Korean was for example. Honestly, it doesn't bode well for the board when Matteau is in the middle of an honest hockey debate and a third poster chimes in, "Dude get off this board, no one cares what you think. seriously, fvck off."

Agree that some posters were probably a little bit quick to jump on him because he's a Ranger fan, and because he was coming off as cocky as best, antagonistic at worst.

But he didn't really help his own cause much...he was definitely trying to get under members' skin at times...he'd watched his team throughout the playoffs...where was the slightest indication that the Devils could get outscored 11-0 over Games 6 and 7? At that point, you're pretty much admitting you're done with trying to continue an intelligent hockey conversation. Like you saw in one of my posts, I didn't have a problem with him posting his Rangers-in-6 prediction...that's actually how I thought the series was going to turn out (love being wrong on that one).

One Rags fan who was actually pretty cool was 94Obsession...he was Derek's brother, but far more rational. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Lundy is good, but until he wins something or his career is over the jury will be out: is he More like Archie or Peyton/Eli Manning?

He did win an Olympic gold medal in net for Sweden, which is a major accomplishment even if he never wins a Cup. I rate best on best tournament wins almost as high as Cups. Marty, of course, has two best on best wins, and backed up a third. That's the only blemish on Roy's career in my books. He never won a best on best. Nobody blames him for what happened in 98 (see Crawford, Mark), but he wasn't better than Hasek when it counted for Canada.

Agree that some posters were probably a little bit quick to jump on him because he's a Ranger fan, and because he was coming off as cocky as best, antagonistic at worst.

But he didn't really help his own cause much...he was definitely trying to get under members' skin at times...he'd watched his team throughout the playoffs...where was the slightest indication that the Devils could get outscored 11-0 over Games 6 and 7? At that point, you're pretty much admitting you're done with trying to continue an intelligent hockey conversation. Like you saw in one of my posts, I didn't have a problem with him posting his Rangers-in-6 prediction...that's actually how I thought the series was going to turn out (love being wrong on that one).

I'll agree Matteau wasn't exactly the Switzerland of posters. But just because he likes the Rangers doesn't mean he can't post every here and there to get under someone's skin. He didn't do it egregiously, it was done out of emotion imo - probably from his frustration that the Rags couldn't keep up and were losing, and it doesn't count for trolling. Again, his prediction was asinine but it wasn't "The Devils have no fans, they should move," or "Marty slept with his sister," territory.

Edited by ben00rs

I wasn't one of the ones jumping on him for the obvious...

I wasn't talking about you, for what it's worth. Like ben00rs said, a couple of noobs have gotten antagonistic with a couple people, and I think it's a problem. Like crasher said before, a bunch of good posters have left the board, and the discussions are getting more and more stale. Manta was blatantly wrong, but he got run off for defending his opinion about Kovy. I hope we see him more and more, he seems to be working his way back in, but losing a poster that good (and full of sh!t as his Kovy predictions were, he's a damn good poster) is a blow, especially when the people who ran him off add NOTHING.

• Like 1

Manta was blatantly wrong, but he got run off for defending his opinion about Kovy. I hope we see him more and more, he seems to be working his way back in, but losing a poster that good (and full of sh!t as his Kovy predictions were, he's a damn good poster) is a blow, especially when the people who ran him off add NOTHING.

This exactly. I was just about to add the manta example.

Manta's never bothered me with his constant woe posts. He's a very opinionated fan with unique ideas about the direction of the team. It just so happens that his predictions for what would happen have been completely wrong. I don't think he deserves to get run off (if thats how he feels), but at the least he is a fan of the team and wants the best. He just didn't agree with the direction. I love it when fans of the team have different viewpoints. None of us can really change anything alone.

As for Matteau, I've felt from the beginning that he was here to troll. I get that he engaged in intelligent discussion with some of the posters, but he was clearly here to get a rise out of everyone. He was only here to big up the Rags on a Devils board, which is silly and rather annoying. It'd be one thing if he was gracious after losing, instead he disappears. I can't even imagine the "I told ya so" crap he'd be posting now.

The problem with Manta isn't that he defended his opinion on Kovalchuk, it's that he shouted it in virtually every thread about the Devils. We all knew his opinion on Kovy but he kept shoving it in our faces when it wasn't even relevant to the discussion, which is a lot different than just defending it.

The problem with Manta isn't that he defended his opinion on Kovalchuk, it's that he shouted it in virtually every thread about the Devils. We all knew his opinion on Kovy but he kept shoving it in our faces when it wasn't even relevant to the discussion, which is a lot different than just defending it.

Its better to have Manta than to not and we shouldn't bring this up now that he is posting again but your statement has truth to it. Of course he was also ridiculed in every thread he did so in.

As for Matteau, I've felt from the beginning that he was here to troll. I get that he engaged in intelligent discussion with some of the posters, but he was clearly here to get a rise out of everyone. He was only here to big up the Rags on a Devils board, which is silly and rather annoying. It'd be one thing if he was gracious after losing, instead he disappears. I can't even imagine the "I told ya so" crap he'd be posting now.

I don't think of Matteau as a pure troll, but agree that he liked stirring the pot. And I agree 100% that he would've been intolerably brutal had his team won the series. If he had just poked in here to say "Nice series, sucks that we lost, see ya later", I would've been fine with him.

I like Manta too...but whether he wanted to come off this way or not, along with beating his feelings about Kovy into the ground in one too many threads, almost to the point of becoming a characature (sp?), it was beginning to seem like he wanted to see the Devils and Kovy fail just to prove his point. Quite a few posters were not on board with the Kovy signing, and I was one of them, but Manta was becoming shrill about it. And I think that wasn't the "real" Manta...he was an excellent poster in the football threads, and I have had several pleasant conversations with him, both public and private, as well as some great debates. I would love to see him contribute again. Manta can have some extreme observations at times, but the board is better with him than without him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Right now we have basically no fans of different teams on NJDevs (they've left)....and to continue to be a great board we need to make an effort to make this a great place for all fans of hockey to come and post.

I liked the Sens fans and the Sabres fan, both quality posters but I'll also agree to disagree with you about the current state of other teams fans on this message board. It's a Devils board after all and having all Devils fans isn't a bad thing. Personally I'd be happy with never having any Rangers fans on this board because I have no use for them.

And when it comes to disrespecting Matteau, I was the one who started telling him to get the fvck off here because I watched him do his same trolling nonsense back in 2006 and in 2008 and I knew he was going to do the same stuff in these playoffs.

Edited by Satans Hockey

It's a Devils board after all and having all Devils fans isn't a bad thing. Personally I'd be happy with never having any Rangers fans on this board because I have no use for them.

And when it comes to disrespecting Matteau, I was the one who started telling him to get the fvck off here because I watched him do his same trolling nonsense back in 2006 and in 2008 and I knew he was going to do the same stuff in these playoffs.

I agree, it's a Devils board, not an NHL board...don't think it's imperative that other team's fans come in here for the board to flourish. Having said that, as long as they're not coming in here to stir the pot and get a rise of posters, and can discuss/debate topics respectfully, I don't have a problem with them being here.

Pretty sure this isn't Matteau's first disappearing act...I can't remember exactly when it was, but I do remember calling him out on vanishing once before.

I agree, it's a Devils board, not an NHL board...don't think it's imperative that other team's fans come in here for the board to flourish. Having said that, as long as they're not coming in here to stir the pot and get a rise of posters, and can discuss/debate topics respectfully, I don't have a problem with them being here.

Pretty sure this isn't Matteau's first disappearing act...I can't remember exactly when it was, but I do remember calling him out on vanishing once before.

Yeah, probably 2006 when we swept them.

I don't think of Matteau as a pure troll, but agree that he liked stirring the pot. And I agree 100% that he would've been intolerably brutal had his team won the series. If he had just poked in here to say "Nice series, sucks that we lost, see ya later", I would've been fine with him.

I felt like he needed to do a little more lump-swallowing than that. How about a "The better team won this meeting of the Hudson River Rivalry," or something similar?