GDT: 4/19/12, Game 4 Quarterfinals (3) FLA @ (6) NJD

Devils Pride 26

Oh man, THAT fvcking guy. I don't know if he was moving around all night, but for awhile he was a few rows behind me in 117 and we hit him with one of the loudest "a$hole" chants I've ever heard. My dad said he could even here it on TV. I'd say we had at least 5 or 6 sections doing it. Anytime he would talk, we'd annihilate him. I mean, not only was he wearing a Rangers jersey, he was actively rooting for the Panthers. After a rousing rendition of "If you know the Rangers suck, clap your hands", he never came back. A few minutes later we saw him try to sneak downstairs into section 14 (I think), blowing kisses, bowing, and being a general ass. As soon as he sat down in an empty seat, the rightful owner ran down and told him to get the fvck out. It was pretty fantastic. Didn't see him again after that. Hope the rest of his night was just as miserable.

haha that sounds like a run of the mill Rangers fan. I'd be like "uhhh, buddy the Rangers play in MSG or in Ottawa this series, did you not realize you have a sea of red around you?" Their fans do that alot though, a few will show up in our arena when we aren't playing them or they aren't even playing that night. Their excuse for wearing the jersey is A) to antagonize our crowd, or B) "I'm a fan of all hockey, Rangers just happen to be my favorite team, but I just came to watch the game cause I'm a hockey fan not just a Rangers fan" :rolleyes:

They look like morons showing up in a jersey for a team that isn't even playing. Then going out of their way to act like drunken douchebags. Eh, it's comic relief when its a tense game.

The mystery pucks were of former players and the coaching staff. I got a Terreri and a Marshall

Yeah, I believe the former players were all guys who were part of at least one of the teams that won the "big shiny silver thing". I got a Larry Robinson puck. My friend got the more obscure, Ken Sutton.

I see all kinds of different jerseys at games, no matter who we play. You just have to make fun of them even though I would wear my devils jersey if I went to see boston play carolina or something. I would wear it to a rangers game. Hell, I wore my devils jersey to a bar for the rangers/flyers winter classic game. Gotta represent!

Slight disparity there.

I know, I really feel like I got cheated this time. I was so jealous of that Sutton puck, man. Although to be honest, it did look nice since it was signed perfectly in gold. So that at least somewhat made up for it. Gotta love the gamble of the mystery puck.

Just wanted to quote this for emphasis.

Waive one or both of Janssen/Boulton this offseason por favor

Janssen is UFA and probably won't be back. Boulton will probably be here because you need someone who can drop the gloves so guys like Clarkson and Kovy don't have to.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Yeah, you need a guy who can stage a fight at just the right time in the first period.

I know they aren't used in the playoffs, but a few Philly or Ranger games without a decent heavyweight will get ugly. Once again, it's a part of momentum and emotion in a game, so there's no spreadsheet for it.

:rofl:

I love Tri's posts and value them, but that's pretty funny

I should point out that I value and respect Tri's stuff, too. There's a lot of work involved in what he does. However, I just feel that there's an additional emotional part to sports that can't be statistically followed.

I know they aren't used in the playoffs, but a few Philly or Ranger games without a decent heavyweight will get ugly. Once again, it's a part of momentum and emotion in a game, so there's no spreadsheet for it.

Having a heavyweight who literally can't play hockey does more harm than good in the end, as we got reminded time and again this year.

I was at the game last night . It was amazing, and electrifying. The crowd was going nuts, we definitely came back to prove a point. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Marty B. turned back time and played like the true pro he is.

We've hit a very interesting point in this series. I hope our boys show face on Saturday.

I should point out that I value and respect Tri's stuff, too. There's a lot of work involved in what he does. However, I just feel that there's an additional emotional part to sports that can't be statistically followed.

In fairness, it's not really "Tri's" stuff...it's stuff other people with a LOT of time on their hands have come up with, that he posts links to and/or expands upon, but I give him credit for making people aware of different ways to evaluate players...what he posts makes for good thought. The stuff he's helped to make fans on this site aware of isn't the kind of stuff you'll find just anywhere, especially on ESPN-type sites. I find myself wishing I could hear a little more of Tri the hockey fan and less of Tri Nye the Hockey Science Guy at times, but then he probably wouldn't be Triumph.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976