52 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

That was two years ago I think, when they had Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzedeh. And then one of those guys had a critical drop in a playoff game against the Steelers lol.

He called them "the greatest WR Corps in the history of pro football".....I remember that :rofl:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

If I were picking a line on Pats/Broncos in the playoffs in Gilette, I'd probably set it at Broncos +4. It's going to be a fairly even game, but the Patriots can still run the ball well with Ridley/Vereen, and I think in a playoff game in which you're trying to keep Manning off the field, that'll be the difference.

As to Baltimore and their schedule, looks like Ben's going to give it a go for week 13
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Btw, did anyone happen to notice that if the season ended today, the Colts would be @Denver in the first round? A potential Manning vs. Luck playoff game in their first matchup ever? The league would be dancing the jig of all jigs. That'll get Super Bowl-like ratings.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

He called them "the greatest WR Corps in the history of pro football".....I remember that :rofl:

That is completely inaccurate.

The only historical reference was what they had achieved as individuals in their careers. It was also about the depth including Rice, Mcghae and Heap who were not WR's.

Others drove that conversation not me which is why you have such a distorted memory.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,284 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

That is completely inaccurate.

The only historical reference was what they had achieved as individuals in their careers. It was also about the depth including Rice, Mcghae and Heap who were not WR's.

Others drove that conversation not me which is why you have such a distorted memory.

Not so much the defense was "exposed" as you wish to think as they were fatigued being on the field so much in a pass defense.

This is more on the offense as we somehow can not run the ball. I believe at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter we were out gained 100 to 1 total yards on offense.

Flacco is a potentially great young QB and we have the best WR corps perhaps in the history of the game in Mason, Boldin, TJH, Stallworth, but we just can run the ball even with Le'Ron Mclain back and teams playing against the pass.

This is a very bad sign. Go and do your rant against Ray Rice now.

Thought I remembered him saying that too.

Here's the thread where he made the original comment...as expected, it sparked a bit of a debate...I like you Manta, but you were off-base on this one:

http://www.njdevs.co...pic=84035&st=40
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#46 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

In retrospect I can't disagree with you I should have worded that better.

Edited by MantaRay, 26 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,284 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

In retrospect I can't disagree with you I should have worded that better.

I just remember thinking it was an odd observation at the time...that offense wasn't anything special at all. The Ravens were 16th in PF, and their other offensive numbers were all kind of "meh". Their top receiver had 837 yards. There was just nothing there that screamed greatness.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Petition sent to President Obama to remove Jerry Jones as owner of the Cowboys. LOVE IT.

President Barack Obama helped saved General Motors. Fans in Dallas would like to see him do the same thing with the Cowboys.
A man from Ft. Benning, Ga. has petitioned President Obama to remove Jerry Jones from power, according to a Dallas Morning News report.
“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over-controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long," reads the petition, which is published on the White House website and filed under "Human Rights." ”Request the Executive Branch's immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones. His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.“
At least 25,000 signatures are required for a petition to receive consideration. As of Tuesday, NFL.com reported that fewer than 500 U.S. citizens have signed.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Petition sent to President Obama to remove Jerry Jones as owner of the Cowboys. LOVE IT.

President Barack Obama helped saved General Motors. Fans in Dallas would like to see him do the same thing with the Cowboys.
A man from Ft. Benning, Ga. has petitioned President Obama to remove Jerry Jones from power, according to a Dallas Morning News report.
“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over-controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long," reads the petition, which is published on the White House website and filed under "Human Rights." ”Request the Executive Branch's immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones. His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.“
At least 25,000 signatures are required for a petition to receive consideration. As of Tuesday, NFL.com reported that fewer than 500 U.S. citizens have signed.

NFL.com wishes it was less than 500, its now 3,800 and counting.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

How many of those signatures are Crasher and his army of bot-puters? :D :D :D
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#51 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

I was thinking of voting, but then I thought to myself: "I dislike the Cowboys, hence I love Jerry Jones as the owner". Long live the mediocrity in Dallas.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#52 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

OK. its Week 13!!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

How many of those signatures are Crasher and his army of bot-puters? :D :D :D

If the petition was to tar, incinerate and burn Jason Garrett straight to hell, I'd have signed it 150 times....there are a LOT worse owners then Jerry Jones in the NFL....not to mention my political beliefs that gov't has no right to tell someone how to screw up their business...gov't screws up ENOUGH stuff as is :P

OK. its Week 13!!!!

Take some of those banned PED substances and calm down that ADD mister....this crap takes time to write......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users