GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

Tim Thomas waived trade clause. It expired on July 1st anyway, but as figured, his "year off" BS was posturing to get out.

Yandle is also rumored trade bait and the Rags are apparently "leading" for him.

Yandle is a very good puck moving d-man, but why would the Rangers need him when they already have McDonaugh, Del Zotto, Girardi and Staal? Defense/goaltending was their strength this past season and they need secondary (or primary depending on how you look at it) scoring. If I were them, I'd be working out a deal for Bobby Ryan and pass on Nash and Yandle.

Yandle is a very good puck moving d-man, but why would the Rangers need him when they already have McDonaugh, Del Zotto, Girardi and Staal? Defense/goaltending was their strength this past season and they need secondary (or primary depending on how you look at it) scoring. If I were them, I'd be working out a deal for Bobby Ryan and pass on Nash and Yandle.

No idea. They definitely need forward help, but I imagine Yandle would be an upgrade on Del Zotto and/or Girardi, who they could offload in another deal. Thats just whats being said on twitter rumor wise. Rags seem to be leading the charge for him.

@StapeNewsday: #Isles‬ GM Garth Snow working hard to acquire a veteran D this weekend here in Pitt.

Also, hearing ‪#pens‬ not shopping him, but would not rule out moving Orpik in addition to Martin, Michalek ‪#NHLdraft2012‬

Also, hearing #pens not shopping him, but would not rule out moving Orpik in addition to Martin, Michalek #NHLdraft2012

— Rob Rossi (@RobRossi_Trib)

June 22, 2012

Think the two are connected?

@StapeNewsday: #Isles‬ GM Garth Snow working hard to acquire a veteran D this weekend here in Pitt.

Also, hearing ‪#pens‬ not shopping him, but would not rule out moving Orpik in addition to Martin, Michalek ‪#NHLdraft2012‬

Also, hearing #pens not shopping him, but would not rule out moving Orpik in addition to Martin, Michalek #NHLdraft2012

— Rob Rossi (@RobRossi_Trib)

June 22, 2012

Think the two are connected?

It would be wonderful to see Martin traded to NYI.

Hahaha, sweet karma

I think Jordan Staal will be moved before the 1st. You heard it here first

I've heard that all year though... Staal is buried in Pitt, behind Crosby and Malkin. He could very easily be a marquee star elsewhere. It's not in his interest to sign long term in Pitt at a lower salary (even the rumored 6mm)

Mark Spector just stated that there is some talk of the Oil trading down to select Griffin Reinhart, as they have him rated higher than Murray.

If this happens...I have no words. This would be a screw up of Milbury proportions.

EDIT: Subban on the move?

Nick Kypreos‏@RealKyper

#SNdraft Sources saying #Canadiens quietly shopping PK Subban. Would PK entice #Oilers for package deal involving 1st #NHL over-all pick?

Edited by TheMazz