What do you guys think of Sam Gagner?

Christmas Tree

I know Scrivens doesn't have very much NHL experience prior to this season, but that seems like a very good trade for the Oilers to me.

I don't think I'd want to trade for Gagner, either, unless it meant dumping one of our unwanted players. It'd be cool if the Devils could pursue Stastny this offseason though. With O'Reilly, Duchene, and MacKinnon all looking like they could handle top-2 center duties, I wonder if Stastny would test free agency. 

I know Scrivens doesn't have very much NHL experience prior to this season, but that seems like a very good trade for the Oilers to me.

I don't think I'd want to trade for Gagner, either, unless it meant dumping one of our unwanted players. It'd be cool if the Devils could pursue Stastny this offseason though. With O'Reilly, Duchene, and MacKinnon all looking like they could handle top-2 center duties, I wonder if Stastny would test free agency. 

Stastny is a guy I'd sacrifice a live puppy to get on this team.

Edited by Mike Brown

Do not want Gagner, especially if it's for Gelinas. Gagner has never registered a 50 pt season. From Gelinas' production thus far as a rookie Dman, it's not absurd to think that he could reach the 50 point plateau at some point in his career. I prefer to keep the big, hard shooting defenceman with offensive upside, rather than a undersized centre that hasn't had a 60 point year let alone a 50 at a cap hit near $5 mil. I know Zajac is not a huge producer and is making more, but his skills defensively and face-off ability makes up for his average offensive skills, making him worth the money.