GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

I thought the first goal was deflected too but I only saw it in real time...the second goal yes it was a 4-on-2 but it was horrendous rebound control of a soft shot, and then Marty thought the puck went to his right and it actually went to his left. That was just brutal. He looked so uncomfortable on the night even with the saves he was making I screamed, we'd better get a goal soon and moments after Zajac obliged. I had my Tim Thomas-style exit stage left planned (running out of the building) if the OT had ended wrong, which it probably would have if it lasted another five minutes.

That was not technically a rebound - the puck went through Marty on that play, which is why he had no idea where it was.

Devils all played great except Marty. He'll have to do better.

Yes, goals 1 and 3 by the Devils weren't the greatest plays by the Devils, but they got plenty of chances tonight. Chances are closer than the shots, but still - Florida is not going to come out like that again.

Brodeur was shaky, shaky. And despite outshooting them greatly, the Devils lost their composure in this game. I mean, that's what I saw. There was desperation, but there was borderline panic, too.

Well that much I'll agree with...there was definitely a little offensive panic after the second period, but christ I don't know who wouldn't be panicking at that point after outshooting them 16-4 and somehow being in worse shape than you started the period in. At least they didn't start giving up ****ty two-on-ones defensively until that one in the OT that nearly gave me a heart attack.

Jesus christ, I thought I was being hard on them during this series...when you outshoot them by such a ridiculous margin, there was absolutely desperation. Even in the third period, they just had some - interesting passing most of the night, some of those passes were actually slapshots. You can't exactly fire a 100 MPH laser at a guy and expect it to go tape to tape.

Yes the power play was putrid, but I don't know how much more they were supposed to dominate them, outshoot them 23-6 every period?

Whenever the Devs pile on the shots... it's almost always them just tossing the puck at the goalies glove or chest from everywhere, rather than on genuine scoring chances. Clemmer wasn't even solid... he wasn't even tested. He let in bad goals... or the D left him out to dry (Kovy PP goal)

The Devils didn't deserve that win. They lost a majority of the races, they were pushed off the puck numerously... but it's ok. We snuck by game 6... we can't do that in game 7. Zajac told Pierre that he wants to duplicate game 6... that can't happen if the Devs want to win.

Whenever the Devs pile on the shots... it's almost always them just tossing the puck at the goalies glove or chest from everywhere, rather than on genuine scoring chances. Clemmer wasn't even solid... he wasn't even tested. He let in bad goals... or the D left him out to dry (Kovy PP goal)

The Devils didn't deserve that win. They lost a majority of the races, they were pushed off the puck numerously... but it's ok. We snuck by game 6... we can't do that in game 7. Zajac told Pierre that he wants to duplicate game 6... that can't happen if the Devs want to win.

You watched a different game than me, Pierre, and Zajac. How the fvck could the Devils have lost a majority of the races if they outshot the Panthers by 3 to 1?

At least they didn't start giving up ****ty two-on-ones defensively until that one in the OT that nearly gave me a heart attack.

Yeah, terrific job by Zach on the back check there. You're right, the Devils did not give up the odd-man rush when they were playing helter skelter. I gotta say ... I was worried they would crack. And Brodeur ... god, he handled that puck like a grenade tonight. Holy rebounds.

They didn't deserve the win? Come on now...fvck, I'm impressed they did win after coming up empty on so many chances AND blowing a two-goal lead again, normally that's an automatic L. They still need to win Thursday, or this season was a waste and if they do lose on Thursday you need look no further than the no-shows in Games 2 and 5, or sitting back in Game 3. But if they'd lost today, it wouldn't have been about effort or anything in 'this' game.

And they're not going to survive Thursday if Marty, Elias and Zach aren't all a whole lot better. We know about Marty's issues but Elias needs to stop sulking after the Game 3 penalty and just play again. I think Zach will at least show up but Kovy and Travis carried that line tonight.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They didn't deserve the win? Come on now...fvck, I'm impressed they did win after coming up empty on so many chances AND blowing a two-goal lead again, normally that's an automatic L. They still need to win Thursday, or this season was a waste and if they do lose on Thursday you need look no further than the no-shows in Games 2 and 5, or sitting back in Game 3. But if they'd lost today, it wouldn't have been about effort or anything in 'this' game.

And they're not going to survive Thursday if Marty, Elias and Zach aren't all a whole lot better. We know about Marty's issues but Elias needs to stop sulking after the Game 3 penalty and just play again. I think Zach will at least show up but Kovy and Travis carried that line tonight.

Elias was on the ice for one Florida shot tonight. One.

In theory it's 50-50, but given the way the games have gone in Florida since period 1, game 1 I'm not sure it's 50-50 in fact. Then again this time they might have Clemmensen and the other games down there they had Theodore.

I've stressed out enough over the damn losses in this series to be complaining about a win, especially one where it would have been ridiculous if we didn't win :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh good lord, I almost forgot about the first round of the NFL Draft, that is going to be a nuts sports night. Maybe the Jets'll pick after the Devil game ends with any luck.

What a night in the NYC area,Rangers game 7 at the gardens,NFL draft at radio city and of course the Devils on the road!!!!!!!!