GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

I cant believe the negativity on here sometimes. I got back from the game, and expected this place to be celebrating instead half the people here were complaining. They played a great game and won in overtime with our top line coming through. Yes the pp was bad, but after watching them the whole season that shud be expected. The only thing lucky was that the team bailed brodeur out. He looked shaky, but he usually rebounds from bad performances so im hoping that happens in game 7. If they can duplicate last nights performance with a confident brodeur in net, we will win

rolleyes.gif

Turn on HD. Full screen. Enjoy. :koolaid:

So many things happening that led up to that goal. Parise's incredible backcheck. Weiss shooting wide. Mad scramble. Zajac pulling it out. Panthers falling back a bit into neutral zone. Zajac not going full speed. Puck getting caught up in Kovy. Parise whacking it by the Panther player. Kovy settling the puck and protecting from the Panther stick. Elevating the pass to Zajac. Zajac settling it. Zajac cutting to the inside, shooting, and...forcing a game 7! :gd:

I feel like people saying things like "this is the loudest I have ever heard Devils fans" or "best playoff game ever" either have long forgotten the days at CAA or never experienced them. I feel like when that building was filled at playoff time, while more wide open, felt fuller and louder. It was crazy when we would score against Dallas in '00...goals of course were harder to come by then...especially in that series.

Even in the regular season though, I feel like CAA doesn't get enough respect when it comes excitement and noise level...it was amazing the time Oliwa got thrown out of the game for obliterating a guy and the whole stadium was chanting, "Oliwa." At the start of '00-'01 when the crowd was chanting "We Want Arnott," it was so loud the players on the ice were laughing. Nothing at the Rock has ever come close to that for me.

I feel like people saying things like "this is the loudest I have ever heard Devils fans" or "best playoff game ever" either have long forgotten the days at CAA or never experienced them. I feel like when that building was filled at playoff time, while more wide open, felt fuller and louder. It was crazy when we would score against Dallas in '00...goals of course were harder to come by then...especially in that series.

Even in the regular season though, I feel like CAA doesn't get enough respect when it comes excitement and noise level...it was amazing the time Oliwa got thrown out of the game for obliterating a guy and the whole stadium was chanting, "Oliwa." At the start of '00-'01 when the crowd was chanting "We Want Arnott," it was so loud the players on the ice were laughing. Nothing at the Rock has ever come close to that for me.

Man those were sweet times and so true.

I remember the whole arena going nuts when Daneyko scored in game 1 of the 2000 finals.

I know this will never happen, but I think I'd have more confidence going into Game 7 with Moose in net. With Hedberg, you know what you're going to get. With Marty, lately, it's feast or famine.

The building was literally rocking back and forth during game 7 of the Finals in 2003. The upper deck was literally swaying. I've NEVER been at a louder game than that. It was absolute mania.

There was definitely a drumline from a high school marching band there the last 2 home games. I found this on Youtube...

I'm just impressed those guys (and girls) made it from inside the upper bowl to out the door in under 10 minutes :evil: