GDT: 4/19/12, Game 4 Quarterfinals (3) FLA @ (6) NJD

Devils Pride 26

Little Gio is my new favorite 'feel good story'

Little guy is playing about as good as possible

If that isnt busting your ass I dont know what is. He has been one of the hardest working players out there all series. This is showing that he deserves to be up here. If he can perform like this in the playoffs, full time in the regular season would be HUGE for the 4th line.

Edited by Quinn01

Here is a review of the game from a Florida Panther fan that was found on the Florida Panthers IceDancers page :blink:

After a furious comeback two nights ago gave the REDVOLUTIONARIES a 2-1 lead, COLONEL DINEEN and his platoon promised a better start to Game 4 to avoid another hole. As promised, the MEN IN RED had a much better start in the opening 20 minutes of the game. An inability to capitalize on powerplays, however, coupled with a lackluster 2-for-4 effort on the penalty kill, proved to be the difference as the SINNERS ON THE BOARDWALK struck back to slay the PUMAS OF THE EVERGLADES 4-0 to even the series at 2-2. Long-time New Jersey Secretary of Defense MARTIN BRODEUR denied the PANTHERS on 26 attempted visits to CLUB RED tonight for the shutout as he bounced back from a subpar outing on Tuesday. The FEROCIOUS FELINES had no answers for Devils' top guns PARISE, ZAJAC, CLARKSON and KOVALCHUK, who turned a 1-0 lead after two stanzas into the eventual 4-0 drubbing. SCOTT CLEMMENSEN played a decent game in place of Games 1-3 starter JOSE THEODORE, but several defensive breakdowns and solid powerplay execution were too much to overcome for CLEMMER & Company. Game 5 will be at 6:30 on SATURDAY NIGHT. Wear your RED and be LOUD for the hometown CARDIAC CATS as they attempt to reclaim the series lead. Until then, keep your heads up folks. We STILL SEE RED, but let's torture ourselves for a moment with tonight's OFFICIAL PROFILE OF A LEAKY DEFENSIVE GAME THAT HAS US DESPERATE TO EVACUATE THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA.

Here is a review of the game from a Florida Panther fan that was found on the Florida Panthers IceDancers page :blink:

After a furious comeback two nights ago gave the REDVOLUTIONARIES a 2-1 lead, COLONEL DINEEN and his platoon promised a better start to Game 4 to avoid another hole. As promised, the MEN IN RED had a much better start in the opening 20 minutes of the game. An inability to capitalize on powerplays, however, coupled with a lackluster 2-for-4 effort on the penalty kill, proved to be the difference as the SINNERS ON THE BOARDWALK struck back to slay the PUMAS OF THE EVERGLADES 4-0 to even the series at 2-2. Long-time New Jersey Secretary of Defense MARTIN BRODEUR denied the PANTHERS on 26 attempted visits to CLUB RED tonight for the shutout as he bounced back from a subpar outing on Tuesday. The FEROCIOUS FELINES had no answers for Devils' top guns PARISE, ZAJAC, CLARKSON and KOVALCHUK, who turned a 1-0 lead after two stanzas into the eventual 4-0 drubbing. SCOTT CLEMMENSEN played a decent game in place of Games 1-3 starter JOSE THEODORE, but several defensive breakdowns and solid powerplay execution were too much to overcome for CLEMMER & Company. Game 5 will be at 6:30 on SATURDAY NIGHT. Wear your RED and be LOUD for the hometown CARDIAC CATS as they attempt to reclaim the series lead. Until then, keep your heads up folks. We STILL SEE RED, but let's torture ourselves for a moment with tonight's OFFICIAL PROFILE OF A LEAKY DEFENSIVE GAME THAT HAS US DESPERATE TO EVACUATE THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA.

Hahaha "sinners of the boardwalk"

If nj is the armpit of America then can Florida be the dirty dick of America?

One of the cutest things in the world is panthers fans talking sh!t. Someone had a "DEVILS SUCK DICK EST. 2003" sign at game 2 in the BAC... It was literally too stupid to insult.

Haha yeah. After the game someone was chanting, "NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS! NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS!" so I started calling out to him like, "Yeah man, YOU'RE THE MAN!!" and his friend was like Yeah go Panthers and tried to get a high five from me. I was like yeah, 12 years in the making right? Not much else heard after that...

Great game Devils!! Now I am super stoked to be a loud obnoxious Devils fan at Game 5 @ the BAC. We've got em' right where we want em!

some trash on the panthers hfboards. down by 4 and wanting their guys to goon it up and run over marty and stuff. whatever.

great win, goes to show how important goaltending and the devils pk will be. solid all around. now they must carry it into game 5.

Edited by Mayday

some trash on the panthers hfboards. down by 4 and wanting their guys to goon it up and run over marty and stuff. whatever.

great win, goes to show how important goaltending and the devils pk will be. solid all around. now they must carry it into game 5.

Why would they need to do that? Clemmer said he can "beat Marty any day" earlier today!

How's that going for you Scott?

I haven't had that much fun at a game in a long time! I was one of the loudest people in my section. After the game I was still cheering and every light I hit on broad street when I was stopped next to a car full of devils fans I rolled down my window to cheer with them. Had to stop at rest stop on parkway and on my way out I saw another devils fan coming on. We high fived and it made me more excited. My throat is killing me and I'm pretty sure I'll have no voice tomorrow but it's all worth it. I have to get up at 4:40 tomorrow but I can't even think about sleeping right now! Go Devils!!!!csnt wait for Game 6 to do it all over again!

• Like 2

On my way to the train station, some car full of (apparently) Rangers fans drove by and chanted "Devils suck balls!" or something like that.

Well, as fate would have it, they got stuck at a light. And some irish sounding dude literally jumped on the hood and ran across it. I sh!t you not. I was worried shots would be fired..it was awesome

The Devils have never lost a playoff game I've been too...I went in pretty excited....woulda bet $100 on a win. Crowd was AMAZING....hilarious! I've never sat in the 200s before, but that is where all the loud folks are.

Well then, it's settled... You must attend every Devils playoff game the team plays for the rest of your life. :P

Well then, it's settled... You must attend every Devils playoff game the team plays for the rest of your life. :P

:yay:

Did anyone here the modified chant?

"Rangers ****, Flyers *******...Panthers watch"

I dunno the TOS around here so I starred some stuff I probably didn't have to, but yeah lol

This game showed that the Devils have no business losing this series if they keep fvcking playing 60 minutes, the PK keeps their collective heads out of their a**, and Marty doesn't sink them.

I'm still not anywhere near 100% confident they will do all that long enough to win two games...they have to prove they're over the bs of the last five years and prior three games. Just win Saturday, so you can't be eliminated at home - that'd be a start at least.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The "You're a backup!" chant directed toward Clemmensen was rather hurtful. Best crowd ever, better than both cup winners.

:rofl: I missed that one, then again my ears were already hurting. I thought it was from the jacked up noise over the PR, but maybe it was actually from the crowd itself lol.