Finally someone on Ebay got it right!!

njdevils2003champs

Yes Brodeur's rookie jersey was the old green, white and red color jersey with #29. I have one of those jerseys as well. They have the 'Vintage' Devils jerseys made by Mitchell and Ness for a reasonable price and it would be cheaper to get a #29 Brodeur on that jersey.

Does anyone know if pro shops still do the old green lettering?

Yes Brodeur's rookie jersey was the old green, white and red color jersey with #29. I have one of those jerseys as well. They have the 'Vintage' Devils jerseys made by Mitchell and Ness for a reasonable price and it would be cheaper to get a #29 Brodeur on that jersey.

AFAIK M&N doesn't make a vintage Devils jersey... anything sold on eBay as such is a fake. I don't see the Devils in the list of teams on the M&N website, and I can't find any non-eBay seller that carries them. In fact there was a post in April in which CR1976 mentioned he talked to a M&N rep, who confirmed they didn't make a Devils jersey at that point.

A cursory check of a seller claiming to have "genuine" M&N merchandise shows that he has a number of things in his inventory not on the M&N site.

Edited by David Puddy

AFAIK M&N doesn't make a vintage Devils jersey... anything sold on eBay as such is a fake. I don't see the Devils in the list of teams on the M&N website, and I can't find any non-eBay seller that carries them. In fact there was a post in April in which CR1976 mentioned he talked to a M&N rep, who confirmed they didn't make a Devils jersey at that point.

A cursory check of a seller claiming to have "genuine" M&N merchandise shows that he has a number of things in his inventory not on the M&N site.

Everything posted here is accurate.

The rep I chatted with said they may make a Devils jersey somewhere down the line, but from the way he said it, it sounded like such a jersey would be a longshot at best.

As far as I know, the only true M&N Devils jerseys ever made were two old-school home white, red, and green Brodeur jerseys that were given away at some promotional event. M&N didn't do their homework...they stitched #30 onto the jerseys.

I know some people who've bought the fakes, and they do seem like they're pretty well-made.

I have a #29 white old-school Brodeur jersey too...I bought a blank white one on e-bay (Athletic knit), then found someone in Canada who authenticates fonts from any era to do the lettering. He also had 75th anniversary patches, so he did that for me too.

Oh ok. I just have seen a lot of them as of late and all over eBay. Guess they have the M&N patch and the "V" patch to put on the jerseys. Thanks for the info there guys. I was going to pick one of them up and have a Devils player and number sewn on it. The Brodeur #29 Red, White and Green jersey is not a Mitchell and Ness jersey that I have. Do believe it is a Crosby or CCM jersey back then. I have it put away in a box for safe keepings.

Did the rep say they will be making a M&N for the old Devils colors? It would be pretty sweet if that happens.

Did the rep say they will be making a M&N for the old Devils colors? It would be pretty sweet if that happens.

What do you think we've been talking about all this time? What other kind of Devils jersey would M&N make? I can't see them doing one with the current red, black and white...that would kill the whole M&N vintage nostalgia thing.

Re-read my previous post. The rep said that they were looking into it, but from his voice it didn't sound all that likely, unfortunately.

What do you think we've been talking about all this time? What other kind of Devils jersey would M&N make? I can't see them doing one with the current red, black and white...that would kill the whole M&N vintage nostalgia thing.

Re-read my previous post. The rep said that they were looking into it, but from his voice it didn't sound all that likely, unfortunately.

Sorry my bad there. It would be better to have the old 'Vintage' colors than the Red, Black and White. I can't see that either. It is rather unfortunate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.