#1 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

http://www.nypost.co...96vqqJCEoqaCMqM

The Devils have sold out only eight of 32 home games this season, including their opener, three against the Rangers, and visits by Dallas, Pittsburgh (twice) and Buffalo.

“In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Well thank God for that article! I never would've guessed the Devils don't have the best attendance in the NHL if not for Marky Mark...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well, offered similar $ from different teams, a dead building doesn't help his case coming back here. If he doesn't sign here, I hope it's far far away, like LA.

#4 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

If he doesnt sign with NJ then Janssen > Parise.

If he does re-sign with NJ then i am getting a parise jersey.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#5 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Overraction city

(N)Єverson is a douche.

Here's the question

(N)Єverson: "is it easier to feed off energy when the building is fuller for Rangers, Pens games, instead of when it's a quieter for some other games"

Parise: In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

It's innocuous and a fact.

It has nothing to do with whether he'll stay in NJ or not.They have a billion other worries than if the building is full.

#6 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I spoke with Zach at the most recent meet and greet and I could tell by my conversation with him that he is out the door. He just had the look in his eyes while we were chatting.

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

I spoke with Zach at the most recent meet and greet and I could tell by my conversation with him that he is out the door. He just had the look in his eyes while we were chatting.

Right, at a meet an greet Zach was giving subtle hints he's out the door.. You kidding me dude?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#8 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I don't mean for this to seem like a smartass remark, but the team's energy is higher for games against the Rangers, Penguins, and Flyers. Why would it be any different for the fans?

#9 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Right, at a meet an greet Zach was giving subtle hints he's out the door.. You kidding me dude?

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Then you should have told him "anywhere but the Rangers."

I agree though that it's the Cup or bust if he's going to stay.

Edited by Daniel, 08 March 2012 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Someone should do an article about what a crappy newspaper the NY Post is, and that more people read the Daily News etc.

#12 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Then you should have told him "anywhere but the Rangers."

I agree though that it's the Cup or bust if he's going to stay.

I think winning the Cup would only ensure he leaves.

#13 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Anyone having ANY guess as to where he goes is just useless.

Hystyk: Maybe he had to take a dump while he was talking to you, maybe he was thinking about the changing government in Sudan and how that will affect the genocidal tenancies of the North's government....

Do you realize how many times he's been questioned by fans, media, friends, teammates, parents, and others about where he's going? Hell, there's a new thread on HF Boards every other day about where he could be going. Fans of other teams can't stop thinking about it either. Just because you didn't like the look in his eyes when you spoke to him doesn't mean that he's out the door.

I don't doubt your ability to read people... But while you're thinking "I hope he stays here!! Will he re-sign?" He's probably counting down the hours and minutes til he gets to go home, sleep, and/or bang the MRS.

On the other side of things:
He says "I like it here, I like the area, I like my teammates, I like this team blah blah blah"
Guess what those are: SAFE, politically correct responses. You're not going to hear the guy say "Can't wait for free agency. I'm not too thrilled with the team here. I don't like New Jersey" and so on.

Not one person on these message boards or in the media have 1% of an inkling where Parise is going to end up. The only people that know are Zach, his lady, and his family. His agent's don't give a rats ass what team he plays on as long as they get as close to their assessed value of him as he can.

#14 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Call meh now fo' ya freee reeeeadin'!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#15 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Overraction city

(N)Єverson is a douche.

Here's the question

(N)Єverson: "is it easier to feed off energy when the building is fuller for Rangers, Pens games, instead of when it's a quieter for some other games"

Parise: In our building, we don’t have the same type of energy we have for a Ranger game, any other time of the season. That’s the way it is for us,” Parise said. “We have to find ways of getting the excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game.”

It's innocuous and a fact.

It has nothing to do with whether he'll stay in NJ or not.They have a billion other worries than if the building is full.

I don't know whether or not you made that (N)Єverson question up, or if that was really what he asked Zach.

But I think it's highly likely that (N)Єverson chose to frame Zach's quote in a way that made it seem he was knocking our fans more than he really was.

Here is how TG included the quote in his article today.

"I really think at this time of the season with where the standings are, how tight everything is, that it doesn’t matter who we’re playing right now," Devils captain Zach Parise said. "We should be able to generate that type [of emotion]. Everyone understands that in our building, we don’t have that same type of energy that we do for a Ranger game any other time of the season. That’s just the way it is.

"So, I think for us we have to find ways to get some excitement and always have that type of energy level and excitement for the game."

Even though it's pretty much the same thing, Zach doesn't come off as blasting the fans as much in TG's article.

Regardless, our rink's atmosphere never stopped us from winning three Cups and going to four finals. Zach is well aware of that.

Edited by 95Crash, 08 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#16 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

If he does re-sign with NJ then i am getting a parise jersey.

Same here, the moment I hear he has resigned long term I'm driving my car to the Prudential Center and buying myself a #9 jersey.

Edited by GoArmySports, 08 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#17 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well Colin, I am unsure how old you are "dude", but I have done sales my entire life and , yes, "dude", I am skilled at reading people. In my opinion "dude", he is much closer to leaving July 1, then not. Got it "dude?"

I'm not sure I get it dude. Can you tell us how you read his mind again? Thanks dude.

#18 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#19 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

fvck off Willy Loman

#20 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think winning the Cup would only ensure he leaves.

:noclue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users