Langs

MadDog2020

Ok, so Langs will be returning as a visitor for the first time since being traded tomorrow night. I'm interested to hear everyone's take. If you're at the game, will you boo him every time he touches the puck, and when he's announced? I will be at the game, and I haven't decided if I will boo yet. I liked Langs a lot. I appreciate the contributions he made when he was here. But that wound is still a little fresh- I hated the way he left. I think in time, it'll be water under the bridge, but not enough time has passed yet. So- thoughts?

I dont think booing him is appropriate. Its going to happen none the less, but I would like to see him atleast cheered for once. He did to alot for this team in a positive manner but ofcourse, in the case with every player that leaves NJ, he left on a bad note and that is all everyone will remember of him.

The only player who should be booed is Gomez. Langs did a lot of good for the franchise and was never a weasel like Gomez. And to my knowledge, Langs hasn't bad mouthed the organization since leaving.

For all who are going, please don't boo. Completely uncalled for.

I don't boo anybody at all unless they do something dirty during the game I'm watching. I understand why people do it, but IMO it's just not good sportsmanship. I also hate it when the entire arena shouts "sucks" during the announcement of the opponent's lineup, and "HEY! You SUCK!" during the goal song. I find it embarrassing.

That said, you pay your money, you get to boo (or suck) to your heart's content.

The only player who should be booed is Gomez. Langs did a lot of good for the franchise and was never a weasel like Gomez. And to my knowledge, Langs hasn't bad mouthed the organization since leaving.

For all who are going, please don't boo. Completely uncalled for.

"I am leaving a first class organization that has been like a family for the last ten years. But on the other hand, I am fortunate to be returning to another first class organization with Dallas."

For those who will boo him, and I say this in the most respectful way possible... please grow the fvck up. Ok that sounds harsh, but I'm tired of fans acting like they sat next to him and got a dirty sanchez from him in the locker room.

Look past the media reports and mumbo jumbo that "may or may not" have happened. None of us were in that lockerroom, the year under Mac was a disaster, and team morale had hit rock bottom. We were all looking for a scapegoat and changes had to be made. So quickly to forget his contributions to a Stanley Cup Championship and focus on a year or two of what obviously wasn't working out for him and the team. He moved on. We should too.

I won't boo him, but I also won't wear my Langs jersey again. He did some great things. He left badly.

I think Langs got a bad rap the last year or two with us, I remember the good things he did when he got here and the big goals he scored in the playoff's. He didn't really want to leave NJ, in fact when Lou asked him to waive his no trade clause he said "no" (the first time anyway). I understand he had some problems in his personal life at that time, so he was a bit of a complainer or whatever...big deal.

I'll cheer him.

Edited by hargsy