2013 NHL Draft Logo

BCdevil

Looks like it was cut from the same boring template as the last few drafts  

lame and lazy job. Let somebody from within the NJ devils org customize it.

Not sure having our marketing team work on it would make it any better, I would tend to think the opposite.

The outline of the state is cool, but when compared with the old logos, it appears they went with the outline of the state because they couldn't think of any NJ features to include in the logo like the bridge and skyline for the Pittsburgh one, the trees for the Minnesota one, and the palm trees for LA.

I like it.

Are there tickets for this? or is this invite only for the players and families?

Everything I heard is that tix will be cheap, likely free for sth. I cannot imagine it will be difficult, in any sense of the word, to get tix. Draft is also going to all be one day, right? Instead of the usual Day 1- Round 1, Day 2 - Everything else schedule.

Edited by ATLL765

I like it, they could have done the NY skyline as worst case scenario.

actually quite surprised that we didn't somehow get a logo with the ny skyline. considering that was probably the other likely scenario, this is quite fine. i don't know what really "speaks" nj better than the state itself. i don't think anything relating to the shore or whatever would translate well to a logo. i actually think the state outline is pretty awesome. i'd take that any day over trees or a bridge or whatever else in previous logos.

That's the one created by Richer's Ghost over on HF.. He created it as a concept and I guess it was good enough that it caught on.. Feel free to update the Wikipedia page

Ah ok I see.  I am not much of a Wikipedia fact-checker person so I will leave that up to someone else.

Plus it is not a big deal.

I like the official one way more than the fake one on Wikipedia. Also like that the shape of New Jersey is in it. I don't live in NJ but I was born in it, and have spent a lot of time in NJ going to games and going to college that I have more pride in NJ than I do for NY. I always like it when the devils are called "jersey's" team, and after what happened with the hurricane I like that the entire state is being represented.