Torteralla fined $20,000 for comments..

ScoreMoreThan3

Serves him right for acting so unprofessional.

Of course everyone thinks what he said was true but just let your guys on the ice take care of it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626336

I have noticed how much of cry baby he has been lately and accusing other teams of playing dirty. Even jawed at our coach for that 1st period brawl about the line we started with, but when you watch that brawl one of their big guys end up on our smaller guys. Nice coaching cry baby.

I can't stand Tortorella, but I hope his players chip in on the fine. What he said needed to be said.

Agree 100%

Tortorella is a tool, BUT

he said what needed to be said...just wish it came from someone who wasn't as whiney...would've had more impact.

Agree 100%

Tortorella is a tool, BUT

he said what needed to be said...just wish it came from someone who wasn't as whiney...would've had more impact.

This is why it's so damn funny though :lol: In the space of less than a week two windbags blow their stack on the NHL's golden team.

What a JOKE, the league needs MORE displays of passion and entertainment outside of the game like this.....oh noooo's they bashed poor Cindy, we can't have that, and God Forbid people might not think hockey players are boring and cliche..... yes Torts is a tool, but he's also RIGHT here.... :blahblah:...stupid NHL.....

What a JOKE, the league needs MORE displays of passion and entertainment outside of the game like this.....oh noooo's they bashed poor Cindy, we can't have that, and God Forbid people might not think hockey players are boring and cliche..... yes Torts is a tool, but he's also RIGHT here.... :blahblah:...stupid NHL.....

If he said that about the Devils, what would the fine have been?

If he said that about the Devils, what would the fine have been?

Considering Tom Renney got $10,000 for saying stuff about the Kings I'd assume something in-between....would I be any more angry about it? Definitely not, these kinda comments add intensity, fuel rivalries and make games BETTER...I'm all for them:

Tom Renney's attempted explanation of a penalty disparity between his Edmonton Oilers and the Los Angeles Kings cost him $10,000 on Tuesday. The NHL fined the coach for suggesting that referees were working against his team during Los Angeles' 2-0 win on Monday.

"Maybe you need Hollywood in the playoffs. I'm not sure," Renney told reporters after the game when asked about the gap.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-04-03/tom-renney-fined-edmonton-oilers-los-angeles-kings-2012-nhl-playoffs#ixzz1rIqzNbwY

Edited by CRASHER

Ranger fan coming in peace (hello again!):

First and foremost: Congratulations on very impressive 13th season with 100+ points. Incredible.

Secondly: As to the fine. I have no problems with Torts getting fined, per se. But I have problems with two things:

1 - The NHL supported Tort's comments by posting it on the official NHL twitter site. So to THEN fine him afterwards seems a bit off.

Secondly: Mario Lemieux wrote public letter threatening to sell the team, excoriating the league and got off scot-free for his tantrum. Sorry, but that doesn't sit right with me.

Is the NHL THAT hell bent on making their league so sterile like the WWE? I hate the Rangers and Torts is a pain but he's right. The Pens get pampered on by the league and everyone knows it. And they're actually one of the teams I like when the Devils aren't playing. Not hardcore like but just like.

Ranger fan coming in peace (hello again!):

First and foremost: Congratulations on very impressive 13th season with 100+ points. Incredible.

Secondly: As to the fine. I have no problems with Torts getting fined, per se. But I have problems with two things:

1 - The NHL supported Tort's comments by posting it on the official NHL twitter site. So to THEN fine him afterwards seems a bit off.

Secondly: Mario Lemieux wrote public letter threatening to sell the team, excoriating the league and got off scot-free for his tantrum. Sorry, but that doesn't sit right with me.

It all starts at the top with Mario. He is the king of the whiners, was his whole career, and now he's passed the torch to Crosbitch and Malkin. Ownership always sets the tone for the culture of an organization imo. Mario, being the whiner he is, has created a culture in Pittsburgh where if the Penguins do it, its fine- if someone else does it- WAAAAAH. Pretty much Mario's career in a nutshell, as great a player as he was.

Edited by MadDog2020

It all starts at the top with Mario. He is the king of the whiners, was his whole career, and now he's passed the torch to Crosbitch and Malkin. Ownership always sets the tone for the culture of an organization imo. Mario, being the whiner he is, has created a culture in Pittsburgh where if the Penguins do it, its fine- if someone else does it- WAAAAAH. Pretty much Mario's career in a nutshell, as great a player as he was.

I pretty much agree with you, noble adversary.

3 knee-on-knees in the past 3 games? I don't believe they were intentional, per se...but 3 can cause a stir in the media circles.

Remember the Islander/Penguins brawl when Mario called the NHL a "disgrace." Not only did he get nothing, but the Islanders were fined 100,000.

Lavi gets fined 10 k for standing on the bench screaming whatever he was at Pitt. Yet, their assistant coach gets a mere 2.5k for doing the exact same thing?

I know that it was my team that got hosed...so obviously, I'm far more bitter about it, but man...this is exactly why I hate the Pens out of everyone in the Atlantic.

I pretty much agree with you, noble adversary.

3 knee-on-knees in the past 3 games? I don't believe they were intentional, per se...but 3 can cause a stir in the media circles.

Remember the Islander/Penguins brawl when Mario called the NHL a "disgrace." Not only did he get nothing, but the Islanders were fined 100,000.

Lavi gets fined 10 k for standing on the bench screaming whatever he was at Pitt. Yet, their assistant coach gets a mere 2.5k for doing the exact same thing?

I know that it was my team that got hosed...so obviously, I'm far more bitter about it, but man...this is exactly why I hate the Pens out of everyone in the Atlantic.

With every decision the league hands down, the more biased towards Pittsburgh they look. It's getting to be a joke now.

With every decision the league hands down, the more biased towards Pittsburgh they look. It's getting to be a joke now.

Have we forgotten that following Mario's statement, Matt Cooke got handed his giant suspension?

With all the talk of bounties in the NFL, you can't have coaches saying what Tortorella said. He wasn't asked during the game, he had time to collect his thoughts, and still he runs his mouth.

Have we forgotten that following Mario's statement, Matt Cooke got handed his giant suspension?

With all the talk of bounties in the NFL, you can't have coaches saying what Tortorella said. He wasn't asked during the game, he had time to collect his thoughts, and still he runs his mouth.

After that mess, the league had no choice, plus Cooke was a repeat offender with a reputation for being a cheapshot artist. What Tortorella said was the truth, and he shouldn't have been fined 20 cents, never mind $20,000.

After that mess, the league had no choice, plus Cooke was a repeat offender with a reputation for being a cheapshot artist. What Tortorella said was the truth, and he shouldn't have been fined 20 cents, never mind $20,000.

The league is not going to let people speak their mind about officiating. None of the 4 major sports allow this. If DeBoer trashed the officials after a bad night and accused them of favoritism, would I be happy? Yeah, I would, but he would also deserve to be fined.