All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

I have the replica they have been selling (gift from ex gf). I would like it to look as close to what Marty wore his rookie year.

Mike

Cool just remember that he was #29, had the NHL 75th anniversary patch, and the font they used that year was a little different than what they use now.  If you want 100% accuracy you also need the Devils 10th Anniversary patch, but the authentic ones are hard to find.  Below is a picture of my Lemieux that I had done this past winter by EPS.  I provided the NHL 75th and Devils 10th patches and they matched it up to the game-worn Lemieux he wore that year (in the link).

gallery_3795_169_61231.jpg

gallery_3795_169_5028.jpg

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/29210/Spring-2006-Catalog/Sports/Hockey-Equipment/Lot908~1991-92-Claude-Lemieux-Game-Worn-New-Jersey-Devils-Jersey

Thank you so much for the help.

I have seen the Devils 10th anniversery patch on Dorholt, but I wasn't sure about it. It might be the only spot I can find one. The 75th patches I can get easily on ebay.

I may just go without the 10th anniversery until I can find one and get swen on later.

Where would be the best place to send the jersey out for lettering? I am hoping that the jersey I have can stand the lettering.

Mike

Thank you so much for the help.

I have seen the Devils 10th anniversery patch on Dorholt, but I wasn't sure about it. It might be the only spot I can find one. The 75th patches I can get easily on ebay.

I may just go without the 10th anniversery until I can find one and get swen on later.

Where would be the best place to send the jersey out for lettering? I am hoping that the jersey I have can stand the lettering.

Mike

EPS would be the best place to get it done. Just make sure you email them before and provide pictures. They do a great job on vintage jerseys.

Don't buy the 10th or anything from Dorholt. Not only is his stuff just domestic knockoffs, but badly done knockoffs. The 10th and NHL 75th patches he makes are low quality. You can find better ones on eBay. If you can't find the 10th I would say wait.

is that the company name EPS or is that intials?

Mike

They are Exclusive Pro Sports.  I saw on their FB that their site was down last night due to the storms in the midwest.

They are located in Rockford, IL.  I sent them a couple of jerseys a month ago and they told me the turnaround time right now is 8-12 weeks.

Wow, that's a long time. I guess if I want the jersey in time for opening night I better get a move on.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Mike

anyone know how much of a difference from experience.. a size 58 game worn is from a 58+?.. i recently got my first game worn jersey which is a clarkson size 58 and now i cannot wait to pick up my next game worn! thinking about going after a zubrus i fit pretty well in the 58 im about 6' 180lbs.. length isnt bad any longer i dont know if i could deal with though.

anyone know how much of a difference from experience.. a size 58 game worn is from a 58+?.. i recently got my first game worn jersey which is a clarkson size 58 and now i cannot wait to pick up my next game worn! thinking about going after a zubrus i fit pretty well in the 58 im about 6' 180lbs.. length isnt bad any longer i dont know if i could deal with though.

I think a 58+ is made a little bigger than a regular size 58.  You should still be good with a 58+.

• 1 month later...

anyone have any info on the meigray sale when it starts? when it ends? how it works are the jerseys discounted on the site? and how much of a sale do they put on them, i know they only do it for jerseys that are older then one season they dont discount their most recent season

anyone have any info on the meigray sale when it starts? when it ends? how it works are the jerseys discounted on the site? and how much of a sale do they put on them, i know they only do it for jerseys that are older then one season they dont discount their most recent season

It begins after the Meigray Expo which is July 20th this year.  It runs until at least end of August, but I think last year it ended sometime in September.

Usually the most current season as well as jerseys on consignment have no discounts.  Also the jerseys in the Clearence section have no discount as well.  The rest have discount tiers based on the year and if it is game worn or game used.  It also depends on the league.

From what I remember last year, the NHL jerseys worn in the 2010-11 season were 25% off if game worn and I think either less or nothing if game-issued.  Anything older than that was either 30-50% off if game worn and 25% off game issued.  The tiers are slightly different for the lesser leagues such as the AHL or ECHL.

Honestly the deals that used to be great years ago no longer exist.  It is still their best deal but all it is now doing is making Meigray's silly prices down to the realm of reasonable, but I wouldn't say there are many "steals" in there.

The discounting structure and terms are usually revealed within about a week of the Expo.

thanks for the info, i had boughten a clarkson game used from them a couple months back and now that he is no longer with his (very disappointed) i will most likely not be wearing it to any games so the plans for it is to hang in a display case or sell it as of now. im interested in picking up a GU elias but not for a grand.. was hoping to scoop one for around $500

thanks for the info, i had boughten a clarkson game used from them a couple months back and now that he is no longer with his (very disappointed) i will most likely not be wearing it to any games so the plans for it is to hang in a display case or sell it as of now. im interested in picking up a GU elias but not for a grand.. was hoping to scoop one for around $500

It might be $500, but then again it might not.  Hard to say as every year the sale tends to be slightly different (and usually not in our favor).

Welp there goes my desire for a Clarkson jersey.  Bummed about his departure; seemed like a genuinely good dude.  Now I have to pick another player to get and send it off to EPS for customizing hopefully to receive back before the home opener... 

Im thinking Kovalchuk, Elias, or Zajac I think.  Tough call. None of these guys really speak to me like Clarkson did.  I really like Patty but he's not going to be here much longer than 3 years I don't think.  Can't have the jersey naked going into 2013-14 though!

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

Yeah I spotted that too a couple days ago.  Unless that is game worn then no way is it worth nearly that much.

Edited by DevsMan84

where is the BEST place to order an authentic jersey... a real authentic jersey i do not want some sh!tty quality indo edge i want the exact thing that the players wear on the ice? i want to order a henrique jersey for this upcoming season not sure where i can get a true authentic though.

where is the BEST place to order an authentic jersey... a real authentic jersey i do not want some sh!tty quality indo edge i want the exact thing that the players wear on the ice? i want to order a henrique jersey for this upcoming season not sure where i can get a true authentic though.

Either private collector, eBay or meigray. No retail outlets are selling devils non indo-edges

oh man thats bullsh!t.. if i want a henrique jersey from meigray i have to spend 2 grand... which is obviously not happening.. kind of bullsh!t you cant get a real authentic

It is what it is. Meigray earlier this year had blank made in Canada edges for $99 in the clearance section but those have since sold.

Does anyone here have any olympic jerseys?  I have a Modano USA from 98. I'd wear it for the upcoming games but it's an XXL and I'm a medium  :doh1:

Wheres the best place to get a team USA jersey? 

Edit: I used to really love those 96 USA World Cup jerseys with the stars and stripes flowing at the bottom. But I think looking back on it as a man in my 30s it seems to have lost it's appeal ;)

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

So lookie what I got for $30 bucks the other day via Ebay.

l578.jpg

For that price it's amazing quality. I never buy jerseys off auction but wow. I was considering stripping it to make it a Henrique/Zajac jersey but I'm actually a big fan of Bobby Holik and I rarely see any jerseys of his at the Rock. I really have no ill will towards how he left either. Not to mention my dad has a Peluso jersey so it goes hand-in-hand with that. All I would need is a McKay jersey and I'm set. Lol.

Here is where I got it from. http://www.ebay.com/sch/newjerseydevils1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Although I'm not too sure on who would want a Brookbank or Halischuk jersey...

Why?

Because whenever I go onto ebay it's always cheap, Chinese knockoffs (and you can tell) perhaps I just don't look that often but I've never really had a good experience with ebay when it comes to jerseys.

Hockey cards and signed pucks/photos on the other hand...

Because whenever I go onto ebay it's always cheap, Chinese knockoffs (and you can tell) perhaps I just don't look that often but I've never really had a good experience with ebay when it comes to jerseys.

Hockey cards and signed pucks/photos on the other hand...

I would think you'd have a more difficult time with signed items then jerseys, even though it's getting pretty even with fakes on both ends.

I'm not talking at you specifically here, but i just do not understand the problem people have with buying jerseys. I've bought cars with less effort! Maybe it's this fanbase as it's only what i know, but it's a routinely simple task. Know much you want to spend (or your budget will allow) and do your homework/be informed (to avoid knockoffs/correct styles, etc.).  :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.