Vintage Devils Jersey

njdss4

I've wanted to get an old green, red, and white Devils jersey for a really long time but I can't find anywhere that has real ones. They are all horrible fakes. Any leads on where I can find them? Preferably a Daneyko jersey if possible. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
I have some in stock, but I would hate to sell you a "horrible fake". These are about as real as you are gonna get.

My thoughts exactly....your only other bet is keep an eye on eBay. They are getting real tough to find.

I've been wanting one for a long time too. I've pretty much come to terms that I might never get one since it was never part of CCM's vintage line and jerseys from that long ago are hard to find and will be expensive. Hopefully CCM/Reebok starts making more vintage jerseys since the Edge thing is in full swing now.

There are some phony ones out there but I am real picky about my jerseys, so I would never buy one. I hate spending money on something that isn't legit, especially when it doesn't even look right (wrong fonts, too much space between letters, etc.) In my view, those things are expensive so I better get what I pay for.

If you ever do come across a legit blank one, you can have it sent to Exclusive Pro Sports (www.exclusivepro.com) for the lettering. They have a great reputation with this stuff, and I've never had a problem with them. If you send a picture with the jersey of how the lettering should look like, it would help. If they don't have the right font, they cut it for you at no extra cost, too. A lot of places just use whatever fonts they have that are closest, and that's why people end up with bogus-looking jerseys.

Edited by devilsfan26

They do show up on eBay from time to time. Not long ago, there was one that was customized as a Shanahan.

It looked like proper customization too. I went out of town for the day and didn't get to bid on it. I'm not sure what it ended up going for. I have seen one on pop up every two months or so.

They do show up on eBay from time to time. Not long ago, there was one that was customized as a Shanahan.

It looked like proper customization too. I went out of town for the day and didn't get to bid on it. I'm not sure what it ended up going for. I have seen one on pop up every two months or so.

Every two months?! Guess I should check more often. Are they legit CCM ones or some recently-made knockoffs?

Every two months?! Guess I should check more often. Are they legit CCM ones or some recently-made knockoffs?

I have seen both. Of course, I would only buy a CCM one.

Here's two examples of my legit red/green jerseys i had made thorugh time, effort and patience. NEVER settle for unlicensed, knock offs/storemade attempts at jerseys.

My Brodeur Rookie 91-92 CCM ultrafil:

Ken Daneyko Mitchell & Ness:

Those are awesome, where did you get the 10th Anniversary Patch?

Those are awesome, where did you get the 10th Anniversary Patch?

Thank you.

A buddy of mine emailed me and said he had a 10th patch for the back hem he got off ebay, and had an extra that i might like. It's bigger then the ones the Devils wore on their jerseys, but it's pretty close to the original and better then nothing!

I have a section on my webshots link below where i have a few more red/green odds and ends jerseys. The authentics are nearly impossible to find anymore.

here's one i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-80S-CCM-NEW-JE...bayphotohosting

it has a 6 on the back but no name. Kinda weird, but there are CCM tags on it, but i'm not an expert on striping and such. what do you guys think, does it seem legit?

It's a real replica CCM jersey, but IMO, the crest was added. CCM in the 80's and 90's sold replicas with no crests on them of all teams. Reason i say the crest was added is the postion of the crest and the size of it.

It's a real replica CCM jersey, but IMO, the crest was added. CCM in the 80's and 90's sold replicas with no crests on them of all teams. Reason i say the crest was added is the postion of the crest and the size of it.

yeah, i thought the crest looked odd, but i couldn't tell for sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.