‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

im calling it now. none of them will be re-signed before at least june 29th and none will be approached before june 25th.

Nah, Clarkson will be signed to a $4 million multi-year deal that everyone'll hate before July 1. Winnipeg will be rumored to offer Zajac 10 years for $100 million, Elias will be rumored to have interest in the Rangers and Zubrus will be waiting around patiently like Salvador lol.

Nah, Clarkson will be signed to a $4 million multi-year deal that everyone'll hate before July 1. Winnipeg will be rumored to offer Zajac 10 years for $100 million, Elias will be rumored to have interest in the Rangers and Zubrus will be waiting around patiently like Salvador lol.

Not really worried about Clarkson and Elias so much, the kool-aid runs strong through their veins. Zubrus concerns me to a lesser extent. The one that really concerns me most is Zajac. And I'm sure he'll probably hit the market too, because Lou has some sick aversion to locking up extremely important pieces prior to July 1.

Not really worried about Clarkson and Elias so much, the kool-aid runs strong through their veins. Zubrus concerns me to a lesser extent. The one that really concerns me most is Zajac. And I'm sure he'll probably hit the market too, because Lou has some sick aversion to locking up extremely important pieces prior to July 1.

I would have said that about Elias too, until this goofball nonsense with Marty the last couple days and Zach looking like he's ready to turn his back after going way above and beyond the call of giving lip service to coming back. It's sad and telling that Clarkson's really the last guy I trust to want to run through a wall (exempting the fourth-liners, who'll do that anyway to stay in the league) to be loyal. Andy Greene too I suppose since he ostensibly turned down multiple higher offers to stay here.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I would have said that about Elias too, until this goofball nonsense with Marty the last couple days and Zach looking like he's ready to turn his back after going way above and beyond the call of giving lip service to coming back. It's sad and telling that Clarkson's really the last guy I trust to want to run through a wall (exempting the fourth-liners, who'll do that anyway to stay in the league) to be loyal. Andy Greene too I suppose since he ostensibly turned down multiple higher offers to stay here.

Well at least Patty has always employed an agent, so there won't be some bombshell out of left field next summer like this sh!t with Marty. I think we should have Clarkson, Greene, and Patty sneak into Zach's room tonight and hook him up to a kool-aid IV while he's sleeping. :P

Where is this 7/50 offer coming from?

it was offered at the deadline - apparently zach would have taken it but his agents wanted him to wait until 7/1 because better offers would be there and the devils would raise their offer

Any remember what time Richards signed with the Rangers last year? Have to imagine it will only take Parise about that long tomorrow.

richards signed with NYR on 7/2

Can't sleep just want a end to all this bs,

Too much speculation. Rumors and assorted other BS. Just want to know who is in our starting line up already. I wonder if Zach or Marty are up this late? Has all the bidding started yet?

Can't sleep just want a end to all this bs,

Too much speculation. Rumors and assorted other BS. Just want to know who is in our starting line up already. I wonder if Zach or Marty are up this late? Has all the bidding started yet?

FA doesn't open til noon. Go to bed ;)

If Zach signs with the penguins, I might just lose my mind.

And I mean, flip sh!t. fvcking hate that pathetic excuse of an organization.

That would be Buttmans wet dream along with Suter, I'm sorry I'm not a mean or spiteful person but if that happened,,,,, Maybe thats why we signed Cam for one shot at Cindy!

Edited by Devs1965

Just remember if the Devils match a Penguins or Wings offer for Parise, we'll prob be going nuts with that contract for 10 years when the Devils are paying $8 million for 24 goals when Zach is 34. He'll probably be never worth it here. The Penguins paying him a ton and having him with Crosby will work out so much better for them. Similar but at a much bigger scale than the Rafalski deal working with the Wings but being awful for Jersey.

Either way, I think I'll have to step away from the boards for a while if Parise leaves.

Just remember if the Devils match a Penguins or Wings offer for Parise, we'll prob be going nuts with that contract for 10 years when the Devils are paying $8 million for 24 goals when Zach is 34. He'll probably be never worth it here. The Penguins paying him a ton and having him with Crosby will work out so much better for them. Similar but at a much bigger scale than the Rafalski deal working with the Wings but being awful for Jersey.

Either way, I think I'll have to step away from the boards for a while if Parise leaves.

Thats the tricky part.... And its really tricky... Of course we want zach and yes we can still live without him... BUT just like when a divisiom rival get a big fighter or an elite scorer or wtv the other clubs have to adjust sometimes... Zach just cannot go to the Pens... It would be lethal and Lou just cant let this happen

He does seem like a really nice kid, and he's been one of my favorite Devils since his rookie season. That's why it would be so disappointing to see him go. But I'm not saying I won't ever boo him, ESPECIALLY if he goes to a division rival like Pittsburgh. That would be tough to take, and it would REALLY piss me off. Out west is one thing. In our division is unacceptable, and I'll boo him 'til I have no voice left he goes to a rival.

If he goes to Pittsburgh we need to have someone dump fake money on him when he comes back to the rock. A few guys did that to Bobby Holik when he came back to CAA as a Ranger. That was still one of my all time favorite funny Devils moments. I wish someone had that on tape.

Ugh, I'm not even excited about July 1st like I usually am. I really hope that changes as the day goes on. Here's the first questionable Parise rumor of the day.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Have the Senators slowed their efforts for Nash? A little bit... because they're going to make a big offer for Parise, and go from there.

Also I couldn't find a picture of it anywhere online but theres a mural when you go down that small escalator exit to Lafayette street. I can't remember the exact 5 who are up on it but Parise is the last one left on the team. I think the other 4 were Gionta, Langenbrunner, Martin and White.

Ugh, I'm not even excited about July 1st like I usually am. I really hope that changes as the day goes on. Here's the first questionable Parise rumor of the day.

Who cares. I bet Parise has zero interest in Ottawa. He can choose other teams where he could get more money, be closer to home, be with friends, be closer to a championship, etc then Ottawa.

Who cares. I bet Parise has zero interest in Ottawa. He can choose other teams where he could get more money, be closer to home, be with friends, be closer to a championship, etc then Ottawa.

I can't see him playing for a Canadian tam.

Oh, I'd be shocked if he goes to Ottawa. The only legitimate contenders as far as I'm concerned are Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minnesota, and New Jersey. I just figured I'd post it, good as anything to do at 8:30 in the morning.

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun. Zach Parise will decide by 10am in terms of officially testing the market. Obviously, still a chance he stays in NJ

dont test it please dont !

Since that's an hour from now, I'd say its a safe bet he's testing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.