2007 World Series: Red Sox vs. Rockies

thefiestygoat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Ortiz in 2004 in St. Louis turned out to be a success as he was not a large downfall overall. He actually made a few good plays. That being said, the lineup would probably look like:

Pedroia

Lugo

Ortiz

Ramirez

Lowell

Drew

Varitek

Crisp

Pitcher

Still, pound for pound, better than The Rockies lineup.

Pitching:

Francis is good, but Beckett is better.

Jiminez is good, but Schilling is better, especially in the post season.

In my opinion the Rockies should have a backwards rotation and put Francis and Jiminez in games 3 and 4 against Dice K and Wakefield. If Beckett, Schilling and the Sox lineup take care of the first two games in Boston, then the Rockes are DONE.

The Rox should hope that Cooke and Fogg keep the Rockies in the game for the first two and maybe even steal one from the Sox at Fenway. Because in the cold weather, games 3 and 4 at Coors with Francis and Jiminez pitching, the Rockies have the chance to take control.

Sox in 6

As in the sport or as in MLB?

Baseball is my game. When I was 4 the doctor diagnosed a joint problem in my foot that would prevent me from skating, so my parents put me in baseball. I played until I was 17 and then I became a coach, coaching youngsters until I was in my early 20s. I still love playing and absolutely love the sport.

But I've given up on MLB. I'll read the threads here, but I also read the threads here about alchie ex-boyfriends.

Actually, I don't think so.

To compete with the Yankees and the Red Sox, Rogers is running the Jays at a loss, paid for by profits from their other ventures. They have an oligopoly running with Bell providing cable, internet, cell phone and other communication services.

Over the last two years Ted Rogers has near doubled the payroll of the Jays in an attempt to compete with the other payrolls in the division. To pay for that, basic cable has gone up, phone charges have gone up, data rates that you would get from AT&T for $60 you get from Rogers for $1700.

Would I want to see the Jays run at a loss to be competitive while Ted Rogers price gouges Ontario consumers? Absolutely not.

There needs to be a salary cap so that small to mid-market teams can compete WITHOUT running the enterprise at a loss.

Giuliani is not a real Yankee Fan

Sounds like a baseball flip-flop. Rudy Giuliani, a lifelong New York Yankees fan, said Tuesday he's pulling for their most hated rivals, the Boston Red Sox, to win the World Series over the Colorado Rockies.

"I'm rooting for the Red Sox," the Republican presidential contender said in response to a question, sparking applause at the Boston restaurant where he was picking up a local endorsement.

"I'm an American League fan, and I go with the American League team, maybe with the exception of the Mets," he said. "Maybe that would be the one time I wouldn't because I'm loyal to New York."

Typical politician.

I will never understand fans that will root for their conference, ESPECIALLY when it is a team that is DESPISED...I can A$$URE you..if the Jet$, Dolphin$ or the Pat$ make the SB..I hope they get their a$$e$ handed to them!!!!!

I will never understand fans that will root for their conference, ESPECIALLY when it is a team that is DESPISED...I can A$$URE you..if the Jet$, Dolphin$ or the Pat$ make the SB..I hope they get their a$$e$ handed to them!!!!!

whats with all the $? it's football, everyone has a hard cap and who have the Jets spent money on that you would actually want?

btw i wish they would start the damn game already

Wait, there is a World Series? It is more like a E$PN like lovefe$t for Red Sox fans, of course, the only fans that matter

WHINEY COMPLAINER OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Dude, you try being a journalist and putting a positive spin on this for the Rockies...

And by the way, were you actually watching ESPN at all last night? All they did was make excuses for the Rockies because they had a long layoff.