Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

Rogan The Goat

If they signed Jagr 'and' Brunner they'd have to get rid of THREE forwards on one-ways, or two and Gionta.  I mean a lot of guys are expendable but still you have the 50-contract limit to worry about too, and what if teams don't want to take our garbage spare forwards?  Can't hide them all in Albany.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So some crazy blogger chick who thinks she has a relationship with Kovalchuk is a valid source? She said that he would sign with the Devils initially. No sh!t, there were two suitors and Lombardi was going cheap. The writing on the wall that it would be LA/NJ in the winter, you could go on capgeek and figure that out.

Honestly she reads like the social media version of Elias' stalker. And her Olympic article is all over the place and wrong. The hockey building is done and has been done, they played the WJC at it. And the NHL wasn't dragging their feet because of "shoddy" buildings, the Olympics has been accounted for in the schedule for months. Why does she think the outdoor games are framed around the Olympics? Total happenstance?

Agree 100%, there's no reason for us to believe her story, much of it can't be proven after the fact. Her story came off a bit creepy and we should take it with a grain of salt. How is she so "tuned in"? If this Jagr deal falls through, I'll instantly take this all back though.

Agree 100%, there's no reason for us to believe her story, much of it can't be proven after the fact. Her story came off a bit creepy and we should take it with a grain of salt. How is she so "tuned in"? If this Jagr deal falls through, I'll instantly take this all back though.

Why?  It's not that she's incorrect.   It's not announced and it hasn't been posted.   It's not done until it's done.   It's the way she does it, puffing up her importance and dropping that stupid "they didn't like me talking to Kovy when they found out", as if that is at all relevant to the discussion.   She's just putting herself over.

Who is saying you need to take her 100% seriously? But it seems to point out she actually has press credentials and player access, which is true, somehow needs to be rebutted because she's creepy.

Says who though? Says her.

Why? It's not that she's incorrect. It's not announced and it hasn't been posted. It's not done until it's done. It's the way she does it, puffing up her importance and dropping that stupid "they didn't like me talking to Kovy when they found out", as if that is at all relevant to the discussion. She's just putting herself over.

By "story", I meant the Kovy story, not this Jagr rumor no one else is mentioning. Edited by DJ Eco

Says who though? Says her.

Well, I mean, then we're getting pretty philosophical, do you even know the game on your TV is truly happening or is it all an elaborate fake out to make you think it's being played? :lol:

Either she has press credentials or she's been able to fake it for years and even get credible guys at hockey events to claim she's there when she isn't.

I'm kind of amazed Nick Barlotta got defended by some when he has no credibility but she is getting hammered when she at least has some history with tri-state hockey. :lol:

Why?  It's not that she's incorrect.   It's not announced and it hasn't been posted.   It's not done until it's done.   It's the way she does it, puffing up her importance and dropping that stupid "they didn't like me talking to Kovy when they found out", as if that is at all relevant to the discussion.   She's just putting herself over.

Still taking one part of the story and repeating it to prove a point. Nevermind the other 3 years of stuff she's written. Come on max, you're better then this.

I just have to chime in -- This is why it sucks to be a woman - we go through cycles where we have this weird idea of intimacy - I swear it's got to be something hormonal.  She sounds creepy as all hell and her style is totally inappropriate.  She wants to be one of the guys -- she wants credibility but she also wants to have a sort of I'm not one to kiss-and-tell buuuuuut.... feel to her Kovy piece.  What she writes has some truth - but it's got this stupid false intimacy she felt she had to put on to validate her writing - her specialness.   :whistling:

So you can't let her pretty generic non-threatening ego-needs damage her entire writing.  Or what the fvck  -- go ahead think she's full of sh!t that's cool :evil:  her kovy thing should stand apart from the rest of her writing though - imagine she was just riding the rag and feeling needy or something that day. 

What I'm saying is this:  it's one thing to bullsh!t your readership - it's a whole other thing to believe your own horsesh!t so deeply :giggle: that's when we cross the creepy line. She really could have used an editor to save her daydreamy ass.

not that any of this needed to be said but -- ok - now to see what the 6 posts that came while I was posting this say...   

this post creeps me out... and yet I'll still do it -- still hit post... ewwweeee!!!!!

Well, I mean, then we're getting pretty philosophical, do you even know the game on your TV is truly happening or is it all an elaborate fake out to make you think it's being played? :lol:

Either she has press credentials or she's been able to fake it for years and even get credible guys at hockey events to claim she's there when she isn't.

I'm kind of amazed Nick Barlotta got defended by some when he has no credibility but she is getting hammered when she at least has some history with tri-state hockey. :lol:

Then I must be way off base then, only heard of her recently, my bad. It's not a "woman thing"; if anyone came out with the kind of Kovalchuk article that she came out with, I'd be questioning their motives and legitimacy instantly.

As a musician and producer somewhat in the public eye, I've learned that people online will write or say anything to get some "likes", hits, or RTs, so that Kovalchuk article instantly made it to that list. Would love to be proven wrong though!!

Then I must be way off base then, only heard of her recently, my bad. It's not a "woman thing"; if anyone came out with the kind of Kovalchuk article that she came out with, I'd be questioning their motives and legitimacy instantly.

As a musician and producer somewhat in the public eye, I've learned that people online will write or say anything to get some "likes", hits, or RTs, so that Kovalchuk article instantly made it to that list. Would love to be proven wrong though!!

Ya, I think she comes off creepy and I don't find her interesting to follow, so I don't, but she's been getting press credentials to the tri-state teams and NHL events for a few years at least. 

I don't think I'd believe her if she came up with some rumor, I'd still wait for a national guy, TG, or Chere, just to say my personal position on if she puts out a rumor.

I think the point of the article is that she was privy to all that information but didn't come out with it till now to prove her legitimacy. Like I said, I have followed her for years and I have no reason to disclaim anything she says. Just my opinion though.

Still taking one part of the story and repeating it to prove a point. Nevermind the other 3 years of stuff she's written. Come on max, you're better then this.

What 3 years of stuff?   I've asked around online and basically all I've found is that she's a little nutty and thinks she's friends with Kovalchuk.   And she freaking leveraged that in the quotes.   Would it be wrong to just say "he's not officially signed and it hasn't be posted yet, so let's not be too hasty?"

Instead of this "well, I know about leaks because the Devils hated Kovy talking to me.  NAME DROP!"

It's not professional and there's no reason for me to take it seriously.    I just don't hold blogging to much of a journalistic standard.  Maybe I'm an old fart and I don't "get it".

Edited by maxpower

I think the point of the article is that she was privy to all that information but didn't come out with it till now to prove her legitimacy. Like I said, I have followed her for years and I have no reason to disclaim anything she says. Just my opinion though.

I haven't been following her for more than a week or two so I could totally be wrong and jumping the gun with my (unfair) judgment of her as a writer. But you didn't get the vibe from that Kovalchuk story that it was 99% something any blogger could've written after the fact and not be proven wrong or discredited? Like storytelling after the fact?

I'm just leery of anyone on Twitter who's not part of the major TSN/ESPN networks (or TG). I'm even skeptical of Rich Chere, just to give you an idea. Her Kovalchuk story just didn't sit with me well and even after, I gave her a chance on Twitter and her tweets just come off as cryptic, self-important, and name-droppish. I know "it's just Twitter", like some of you have said, but at the end of the day, bloggers are trying to get a career in writing, something seemed off. Like this:

1. @MichelleKenneth @billmeltzer @jcamps30 Jagr made absolutely no comments during the last days...So the contract could be saved:)

2. @zdenek_janda maybe not after what I just found out.

A blogger with only 2000 followers on Twitter does not have that kind of info (or the supposed background info with Kovalchuk) and not report it. 2000 is relatively nothing for someone that has this super major connection with Kovalchuk or Jagr's camp (or Shane Doan, as she tweeted recently).. That's just madness.

Edited by DJ Eco

There's no way this deal falls apart because of a leak.  I have read Lou used to nix trades and stuff back in the day because of a leak

I don't think Lou would put his own stubbornness before the good of the team. If he had a deal on the table to improve the Devils, he'd do it...not back out just because of a leak.

@max and @DJ, I totally understand where both of you are coming from. I have read her stuff for years so maybe that's why I have a little more perspective or understanding on how she comes off. Guess we'll just leave it at that. I would advise on you both following her on twitter if you have accounts, and come back a year from now and tell me you feelings on her then. I even stopped following her during the 2012 playoffs though because of some of the 'predictions' she came out with...even though she was right in the end.

@max and @DJ, I totally understand where both of you are coming from. I have read her stuff for years so maybe that's why I have a little more perspective or understanding on how she comes off. Guess we'll just leave it at that. I would advise on you both following her on twitter if you have accounts, and come back a year from now and tell me you feelings on her then. I even stopped following her during the 2012 playoffs though because of some of the 'predictions' she came out with...even though she was right in the end.

Yep, I'm following her now, giving her a shot :) My first impression with a blogger/reporter is always the most important, but I'll take your word for it. Always looking to get more NJD-related stuff in my feed so I'll continue to follow her.

Yep, I'm following her now, giving her a shot :) My first impression with a blogger/reporter is always the most important, but I'll take your word for it. Always looking to get more NJD-related stuff in my feed so I'll continue to follow her.

She's very random, remember it's her personal twitter, not her "business official" twitter. Some of the stuff she comes up with, with her "feelings" are scary correct. Which is what I was talking about earlier. 

Absolute idiocy on the main board at HF

1 year deal for Jagr is an 'epic fail'

Jagr wont do good on our 'defensive' system

Our center depth is 'brutal'

NJD defense is 'mediocre at best'

Glad to know, it's what I would expect from mostly Rag/Phailure fans.

Haha, this board (and I'm a culprit) is amazing at derails. Long story short, I'm not buying that this would somehow sh!tcan a Jagr deal. Elias's contract was similar, details started to leak out, then it got done.

Lol seriously...bickering over who is better on twitter.