NFL week 3!!!

CRASHER

lol major bad blood in the Skins-Eagles game.  The Skins took exception to Fletcher Cox tackling Cousins on a delay of game penalty so they went and clocked Foles when he threw an INT and Foles got hurt, and the benches cleared :o

And it wasn't even an INT as it worked out :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Credit Andy Reid for going in there with 1/2 his team on IR, on the road, and winning that game.

I believe the Jets an be in 1st with a win tomorrow and in last with a loss. So we all know what will happen...

Edited by '7'

Patriots escaped vs Oakland who played them tight all day

..yup. We should be able to at least split with them this season, and believe it or not.. I'm extremely confident against the fish. The book is out on them over the last 2 weeks, and the blueprint is there. They can't stop the run. They beat a passhappy New England team who didn't really plan well designed running plays. If you can rush the ball, you can beat Miami.

I think 3 wins is very doable against the AFC East for the Jets, so long as they stay healthy.

They might need more than a split against the AFC East though, with all these pass-happy offense outside the division coming up

And that last drive is what champions are made of vis-a-vis Seattle.  

Indeed. I'm glad now that last second TD by Manning gave me a fantasy win...but Denver ended up losing the game anyway. Hey down the road this may help the Jets. Anytime an AFC team loses to an NFC team it helps us :thumbsup:

The entire AFC is not shaping up to be particularly strong this year outside of Cincy. I mean SD might be very good too but we don't know enough about them. Heck even Cincy is known to gag it up at the wrong time. This won't be a year with a bunch of 12-4's, 13-3's that's for sure.

Edited by '7'

I'm surprised Brady has been that meh with everyone healthy :P

Then again seems like a lot of the elite QB's have hit a pothole early (Brees, Rodgers aside from facing a FCS secondary last week).

He and his wide receivers (with the exception of Edelman) are not clicking at all.  There's talk of the Pats outright scratching Amendola for next week's game, which is a disaster. 

Pats are lucky that, as usual, it doesn't seem like the rest of the AFC East is capable of taking advantage of them just yet.  Miami has flat-out blown it...following up that rousing Week 1 victory with two losses is just awful. 

That being said, the Pats D has gotten it done against Matt Cassel and a team that was clearly in disarray in the Vikings, and a rookie QB and a team that blows in the Raiders.  Their O is clearly not the 500+ point unit it once was.  They're still very ripe to be toppled...they're a very shaky 2-1. 

The Patriots offense has ground to a halt thanks to the dreadful offensive line.  Even if Brady had receivers he's too busy running for his life.  Much was made about the trade of Logan Mankins to Tampa Bay but the biggest loss for the Pats in the offseason was losing their great O-line coach of nearly 30 years Dante Scarneccia who retired from coaching.  4th year 1st round pick LT Nate Soldier has regressed and was responsible for Brady taking the 2 hardest shots he took today and he's due to make $8 million in 2015.  Guard Marcus Cannon also looks like he's regressed badly.

Defense played okay but I frankly expect more against a rookie QB.  The only times they get pressure is when they blitz as Jones is now drawing double teams.

For the past six seasons, few corners have been better than Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis. And over those six seasons, only once has a quarterback performed better against him than Raiders rookie Derek Carr did last night.

Associated Press stats guru Josh Dubow noted that Carr completed 5 of 6 passes when targeting Revis' receiver. And according to Pro Football Focus, hat figure is tied for the second most completions against the 'shutdown corner' in the past six seasons.

Revis has not looked terribly good so far.  Looking more and more like his best days are behind him.