Bernier

smelly

Maybe in a couple of days I'll appreciate the good work he did throughout the postseason, but right now he's the guy Lou rescued from a career in the AHL, who cost the team a shot at the cup tonight.

Bernier is sticking around. One hit doesn't ruin a full season of good. It still sucks.

Lets put it this way too, if they Refs had called the Gio bording the play would have never progressed to that point.

I can't imagine Lou being that diplomatic about this particular situation. He'll have an equally diplomatic reason to have Bernier out on his ass.

Bernier is sticking around. One hit doesn't ruin a full season of good. It still sucks.

Lets put it this way too, if they Refs had called the Gio bording the play would have never progressed to that point.

Not a chance. He's had a couple other instances. This is not only unforgiveable. It's now his NHL legacy. He's done as a Devil. Lou will never forgive this or allow him to get crucified by the Devils fans to boot.

I think his NHL career to be quite honest is completely over. He was basically rescued by Lou from the AHL. There was talk he was thinking of hanging up his skates this year.

Sorry -- totally disagree. It's simply not tenable. He's frankly not good enough to warrant a break on this. Some things are unforgivable -- fresh start somewhere else. Or nowhere. As the case may be.

Edited by smelly

I think he'll be back. He's been playing great lately (besides that incredibly stupid hit) and I'm confident that if someone else got the penalty (depending on who obviously) and Bernier was still playing the game would be different. That 4th line had been great for us.

I think he'll be back. He's been playing great lately (besides that incredibly stupid hit) and I'm confident that if someone else got the penalty (depending on who obviously) and Bernier was still playing the game would be different. That 4th line had been great for us.

Not a chance brother. He's actually been mediocre lately. Carter and Gionta have outplayed him this series for the most part. The 4th line was a great story for the playoffs, but I doubt highly this line will still be together next season at this point (never mind all these guys still being Devils). They were a flash-in the pan story. Turnover is necessary, even on Cup-qualifying teams.

wow love how everyone dumps on BERNIER for a ridiculous inexcusable call by the stripes. If anything I'd accept 2 mins and that's it. It was not Steve's fault the king turned around half a second before the hit. Sorry the ref blew it, gift wrapped it for the Kings and the league should be embarrassed they pandered to LA all series. The whole situation sucks but dumping on Bernier is not where the hate should go. He didn't cost us the game, the men in stripes did. Hope the Kings enjoy their tainted cup. Maybe next year they'll actually be unbiased...

• Like 1

Bernier is gone. That hit (and the 5 minute call/misconduct) will just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth forever. It sucks but that's life.

It's one thing if you're a Kovy or a Parise and you do what he did, but when you're a Bernier-type, you gotta go. Might seem harsh, but he can't come back here after that.

wow love how everyone dumps on BERNIER for a ridiculous inexcusable call by the stripes. If anything I'd accept 2 mins and that's it. It was not Steve's fault the king turned around half a second before the hit. Sorry the ref blew it, gift wrapped it for the Kings and the league should be embarrassed they pandered to LA all series. The whole situation sucks but dumping on Bernier is not where the hate should go. He didn't cost us the game, the men in stripes did. Hope the Kings enjoy their tainted cup. Maybe next year they'll actually be unbiased...

Buy his jersey then, show your support.

I can't listen to excuses for what he did, especially tinfoil hat BS about a tainted Cup.

Game ain't over yet anyway.

It's one thing if you're a Kovy or a Parise and you do what he did, but when you're a Bernier-type, you gotta go. Might seem harsh, but he can't come back here after that.

Yep.

Relatively insignificant player that likely cost his team a chance at the cup? Get rid of him. Free Zharkov. Or sign a big body for the 4th line in the offseason.

While I agree the lack of officiating on the Stoll hit is one of the reasons that the Bernier play even happened, I cannot see him coming back after this. Not every fan will see it through any other lens than it being his fault. I don't see him back here. It'd be one thing if he had multiple years, but as a UFA? Nah.

I still can't believe how dumb Bernier was to put himself in that position. I shouldn't be surprised though, he's come close to a few questionable hits in the past rounds. I hope he's done as a Devil - it will be years if I can ever forgive him for his stupidity tonight. I feel absolutely horrible for the team right now.

I still can't believe how dumb Bernier was to put himself in that position. I shouldn't be surprised though, he's come close to a few questionable hits in the past rounds. I hope he's done as a Devil - it will be years if I can ever forgive him for his stupidity tonight. I feel absolutely horrible for the team right now.

And yet I'm starting to feel for him too. He overreacted to a questionable hit on his linemate, and was unlucky that Scuderi turned. He fvcked up, but the more time I have to think, the more i wonder if he deserves that hate. There's a part of me that would like to see him have a chance to redeem himself next year, though it's tough for 4th liners to really pull off redemption.