NFL Week 5!

CRASHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno... they've been ok...I worry about their passing game without Ward... they rely a bit too much on Parker getting a hundred yards (and funny how it seems every team on top record-wise now, has played a crap list of opponents isn't it... so is it that the team is really good... or the opposition is bad?? Hard to tell....)

They're still a playoff team for sure, but I don't think they are Super Bowl Level

Holmes got hurt too?? Holy Hell!!

Yup, during the Pre-game.

Even though, Big Ben got 206yards, 18/22 and 1td 0int.

With Miller,Washington and... Wilson.

I think yet they're not superbowl level, Their O-line is their major weakness.

Great D, Good WR'S corps, Good running game, Good Qb.. Weak O-line.

What that I said the Redskins are a better team then the Giants??

I admit I'm pissed off at the NY Market since I can't hear thirty seconds of NFL talk on the damn radio (and don't start me again on Fatcessa cutting out on his NATIONALLY AIRED Football Show Sunday Morning half way through to whine about Torre getting fired either :rant:).. but I've ONLY been impressed with about 5 teams so far in the NFL.... New England, Indy (amazing how many injuries they are ignoring now), the Raiders (yes really, they got nothing, but first place in their division), Dallas, and Washington too... there's a lot of average to not so average teams in the NFL this year (and when you are prepping for 3 fantasy leagues in the off-season... you STUDY for this crap)

and what are you basing the level of good the Giants on anyway?? Enlighten me! Eli's showed a little guts this year playing hurt when needed too, but he's still been spotty.. and only gets worse as the weahter does.... Plaxico is FEASTING on smaller DB's (he still drops the easy passes.. but what top level WR doesn't now?)... Ward's been a NICE surprise and I'm still not sold on that defense, if you block the ends... the rest is bad... but if you can't... your D is only as good as the pass rush (true for any team)... the kicker misses too many field goals... add it up.. and you get an average team, that still has a history of feeling too good on itself ignoring the coaching staff and up and falling over dead in the second half!

and like I said.. how many games DO you actually watch each Sunday? I average 8 to 12 of them (depending on conflicts and how soon I can corner off my half of the bar B ) ), and then listen to the NY Teams since they put the sound on and have them on the big screens out of my view

If you didn't care you'd not have replied :P

Come on Crash. Give them credit. You're right about Eli. He hasn't been good the past two weeks and has a tendency to fade. I'm expecting more consistency this year. The Jacobs-Ward combo gives them balance. Burress is playing his best ball as a Giant and he's not even practicing. Of course he feasts on smaller backs. He's bigger than most he goes up against.

You got Shockey and Toomer, who have to be covered. One creates match-up problems. Too bad they don't throw to him more. The other is very reliable. Don't expect him to get shutout again this season. Hey. There was even a Sinorice Moss sighting last week. :rofl:

Okay. As for the D, I think the key is obviously up front like you pointed out. The creative use of Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka has paid dividends. They're all very fast and can wreak havoc. My friend has suggested running at them. Pierce is a pretty good LB and Kiwanuka is a good run stopper. The secondary still is suspect. I don't trust Madison. It was nice to see him get an Int. Our top pick Ross looks good so far. Last week was a coming out party and he only started the 2nd half due to discipline.

If you wanted to know my biggest concern, it's that kicker. Tynes is scary and makes adventures out of PATs. It's going to cost them a game or two. I would replace him. Bring back Raul Allegre. LOL

Now, you like the Skins. Their D is good and the offense is balanced. They have Portis-Betts combo out of the backfield. Santana Moss is a deep threat and Chris Cooley is one of the most overlooked TE's in the league. Plus Randle-El is proving he is more than he was on Pitt. And Jason Campbell has done a good job as starter. I always liked him in college. Now he's getting his chance. The question with basically a first-year QB is will they be able to perform every week. As the season goes on, there are big spots. That's when you find out a lot.

I'll admit Washington is better than I thought. And you deserve credit for picking them where you did.

I don't get to watch as many games as you and understand your devotion each week. I liken it to any blogger who puts so much effort into their entries. You're passion comes out.

However, I do catch whatever games are on and try to follow it as much as possible via highlights, etc.

Right now, Dallas is the best team in the NFC. I just don't see them as being some great power. I think they're beatable. And they sure get a lot of coverage. It ticks me off. I just don't know if I buy Tony Romo as being good enough in a big spot. We're still talking about his first full season and last week against a beaten up team, he was dreadful. Give him credit for making the two throws he needed to pull that out. But it could only be Buffalo that would find a way to lose that when they played so well.

I'm not a big fan of your D either. They have some very good talent but can be attacked down the field. On top of that, Wade Phillips has never been a big game coach. So far, everything he's done has worked. I like him much better as a defensive coach. Don't be surprised if he costs them a game down the stretch.

P.S. Vinny being back in the league is comical. But I'll still take him over The Statue. :lol:

Come on Crash. Give them credit. You're right about Eli. He hasn't been good the past two weeks and has a tendency to fade. I'm expecting more consistency this year. The Jacobs-Ward combo gives them balance. Burress is playing his best ball as a Giant and he's not even practicing. Of course he feasts on smaller backs. He's bigger than most he goes up against.

You got Shockey and Toomer, who have to be covered. One creates match-up problems. Too bad they don't throw to him more. The other is very reliable. Don't expect him to get shutout again this season. Hey. There was even a Sinorice Moss sighting last week. :rofl:

Here's the thing there... you kinda said already... if one's good the other isn't... that's not a key for winning football most of the time... and you said what I said about Plax, there's a reason he disappeared alot as a Steeler too.....

Hey Vander-choke is available :evil:

Can't disagree on the defense, you just about repeated my comments

Brian's had a man-crush on Cooley since he drafted him his first year...so we've known about Cooley... the scary part about the Skins is Santana has done NOTHING this year and they are still dangerous... when he busts out that team is gonna be a HANDFUL

And there's a reason I fix the computers and bring my bartenders pumpkin bread at season's end... they've EARNED it from me ;)

the Defense has improved (and this is without a steady pass rush)... Henry's been real solid, and Newman is healing, the MLBs are making some plays in the run... Tank Johnson will help when he gets in there too

every team in the NFL is beatable.... now ... it's kinda half the fun of it !!

I've never seen a QB be so BAD and come back and win the game (he's damn lucky Brad Johnson is the stiff behind him... if they had any kind of useful backup, Romo would not have gotten to finish the game).... I don't buy the "Clown excuse" (you don't lose just because of the city you play in :P)

Here's what I said about Phillips before and I stay by it... he has a SYSTEM DESIGNED TO USE HIS PLAYERS... if Fat Boy Bill was still here half the offense would be Barber off-tackle and we'd be 3-2 and struggling!!! :rant:

Like I told dr... welcome to the Vinny Greenballs rehab hotline!!! :giggle:

I have known Clown 12 years now since college and he's been beating the Buffalo thing forever. And you know what. I've seen too many instances now where they lose games in ways no other team could. He's right. Any other team would've not just won that game but buried Dallas which is kind of what I expect the Pats to do to them. They had no business even being in it.

Learn to live by these two words. Only Buffalo. Cherish it. You might need to after this Sunday.