GDT: ECF Game 1 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

NJCroMag

Ok......I'm just a long time fan,but I'm not going to cut my throat if we don't make it to the finals...you on the other hand :whistling:

He said Marty has done a lot in the past 10 years. So tell me what has he done?

Kinda easy to get a lot of wins when you also play the most minutes and games of any other goalie in history

So year in and year out its up to ONLY him and his play....AH

I'm a long time fan too but Marty's ship had sailed. He can get all the regular season wins records all he wants but it will be forever tarnished if he can't beat the rags when it counts

Always one of these guys after one of these losses.

The Devs as fans should thank BIG enough Marty for carrying the team on his fvcking shoulders with abysmal D from 3+years post lock-out

Marty was the best Goalie we had and carried us throughout those years

isn't that good enough for you?

Carried this teams to what? Two second round 5-game exits and a first roun exit?

Let's Give It Up For The Rangers Shall We?

Game 1 of the Conference Finals and they shut out The Devils. All it took was some diving, roughing, slashing, tripping, complaining to the Refs and hand passes (of the 10 second duration variety) to pull it off.

How come The Devils never play like this? Don’t they wanna win? Come on Devils! Get on their level!

And what’s up with Brodeur? He needs to be like Lundquist and wear bigger pads and bulkier gear.

A lil luck wouldn’t hurt either.

Come on Devils! Play like you want The Cup!

in all seriousness, how do we defeat their shot blocking strategy?

The only way I can figure to do it is to not let them set it up and get settled in on defense. If the Devils don't score early, the Rangers get comfortable playing defense and it's tough to get it through them. I mean, look at the game where Kovy scored 49 seconds in, they were never able to set up the shell.

You mean the bandwagon Yankees fans wearing Rangers jerseys that were in attendance? 90 percent of them probably couldnt tell you who was on the Rags roster last year.

Now that the alcohol and anger is out of my system, how the hell do we defeat their shot blocking and put pucks in net?

Now all of a sudden everyone is a fvcking Ranger Fan.

Can't stand bandwagon fans.

I'm a long time fan too but Marty's ship had sailed. He can get all the regular season wins records all he wants but it will be forever tarnished if he can't beat the rags when it counts

I would like to see Marty finally beat these a-holes in the postseason, but then again.. I always wish I could have seen the Ewing-era Knicks defeat Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs and that never happened. I hope we can take em' out, but for whatever reason Marty seems to mentally choke against this team in the playoffs. I do not know why. BUT, he has to get over it. For all intents and purposes.. this could be his last shot to get revenge on them and put the "Matteau" memory to rest, for good. He has to show up big and the rest of the team needs to figure out a way to score.

Sure, we swept them a few years ago, but since '92 the Rags have had our number in the playoffs. It's time to turn the tables and make their fans eat the shiet-sandwich. C'mon Devs... let's do it! :koolaid:

Now all of a sudden everyone is a fvcking Ranger Fan.

Can't stand bandwagon fans.

It was bound to happen kinda like the Knicks. The Yankees are one of the few teams without bandwagon fans since they've always been good. I'm not a Yankee fan but it kills me to see people just liking them since they win.

in all seriousness, how do we defeat their shot blocking strategy?

Like someone mentioned before, the Caps players did a decent job of waiting until the rangers defender slid by and then shot. another way is to get a shot off before the defender could get down in the blocking position, but that would probably mean a clear path to the shooter for Queen Lundy. whatever it is Devils players can't be afraid to shoot the puck, trying to make the perfect play. i'm sure PDB will find a way to get the job done - he adjusted the gameplan during the Flyers series and he can do it again. I believe (although the fat man in the blue jersey covering the net does make me nervous).

It was bound to happen kinda like the Knicks. The Yankees are one of the few teams without bandwagon fans since they've always been good. I'm not a Yankee fan but it kills me to see people just liking them since they win.

I AM a Yankees fan, and I hate a lot of the fan base. Uninformed frontrunner idiots. I think I take it out on the Rags, since a lot of those morons root Rags and know less about hockey than baseball.

Carried this teams to what? Two second round 5-game exits and a first roun exit?

I think we all know the goal of each team is always winning the cup..except when there's even more parity now and winning Cups there and there is harder my friend,

but believe me those teams wouldn't have won the Cup those years, lucky enough to get where they went in my opinion,they were all disapointing loses but atleast Marty as a player took the Devs there whereas any other fvcking goalie with that abysmal D wouldn't have gotten us that far(06-07 year...)

That's what happens when you're that spoiled as a fan, always wanting more

1st) Did anyone truly expected to get out of Msg leading 2-0..?

2nd) Did anyone not expected to see Marty let in soft goals..he's 40 afterall...

3rd) Did anyone not expected to see the ice in such awful condition?

All questions my dear friend, all questions.

but hey sometimes, there are homers/pessimists/optimists fans and we all deal with it

from my point of view I hated the fact that we lost the first game.. I hate losing to them, I despise everything they represent, from Torts, their players, their Gm, their owner,their obnoxious fans still chanting Potvin sucks and chanting more times Marty than cheering for their own team, thinking they can always snub it out in your face that they can invade your arena and always bragging about FA market/attendance.. so on.

but hey sometimes you gotta face the reality; they lost as a team, they won as a team. Tonight the Devs competed really heard vs the rangers for two entire periods..that 3rd period they looked like the fvcking blue jackets, couldn't get anything on AT all.

and yet there's still me thinking they have a chance.. the Rangers team have been the team that has been hit the most/blocked shots the most and they're overplaying their top 3 D massively. Eventually they'll get tired out of the Devs team cycling through their zone.

Have faith my friend, it's only 0-1 , four more to go, wether it's 0-2,0-3,life still goes on and the team will still compete.

Edited by TravisZajac

Btw everyone now that I think about it alcohol is probably contributing to my tirade tonight as i watched the game at a barand I apologize in advance. I'll prob be better and much calmer tomorrow so don't take my sh!t tonight too personally.

It must be the alcohol because you're trolling HARRRRRRRD...

Like 12 year old Rangers fan on NHL.com comments hard..

It must be the alcohol because you're trolling HARRRRRRRD...

Like 12 year old Rangers fan on NHL.com comments hard..

That and the fact it's the RANGERS. You think there's really half the negativity around here if we lose 3-0 to the Caps (even with that one being at home)? The Rangers are the only team we could have played and lost to that would have rendered the last month pretty much meaningless.

Who said A$$.....I meant_____k :rolleyes:

What a troll. I call you out on you saying that I kissed Marty's ass last round. Now since you couldn't find any posts you just troll even more.

I guess we should all just post on here singing nothing but praises for brodeur when he gets owned by the rags every fvcking time.

Edited by DevsMan84