Marijuana

TrentonDevils

pot.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under

• No, I dont use it. Arrest the potheads.
    • I don't use it but I think it should be decriminalized
    • I smoke pot, but it should not be legalized.
    • I smoke pot and it should be legalized.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those are are so against the legalization of marijuana...I guess it is ok to glorify alcohol through advertisements, movies, TV Shows etc..drinking and getting loaded is AWESOME YEAH!! (Hey, I had my moments drinking, but follow me on this one) .and think of the amount of people that have been hurt by the use of alcohol...through DWI accidents, domestic violence, cancers, alcohol poisoning etc...how many people have ever overdosed from using marijuana??

Bottom line: I smoked a few times long in the past...I will never do it again...but just understand if there were not pill pushers companies everywhere in the USA for the government to make big $ off of, I bet marijuana would be legalized...

Do you think there would be a rise in DWS incidents if it is legalized?

Can I put in for the patent on a breathalyzer for pot?

Or would a portable DVD player with Beavis and Butthead on it work?

Or maybe just a large bag of Doritos would work even better. :giggle:

Granted the Gov could tax it to hell and pull in a ton of cash for worthy

causes like health care and SS or all the crooked politicians could buy

new houses with all the additional kick backs. But who is to say what and where

the funds would be used for maybe a bridge in Fl. And who is to say ppl would

buy it when they could grow it. The fact that it is so easy/cheap to grow

your own so why buy it?

Is there any LONG term study or Marijuana use?

I know alcohol and tobacco have their obvious downside but what is the out come

of a 10-15-20+yrs of daily use? Would the burden on society be equal to >< that of

other controlled substances?

I've also known many ppl who smoked pot on a regular basis and I've personally seen

the them go down hill and loose there family's and there jobs over their addiction to Marijuana.

They literally became to relaxed that they didn't care.

As a parent I don't think I'd like my children to have to grow up in a pot legal world.

Kids and alcohol is bad enough but what if it's legal and little Tommy's dad leaves

his Marlboro Mary J's laying around for Tommy to swipe? Or does it become common

place to smoke a J while walking down the street? Last time I check they frown when

you drink in public.

I've also known many ppl who smoked pot on a regular basis and I've personally seen

the them go down hill and loose there family's and there jobs over their addiction to Marijuana.

If you lose your job or your family because you're "addicted" to weed, than you're a pathetic human being. Weed isn't addictive. Not in the least. I quit smoking pot every day two years ago with no problem whatsoever, and I know many other people who have too.

Edited by MadDog2020

If you lose your job or your family because you're "addicted" to weed, than you're a pathetic human being. Weed isn't addictive. Not in the least. I quit smoking pot every day two years ago with no problem whatsoever, and I know many other people who have too.

Yes.

Calling Marijuana addictive, and suggesting it will 'ruin your life' is like saying koalas are vicious man eating killers

But thats the hole(thats fur you TD) point anyone can be addicticed to anything no one person is the same.

Hell I smoked for 4 yrs and chewed and I quit with no problem.

1157096256810od0gk1.gif

ha....sorry I just really wanted an excuse to post this...

I suffer from Redism

But thats the hole(thats fur you TD) point anyone can be addicticed to anything no one person is the same.

Hell I smoked for 4 yrs and chewed and I quit with no problem.

Well by your logic, that means that chewing gum or pixie sticks should be illegal as well, because someone could become addicted to them and lose their family......

Well by your logic, that means that chewing gum or pixie sticks should be illegal as well, because someone could become addicted to them and lose their family......

Yeah but too much of ANYTHING is not good. You have to set boundaries -- there are some things out there that if done in massive quantities, can really affect your life and the lives around you.

I'm still of the thought that people can do what ever drugs they want as long as they do it to THEMSELVES only and make damn sure it doesn't affect those around them, but that line can become pretty blurred quite easily.

I think it's entirely possible for a person to want to spend their entire day smoking pot. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's addictive from the aspect that you'll suffer terrible withdrawals when stopping it immediately, but I think if it's something you base your life around and can't get through the day without a toke, then there is some form of addiction involved.

It's completely subjective, really. Just because it's something that might not seem like an addiction to you doesn't mean it can't be an addiction to someone else.

Yeah but too much of ANYTHING is not good. You have to set boundaries -- there are some things out there that if done in massive quantities, can really affect your life and the lives around you.

I'm still of the thought that people can do what ever drugs they want as long as they do it to THEMSELVES only and make damn sure it doesn't affect those around them, but that line can become pretty blurred quite easily.

I think it's entirely possible for a person to want to spend their entire day smoking pot. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's addictive from the aspect that you'll suffer terrible withdrawals when stopping it immediately, but I think if it's something you base your life around and can't get through the day without a toke, then there is some form of addiction involved.

It's completely subjective, really. Just because it's something that might not seem like an addiction to you doesn't mean it can't be an addiction to someone else.

I agree with you, especially concerning the bold part. But the fact that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not seems a bit suspicious to me, and I think, a lot of other people feel the same way. I definitely know true potheads who need to smoke constantly, and they are lazy....But the vast majority of people that smoke do it when they are done their jobs, or on a weekend, at home, laugh a bit more than usual and maybe play some video games or watch tv. Its about a million times better for your body than the amount you need to drink to get a similar buzz, and while smoking anything isnt great for you, its better than smoking a pack of smokes a day.

I just think it should be legalized, and its completely ridiculous that its not at least decriminalized

I agree with you, especially concerning the bold part. But the fact that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not seems a bit suspicious to me, and I think, a lot of other people feel the same way. I definitely know true potheads who need to smoke constantly, and they are lazy....But the vast majority of people that smoke do it when they are done their jobs, or on a weekend, at home, laugh a bit more than usual and maybe play some video games or watch tv. Its about a million times better for your body than the amount you need to drink to get a similar buzz, and while smoking anything isnt great for you, its better than smoking a pack of smokes a day.

I just think it should be legalized, and its completely ridiculous that its not at least decriminalized

Yeah, I hear ya. I do learn towards marijuana being legalized, especially for medicinal purposes (especially from a personal standpoint). Alcohol scares me, honestly. I mean yeah, if you're smart about it, you can have a good time kicking back having a few drinks, but it can so easily spin out of control. I suppose the same could be said for pot -- there is this whole stigma that it is a gateway drug (which I disagree with, btw, as I think pills are the real gateway drug, at least nowadays), so it just gets really sticky. I'd make a terrible lawmaker, I'll tell you that much.

A person can't get high/effected from second hand alcohol breath. Lawsuits are out now just from second hand smoke. Of course Pot smokers would then argue about smoking bans that are even now in place for cigs.

Unlike a DWI based on BAC, an officer would then be responsible to determine if a driving Pot smoker was Under the influence? BAC can be used in court, what would be the legal limit/medical ruling on the amount of Pot in one's system while driving?

More fodder to the argument.

A person can't get high/effected from second hand alcohol breath. Lawsuits are out now just from second hand smoke. Of course Pot smokers would then argue about smoking bans that are even now in place for cigs.

Unlike a DWI based on BAC, an officer would then be responsible to determine if a driving Pot smoker was Under the influence? BAC can be used in court, what would be the legal limit/medical ruling on the amount of Pot in one's system while driving?

Well if your car smells like weed, or if you look blitzed off your ass, the cop can make a discretion call....They already do, and can arrest you for DUI if they have even circumstantial evidence that youre high and driving. Honestly though, being a person who both smokes and drinks, being drunk and driving is far more dangerous than being high and driving, not that either are acceptable, but a really drunk person is much more out of control than a really high person.

Edited by ghdi

Point 1: Marijuana smoking (if legalized) should be held to the Dutch standard. Places that cater to the smoker, or keep it in the home. If it was legalized, I doubt it would be across the board and I dont support an across the board legalization. Smoking bans in public places should apply to any type of smoking, be it cigarettes, pipe tobacco or pot.

Point 2: Already been covered. DWI for marijuana is a judgment call, if a cop smells it or sees paraphernalia he has just cause to make an arrest same with seeing the person. Court matters are different because theres no way to measure THC levels in the body for a pertinent call on making the distinction akin to BAC levels. Every person reacts to marijuana differently, where one hit can make you high. Any ingestion + driving would be/is a DWI. Its not like alcohol where the majority of people can get away with one beer and not feel the effects. You can get a DWI now for driving on prescribed drugs like Vicodin.