new here and need your help

holikwillfindyou

Hey guys, huge devils fan here from North Jersey. I've been following the team since I was 12 (20 now), actually my first kiss happened the same night we won the 2000 cup so i guess the devils are my good luck charm :burn: . This looks like a great place to talk about anything Devils related, and I see that there are some very passionate fans here so im pretty souped :cheers:

On a side note and one of the reasons i joined today is because i was rummaging through my basement this morning and found an old beat up sher-wood with a bunch of autographs on it (21 to be exact). plus theres also a name stenciled on the side "Bridgman 18". The only autograph i could make out was Pat Verbeek's because it's pretty legible. I know Verbeek played on the devils in the mid 80's and the strange thing is that my dad doesn't remember anything about this thing :noclue: im bugging out because we have never seen it before so it could have been left here from the previous owners of the house but i highly doubt it. Does anyone know where I can go to figure this thing out whose signatures are on it? Maybe a memorabilia shop around north jersey? any info would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome :)

I don't know about a shop or anything (there could be, I'm just not in the know for that sort of thing), but there are a bunch of collectors on here that may know whose signature is whose if you posted some pictures of the stick

Welcome!

It won't help you with the illegible scribble, but get an yearbook (media guide) or go to the Devils website to look up when Bridgeman and Verbeek were on the Devils. (Assuming the signatures were from that period.) Get the rosters. The players usually sign with their numbers. Hopefully some of the numbers are still legible. With the roster list you may be able to narrow down who signed the stick. It's not perfect but it is a starting point.

Good Luck!

Edited by Rock

• 1 month later...