Congrats Patty on 348

Neb00rs

Hall Of Famer in my mind.

And Chico's. Hope you guys are right. One or two more cups wouldn't hurt.

Elias will fall in the hard luck group of players that will be denied the Hall of Fame despite being excellent players for a long time. The scoring numbers aren't always among the top players in the league, but Elias is one of the greatest defensive forwards of all-time.

If he wins 4 cups and scores 500 goals (both reasonable), I think it COULD be enough.

In order for him to score 500, he'd have to average 30 goals for 5 more seasons. In other words...not happening.

Yeah. I somehow got 348 and 398 confused. I knew he had 348, but did the math for 398. Bit of a difference. Yay studying for grad school final while working full time. This will be one of many times I sound like an idiot between now and Thursday.

Elias is the reason I became a Devils fan years ago, over the years as players like Zajac and Parise have stepped up Elias kind of took a back seat but he really has been the best player on the team the past couple of seasons and it will be hard to imagine this team without him.

Elias will fall in the hard luck group of players that will be denied the Hall of Fame despite being excellent players for a long time. The scoring numbers aren't always among the top players in the league, but Elias is one of the greatest defensive forwards of all-time.

You know, I always believed this to be true. But as of the last couple years I have started to realize that the league does recognize how good Patty has been. I actually think he'll go into the hall of fame. If he can get another cup before the end of his career it will leave the voters with a recent memory of his greatness.

• Like 1

definitely my favorite player of all time...sadly he is so underrated around the league and even in czech republic people do not realize how great player he was and still is. for example in yesterday sportnews they do not even mention what he acomplished, but of course they told us about jagr and his huge loss to the bruins :(

Another 58 goals and he's beating Rangers all time leader Rod Gilbert who played from 1960 to 1978

i think Elias could score another 90-100 goals until the end of his career if he's not getting injured, he's on pace for 30something this season, could repeat next year and and maybe 2 other 15-20 season after that... i think its fair, could endup with about 450goals in his carreer... its a stretch but not impossible

couldnt sleep and i was curious to see where he was standing compared to other team leaders... at first i did the research for myself but then i thought that i could share, just in case someone else care...

Devils - Patrik Elias 348g

Pens - Mario Lemieux 915gp 690g

Rangers - Rod Gilbert 1065gp 406g

Islanders - Mike Bossy 752gp 573g

Flyers - Bill Barber 903gp 420g

Habs - Maurice Richard 978gp 544g

Bruins - Johnny Bucyk 1436gp 545g

Leafs - Matt Sundin 981gp 420g

Sabres - Gilbert Perreault 1191gp 512g

Sens - Daniel Alfredson 389g

Panthers - Olli Jokinen 567gp 188g

Thrashers - Ilya Kovalchuk 594gp 328g

Caps - Peter Bondra 961gp 472g

Bolts - Vincent Lecavalier 351

Canes - Ron Francis 1186gp 382g

Blues - Brett Hull 744gp 527g

Hawks - Bobby Hull 1394gp 604g

Red Wings - Gordie Howe 1767gp 786g

Preds - David Legwand 169g

Blue Jackets - Rick Nash 259g

Wild - Marian Gaborik 502gp 219g

Cannucks - Markus Naslund 882gp 346g

Oilers - Wayne Gretzky 768gp 626g

Avs - Joe Sakic 1378gp 625g

Flames - Jarome Iginla 484g

Sharks - Patrick Marleau 357g

Stars - Mike Modano 1459gp 557g

Coyotes - Dale Hawerchuk 713gp 379g

Kings - Luc Robitaille 1079gp 557g

Ducks - Teemu Selanne 410g

i guess it's not bad considering that most of those guys we're either elite players or playing at the time when guys were scoring like 90 per seasons and goalies had magazines taped on their legs lol

im hoping to see Parise leading the devils in goals one day...

HOF or not he's my standard of what a good hockey player is. complete package, with an emphasis on stick handling, puck protection,and vision. smoothness personified and a +/- machine. a natural skater

I dont know what the NHL thinks about him now but Im certain his contemporaries recognized him as a borderline HOF player/skater