• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Why do I have a bad, sinking feeling that Donald Fehr and company will ask for the sun, moon, stars and everything else and will put us back to square one instead of building off the NHL offer from Tuesday?

Because Fehr is a giant A-hole. The players hired him know what he is all about and he has been gearing for this fight for the past 2 years. Based upon my layman's reading and interpretation of the owner's recent proposal, it seems pretty fair and addresses most fo the concerns the players had stated previously. If Fehr convinces the players that he can get a dramatically better deal than this, and they refuse to negotiate off of what the owner's have presented, I think we won't see any NHL hockey this season.

Why do I have a bad, sinking feeling that Donald Fehr and company will ask for the sun, moon, stars and everything else and will put us back to square one instead of building off the NHL offer from Tuesday?

I had a lot of hope that the NHL had made a huge step to get this resolved, and that it would lead to real talks with a conclusion shortly to follow. But now I'm getting that same feeling you are about Fehr.

Because Fehr is a giant A-hole. The players hired him know what he is all about and he has been gearing for this fight for the past 2 years. Based upon my layman's reading and interpretation of the owner's recent proposal, it seems pretty fair and addresses most fo the concerns the players had stated previously. If Fehr convinces the players that he can get a dramatically better deal than this, and they refuse to negotiate off of what the owner's have presented, I think we won't see any NHL hockey this season.

I think the majority of players would like to work off of this deal and come to a conclusion quickly that is at least somewhat reasonsable for both sides.

I think it will be Fehr's ego that will put the kibosh on that and will walk into today's meeting with a list of demands he knows the owners cannot meet and we will be back to square one.

I had a lot of hope that the NHL had made a huge step to get this resolved, and that it would lead to real talks with a conclusion shortly to follow. But now I'm getting that same feeling you are about Fehr.

After what happened during the last lockout, the players wanted a guy who was basically a pitbull in negotiations. Now they have them and while some of the players might be pleased with what he is doing for them, I have a feeling based on the quotes I see from players that a good portion of the rank and file players are more willing to compromise than Fehr is probably willing to do himself.

I think the majority of players would like to work off of this deal and come to a conclusion quickly that is at least somewhat reasonsable for both sides.

I think it will be Fehr's ego that will put the kibosh on that and will walk into today's meeting with a list of demands he knows the owners cannot meet and we will be back to square one.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Amazingly, if that happens, all of the good will the players had on their side in this battle will likely dissipate as most foresaw a 50/50 spilt of HRR being the basis for a deal.

Big day today boys...hopefully NHLPA wont screw this up.

They will. When it comes to NHL hockey (whether it be the players or owners), when does the right and logical thing ever happen?

I am 1,000 % sure that seeing as how Don Fehr is running things, the players will fvck this up, submit an insulting counter-proposal that serves to just piss the owners off, and we'll be back to square one. Trust me, I haven't forgotton the baseball strike. This piece of sh!t was the reason there was no World Series for the first time since electricity was invented, so you have to understand just what type of egomaniacal, gluttonous fvckstick we're dealing with here.

I am 1,000 % sure that seeing as how Don Fehr is running things, the players will fvck this up, submit an insulting counter-proposal that serves to just piss the owners off, and we'll be back to square one. Trust me, I haven't forgotton the baseball strike. This piece of sh!t was the reason there was no World Series for the first time since electricity was invented, so you have to understand just what type of egomaniacal, gluttonous fvckstick we're dealing with here.

This x1000

If it's found out that the NHLPA asked for ridiculous alterations to the deal, I'm going to absolutely be in the owner's court from here on out.

The NHL offer is not fair, not by a long shot. That said, it is close to the best deal they will get, because the owners won't give that much to preserve any semblance of a season.

Edited by Triumph

There is going to be a counter offer no matter what. Then some rhetoric from NHL and a week of silence from both sides.

I don't think there will be silence. I think the drop dead date will lead to lots of talks - whether or not they're meaningful is anyone's guess.

Just reading through Twitter now and it looks like this will not be a good day.

Hope for the best but def expecting the worst.

lol, the meeting hasn't even started yet (it's been pushed back to 2:30). I get being negative for reasons already stated in the prior few posts, but nobody knows how the players will respond until they make their own proposal. McKenzie and company can speculate all they want about what the number of players in the room means, we won't know how it plays out till later today.

lol, the meeting hasn't even started yet (it's been pushed back to 2:30). I get being negative for reasons already stated in the prior few posts, but nobody knows how the players will respond until they make their own proposal. McKenzie and company can speculate all they want about what the number of players in the room means, we won't know how it plays out till later today.

. Yeah Has, but if we've learned anything over the years when it comes to the NHL, it's this: expect the worst, and it expect it to defy common sense and logic. At least, that's what I've learned lol.

Oh and Clarkson's at the meeting. Wonder if he'll fall down walking into the conference room. :P

Lol I get what you are saying and you are right. However like maddog said that given the track record of both sides over the years I def believe the negative before I believe any positive.

. One thing you can never knock about the Clarkinator is his effort. :P

Clearly, what he lacks in skill he tries to make up in effort. Maybe someone can throw a pen in the corner of the room and, when Fehr goes to pick it up, Clarkson can come in after him, pin him to the wall and hold him up long enough for the other 17 players to sign the deal before Fehr punches him in the ba!!$. Then, Crosby can take all the glory for being the "leader" in the room who ended the lockout, and nobody will remember or recognize the sacrifice Clarkie made to get this deal done. Here's to hoping. :pray:

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.