Isles/Bolts

Weekes Head

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the between periods game they play on the ice? They were playing a game called "hit the Islander fan" and had some dudes dressed up in Isles jerseys and goalie masks standing in front of the nets and had fans shooting pucks at them!

That's better than the dummy they strap on to the Zamboni at Ducks games w/ the opponents jersey on.

This is going to be a shutout. DiPietro is in a zone and the Isles' D is playing great. Also, Tampa isn't having any luck on their odd rushes. The puck seems to bounce on them. St. Louis has been shutdown.

The Isles PK has given Tampa fits due to DiPietro's puckhandling skills. Everytime Tampa dumps it, he clears it. So they've been forced to try to carry it in. And the Isles are just standing up at their own blueline. Smart strategy.

Tortorella is going to have to make some adjustments for Game Three.

Crasher, the Blake goal changed direction at the last second because it went off a Tampa D-man. You could see it on the replay but neither commentator picked up on it. The puck was heading right to where Bulin was positioned. But it went off the stick and changed momentum. That's why Bulin didn't stop it.

So, I wouldn't blame Bulin for either of the goals. One was a rocket by Niinimaa with a screen setup. And the other deflected.

Actually, Bulin's been Tampa's best player. He's made a lot of great saves to keep his team in. But his teammates aren't helping him out much.

The Isles have to feel really good about how they're playing.

Nassau Coliseum is a difficult place to win at.

Derek I was referring to the Vinny L. goal that got called off.. but they also show

the rule from the book about a goal kicked that deflects off a player not being a goal

... I kinda disagree with that but the rule IS the rule.....

Tampa Bay was a bomb ready to happen

(hey John we beat Tampa in FIVE.... do your reasearch a$$hole :P )

Derek I was referring to the Vinny L. goal that got called off.. but they also show

the rule from the book about a goal kicked that deflects off a player not being a goal

Yea the Rule is the rule, however i felt that situations such as that shoudl not apply, its not like Vinny was kicking it into the net on purpose. He was just centering it and it happens to go in, how is that situation any different then if it was a pass off the stick?

Yea the Rule is the rule, however i felt that situations such as that shoudl not apply, its not like Vinny was kicking it into the net on purpose. He was just centering it and it happens to go in, how is that situation any different then if it was a pass off the stick?

Well if they were lenient on that part, then in theory you could 'intentionally' kick the puck off of someone's skate and into the net if they were in the right position (this wasn't anywhere near the same thing but remember Langenbrunner shooting one intentionally off of some Senator's skate in the crease in Game 7, you can intentionally unintentionally create your own breaks)

but yet they complain about a lack of goal scoring in the league :lol:

then how come you can high stick a puck but yet if the other team touches it the

high stick is waved off.. I would think the intent would be the same on this kind of play

... it takes a supreme amout of skill and luck to make a play like he did.. and if I

remember right his stick WAS tied up.. and if you could kick the puck like that and it

be live maybe that would cut down on stick grabbing since you can just kick the

farooqer in the net then... as long as it wasn't kicked DIRECTLY in....

it's a soapbox issue but this goal SHOULD have counted I believe

I also shudder to think of leaving things up to offical's interpertation like Fraser

not going upstairs on that Pandolfo goal...

I guess the exception would be kicking it to a teammates stick and then they either shoot it in or it deflects off their stick. Then the goal was created off a stick. :noclue:

yeah but for that kind of luck you have a better chance with a lotto ticker :)