Zajac shut down for 3 weeks

sundstrom

Starting to look like this might be a lost year for Zajac. Not sure why Henrique would have to worry about falling out of the top 6, even if Zajac was 100% healthy...why would he be dropped?

Starting to look like this might be a lost year for Zajac. Not sure why Henrique would have to worry about falling out of the top 6, even if Zajac was 100% healthy...why would he be dropped?

if he was 100% healthy, he would get into the top 6. perhaps, based on last night, they could juggle to create:

parise-elias-kovalcuk

henrique-zajac-zubrus

the reason i brought it up was because it was speculated that he might have gotten pushed out if they went

parise-zajac-kovalchuk

sykora-elias-zubrus

henrique-josefson-clarkson

tedenby-carter-zalewski

I'm curious as to the rational that people are coming up with in moving Henrique to the wing instead of Elias.

I mean, my guess is as good as anyone else's here in terms of reading DeBoer's mind, but I'd think that Elias would be the first choice just based on what either player has played their entire career. As far as I can tell Henrique has never played the wing, has he?

I'm curious as to the rational that people are coming up with in moving Henrique to the wing instead of Elias.

I mean, my guess is as good as anyone else's here in terms of reading DeBoer's mind, but I'd think that Elias would be the first choice just based on what either player has played their entire career. As far as I can tell Henrique has never played the wing, has he?

he played a fair amount of it last year in Albany, i think.

Edited by sundstrom

I didn't think so, but go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong.

Neither Eliteprospects.com nor anywhere else I can find shows position breakdowns with their crappy stats, so I don't know.

he played a fair amount of it last year in Albany, i think.

Even so, Henrique has been significantly better on draws than Elias, so I don't see the sense in taking him out of the center position and keeping Elias there. Elias could play D and still put up 50 points, I'm sure he can handle moving back to LW.

Do you guys think Zajac unsure health status is going to force Lou make a move to improve our attack on the trade dead line or do you think he will be looking for some help on Defense ?

Or maybe he will not even move. When I say not move I included the possibility of a move à la Skoula.

...no.

I think he's more likely to stand pat than anything else. That being said, if he does make a move my sense is that forwards are cheaper in the current "market" than defenseman are. I doubt that he makes a move for a defenseman, if only because the price for any of them will be exorbitant.