Top 10 Most Hated Professional Athletes

Donato2327

They were talking about this on the radio today (Phillies are the only team playing around here). I really enjoyed it.

Heres my list...

1. Jose Reyes: Cocky, arrogant...and the fact hes good makes me hate him more.

2. Tony Romo: Everyone talks about how great he is, but he is so overated. Plus he banged Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson. And that damn smile

3. Scott Gomez: Greedy bastard.

4. Sean Avery: I'm not going to even bother with a reason. He's not worth it.

5. Manny: Same reasons as Jose Reyes. Atleast he's funny though. And hasn't been caught taking steroids. Oh wait. Well atleast he took a nice manly steroid.

6. Michael Vick: So much RUNNING (not throwing) talent gone to waste. He is a douchebag to the fans and not to mention a Dog murderer.

7. Jerry Jones: Ugh. I hate the cowboys. I HATE the cowboys.

8. Michael Wilboun/Tony Kornhaiser: I hate PTI with a burning passion. Theses douchebags no nothing about hockey, nothing about sports for that matter, but jerk off Crosby and Ovechkin so much.

9. Barry Bonds: It's not so much the fact he took steroids, but the fact he is such an @$$.

10. Henrik Lundqvist: If I hear one more Ranger fan talk about how "King Henrik" is "the best goalie in the NHL" I am going to throw up. He is terrible. He is awful. So overated.

Dishonorable Mention:

Eric Staal: He is very good, but god damn he is a Devil killer.

Crosby: He's not on the list because hate him or not, he is a great player and has brought alot of new fans to hockey.

Edited by Donato2327

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mario Lemieux -Hope he dies a horrible death after ignoring kids with Cancer and such.

2. Sidney Crosby -Whine, Whine, Whine... "If I don't get my way big daddy Gary Buttman will step in!" Oh and Daddy still drives me to ALL the games and I live with Mario...

3. Critiano Ronaldo -Diver...way to disgrace the game.

4. Diego Maradona -'Hand of God' my ass...

5. Michael Vick -Why don't I put in you with some inmates and you have to fight to stay alive.

6. Roger Clemmens -I NEVER took drugs to improve my game... or did I? Hmm...

7. Sean Avery -Marty should've destroyed him with a vicious chop after his stick waving incident...

8. Tyler Kennedy -Go lick your stick you prick.

9. Evgeni Malkin -How long before you can speak English...Oh you just want the money with your down-syndrome face?

10. Mark McGwire... -yeah he NEVER EVER touched steroids... NEVER. Give them all the *.

Great thread idea.

1. Mark Messier - I could write a book on why I hate this guy.

2. Sean Avery - Please, just go away.

3. Henrik Lundqvist - Big-padded fraud. My top three can be summarized as such: Anyone that Rangers fans love as much as they love these guys, I hate with every ounce of my being.

4. David Ortiz - Biggest fraud in baseball, and I don't care if he's the only one in the entire sport that never touched steroids. Bat Manny behind me and I'll put up MVP numbers, but I'll at least be able to play the field too. Big fat bag of talentless crap.

5. Jonathan Papelbon - Saying that he deserved to be the closer in the last All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium over Mariano Rivera might be the douchiest thing ever. OK, maybe doing a riverdance in your underwear and goggles is douchier. Or that face he makes before every pitch. Hell, this guy just drips with douchebagginess.

6. Kevin Youkilis - He's probably a good guy, but he just looks like he burns crosses in his free time.

7. Sidney Crosby - Really? You're gonna complain that Caps fans were throwing too many hats after an Ovechkin hat trick? Really?

8. Scott Gomez - Two years ago he tops this list for me. But now Rangers fans don't like him so much, so that takes some of the heat off my hate.

9. LeBron James - Just because he's rich as hell and I'm not.

10. Neil O'Donnell - LARRY BROWN ISN'T A STEELER, YOU DUMBASS!

I could probably make a list bigger than ten. I'll stick with ten though.

1. Shaq - The guy is built like a linebacker and he plays basketball. Greatest center my ass. overrated.

2. Lebron James - How about he actually win something before being considered great.

3. Queen Henry - See above

4. Vinny Lecavalier - Something about the guy really pisses me off. I would feel the same way about him even if he was on the Devils.

5. Sean Avery - Who doesn't hate this guy besides Rangers fans?

6. Terrel Owens - I'm a 49ers fan nuff said.

7. Emmit Smith - Most overrated running back in the history of the NFL. Give me the line he ran behind and I would be in the Hall of Fame.

8. Tiger Woods - You play golf b!tch. Anything a 70 year old man can play is not a sport.

9. Leonard Marshall - He injured Joe Montana and pretty much ended his 49er career.

10. The Yankees - I hate them all.

This list is in no set order. I hate every one of them equally.

1 - Stephen Matteau - does this one really need to be explained?

2 - Patrick Roy - that son of a bitch

3 - Dale Earnhardt and his fans - overrated and can do no wrong in his stupid fans eyes when in actuality he sucks

4 - John Cena - you wrestling fans know why

5 - Vinny Testaverde - boooo

6 - Any basketball player - why? cause if I was 6'9 I could jump and dunk with ease too, this sport is a joke

7 - David Beckham - you didn't make soccer big in the US so you fail and I was sick of you getting thrown down all the MLS fans throats as a "savior" to soccer in the US

8 - Corey Stillman - I hate you

9 - Sean Avery - a joke

10 - Any MLB player that doesn't bother learning how to speak English. Please deport them.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Howard flies under the radar a little, but he's definitely an arrogant prick. The way he stands at the plate and watches his pop fly home runs in that joke of a ball park, the way he stamps on home plate with both feet. Somebody really needs to lodge a fastball into his snuffleupagus trunk of a nose.

Aubrey Huff and Jose Reyes are hated? :blink:

huff - i didnt see his name but whomever mentioned it is probably a yankees fan since he pulled a Joba when he hit a HR off of him :lol:

reyes - never understood it.. alot of players act like he does in different ways (um fisting pumping for pitchers? hitters watching their HRs? pointing to the dugout after a big hit? please)

btw Howard isn't really a Met killer, thats Pat Burrell.

Howard flies under the radar a little, but he's definitely an arrogant prick. The way he stands at the plate and watches his pop fly home runs in that joke of a ball park, the way he stamps on home plate with both feet. Somebody really needs to lodge a fastball into his snuffleupagus trunk of a nose.

the left handed pitchers have him covered dont worry :giggle:

Edited by nmigliore

reyes - never understood it.. alot of players act like he does in different ways (um fisting pumping for pitchers? hitters watching their HRs? pointing to the dugout after a big hit? please)

Reyes just has that cocky arrogant swagger. The way he pimps his home runs. The dances he does in the dugout. The way he wears his hat. The way he walks around the field. I know Jimmy Rollins does the same things, but Rollins has an MVP and a World Series ring. Reyes hasn't done sh!t to earn the right to have that swagger. :giggle:

Reyes just has that cocky arrogant swagger. The way he pimps his home runs. The dances he does in the dugout. The way he wears his hat. The way he walks around the field. I know Jimmy Rollins does the same things, but Rollins has an MVP and a World Series ring. Reyes hasn't done sh!t to earn the right to have that swagger. :giggle:

Yeah, thats why Rollins did that before he won anything too, right? Please, you make me laugh.. anything done in the dugout should not be cared about by an opposing team. Pimps home runs? He jogs around the bases, have you ever seen Howard just stand there an admire his HR? Are you really bickering about the way he wears his hat and walks on a field? Is that a joke?

Edited by nmigliore

Yeah, thats why Rollins did that before he won anything too, right? Please, you make me laugh.. anything done in the dugout should not be cared about by an opposing team. Pimps home runs? He jogs around the bases, have you ever seen Howard just stand there an admire his HR? The way he wears his hat? Is that a joke?

Actually Rollins never did any of that until his MVP season. Please Know what you're talking about before you try to make an argument. When him and Delgado do their little shows outside the dugout after every HR or run scored yeah the other team should care. Jogs around the bases my ass. He has to point his finger and dance around. Please he's a disgrace to the league. I would think blowing the division in September 2 years in a row would humble a team. No. I would think watching your rivals win the World Series would humble a team. Guess Not. Reyes can admire a HR when he hits one in October.

Actually Rollins never did any of that until his MVP season. Please Know what you're talking about before you try to make an argument.

lol .. He won the MVP in 2007. His little 'arrogant, swagger' crap started in 2007 by saying his team was the team to beat after the Mets clobbered that division the year before.. he backed it up in the end, no doubt, but still he came out and said that; thats pretty arrogant, no? And again FYI that was before he won the MVP; and even if he had won the MVP the year prior, what does that have to do with anything? 'Team to beat' isn't a comment about the individual, its about the team. It would only have made sense if he said it if they had won the WS the year before.. I know Beltran came out and said it in 2008, so did K-Rod this year, but we are talking about rollins and reyes.

When him and Delgado do their little shows outside the dugout after every HR or run scored yeah the other team should care. Jogs around the bases my ass. He has to point his finger and dance around. Please he's a disgrace to the league. I would think blowing the division in September 2 years in a row would humble a team. No. I would think watching your rivals win the World Series would humble a team. Guess Not. Reyes can admire a HR when he hits one in October.

lol he put his hand in the air like once and it was b/c it was a big HR vs a rival team, OMG how bad a move was that!! Go cry a river, you are the typical whiny bitchy Philly fan who just focuses on the Mets and what they do.

btw, Reyes actually has hit a HR in October before, dumbass :lol:

Edited by nmigliore

Not to defend the PTI guys, because they do grate on me sometimes, but Wilbon has repeatedly criticized Crosby. If I can remember correctly, his point that all the talk about Crosby being the best in the World was due to North American bias, and that Ovechkin and Malkin were both better than Crosby. I also remember them criticizing him for his hat trick comments.

Now For My List:

1.) Ulf Samuelson

2.) Sean Avery

3.) Mark Messier

4.) Al Trautwig

5.) A-Rod

6.) Sidney Crosby

7.) Linda Cohn

8.) Terrel Owens

9.) Bill Belichick

10.) Drew Rosenhaus

lol .. He won the MVP in 2007. His little 'arrogant, swagger' crap started in 2007 by saying his team was the team to beat after the Mets clobbered that division the year before.. he backed it up in the end, no doubt, but still he came out and said that; thats pretty arrogant, no? And again FYI that was before he won the MVP; and even if he had won the MVP the year prior, what does that have to do with anything? 'Team to beat' isn't a comment about the individual, its about the team. It would only have made sense if he said it if they had won the WS the year before.. I know Beltran came out and said it in 2008, so did K-Rod this year, but we are talking about rollins and reyes.

lol he put his hand in the air like once and it was b/c it was a big HR vs a rival team, OMG how bad a move was that!! Go cry a river, you are the typical whiny bitchy Philly fan who just focuses on the Mets and what they do.

btw, Reyes actually has hit a HR in October before, dumbass :lol:

You say Rollins backed it up, so what is the relevance in your argument? It would only have made sense if he said it if they had won the WS the year before? Actually he made the comment because all the reporters thought the Mets were going to win the division again. He said the Phillies were going to win it. That's not arrogance, it's confidence. And he backed it up with an MVP season and a division title. And you completely contradict yourself by saying Beltran and K-Rod said it you idiot.

And don't try to say he put his arm up ONE time. Get real man. Come on. And maybe I will cry a river... cry a river right into my 2007 Division Champs shirt? Or maybe my 2008 Division champs hat? Or maybe my NLCS game 2 rally towel? Or maybe I'll just cry a river into my World Series Champs shirts, hat and World Series rally towels?

Edited by Donato2327

1.Sean Avery

2.Scott Gomez

3.Sidney Crosby

4.Terrell Owens

5.Tony Romo

6.Donovan "I didn't know there were ties" McNabb

7.Brian Dawkins (because of his intent to injure, after the player is already down, head first hits)

8.Tom "We'll only score 17 points in the Super Bowl?" Brady

9.Micheal Vick

10.Jonathon Papelbum

extra: Paul Mara just cause Rupp called him a fvcking pvssy :lol:

Ah crap, I forgot sportscasters could be included. I'm gonna ammend my list to include Joe Buck and Al Trautwig. Top 12.

Also, for all the Jose Reyes talk ... didn't Keith Hernandez get into a fight with him on the team plane because he's a cocky little bastard? I don't hate the guy personally, but for a broadcaster and former member of the team to take issue with how a guy carries himself while wearing the uniform ... well ... that kinda speaks volumes.

Great poll by the way. For what it's worth:

A-Rod - too many reasons to list

Bud Selig (not sure if I'm deviating from the poll parameters) - everytime I see his face I want to punch the TV

Koby Bryant - I even hated him before the whole Colorado deal.

Sean Avery - clown

Scott Gomez - I honestly didn't like him when he was on the Devils (played when he felt like it). But when he joined the Rags ...

Roger Clemmens - has no redeeming qualities

Peyton Manning - can't win the big game, smug, calls out O-lineman at every turn - gutless ... and annoying.

Sidney Crosby - I fell down again, I don't like Alex O because he ate my Cheerios ... dove again...awesome

Barry Bonds - I'm really not sure if anybody in the nation likes him

Serena Williams - loses the second set 6-3, calls medical timeout, loses next two games, forfeits due to "injury." Rinse and repeat.

Ah crap, I forgot sportscasters could be included. I'm gonna ammend my list to include Joe Buck and Al Trautwig. Top 12.

Also, for all the Jose Reyes talk ... didn't Keith Hernandez get into a fight with him on the team plane because he's a cocky little bastard? I don't hate the guy personally, but for a broadcaster and former member of the team to take issue with how a guy carries himself while wearing the uniform ... well ... that kinda speaks volumes.

Yeah alot of ppl hate Joe Buck. I don't get it to be honest.

But thank you. You were absolutely right. Hugh Douglas, broadcaster and former Eagle, got in a fight with TO. Same kind of idea. TO = cocky, arrogant, douchebag. Reyes = cocky, arrogant, douchebag